ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension visas

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kumar35
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension visas

Post by kumar35 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:20 am

Hi,

Quick question about the extension of tier 1 entreprenuer extension.

As per the ukba policy guidance we need to hire two settled persons in UK for our future extension of our visa.

Can any one suggest would it be ok if we hire an ILR(Indefinte levae to remain) candidate for our company? will it comes under settled person category?

Thanks

Kumar

sajjuz

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension visas

Post by sajjuz » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 am

yes ilr status means settled

csb
Newly Registered

Post by csb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:27 pm

yes , i think ilr, british and EU member

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 am

Anybody who doesn't require require approval to work in the UK, got to check holders' immigration
employment document and the work permit arrangements endorsed.

 A national of the UK [British];
 A national of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia*, Cyprus, the Czech Republic,
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or
Switzerland who is exercising an EC Treaty Right in the UK;

*NB – Workers from Croatia, unless exempt from worker authorization, must have such authorization (for instance a purple registration certificate) in order to commence work;

 British overseas territories citizens [BNO] except those from Sovereign Base Areas in Cyprus.Those included are Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Virgin Islands, British Indian Ocean Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands and dependencies, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands, St. Helena and Dependencies and Turks and Caicos Islands;

 Commonwealth citizens who were allowed to enter or to remain in the UK on the basis that a grandparent was born here;
 Settled in the UK- ILRs

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 am

Noteworthy to mention,

Some people who hold above mentioned permit or visa or passport; we have to check and find out their genuineness. As they can be fake/illegal [plenty of news happen to read, hear and see], we cannot claim points later for this.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi,

For employing settled workers, how could we know the genuineness of the documents submitted, as their are some fake documents, and if someone genuinely employs these type of people, it might affect the point scoring under this. And just to add, could anyone please advise on all main documents needed to collect from respective employees.

Thank you and God bless

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:01 am

babaty2k02 wrote:Hi,

For employing settled workers, how could we know the genuineness of the documents submitted, as their are some bad quality documents, and if someone genuinely employs these type of people, it might affect the point scoring under this. And just to add, could anyone please advise on all main documents needed to collect from respective employees.

Thank you and God bless
My apologies for my TYPO. I meant, we got to be extra careful, yes of course we neither qualified nor equipped to check them out. Reason why I raise this issue is one family friend of mine has been stuck in this issue.

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:09 pm

I always use this tool, it will come back with an elaborative email from Home office and enlarged pictures of the permit holder for you to be sure youre employing the right person, also this can serve as a proof later on if home office deems your employment invalid. In the reply it states whether theyre settled, thats the point I am trying to explain...

https://www.gov.uk/check-biometric-residence-permit
Solomon

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:04 am

solomondid wrote:I always use this tool, it will come back with an elaborative email from Home office and enlarged pictures of the permit holder for you to be sure youre employing the right person, also this can serve as a proof later on if home office deems your employment invalid. In the reply it states whether theyre settled, thats the point I am trying to explain...

https://www.gov.uk/check-biometric-residence-permit

Thanks Solomondid
Its really nice info.