ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) queries

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bright5
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) queries

Post by bright5 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Please find below the current situation on which I will greatly appreciate your help.

My Graduate Entrepreneur Visa expired on the 15th of March 2016 and I raised for the startup I co-founded 8 months ago 50k£ from a 3rd party investor. I couldn't switch it to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa because I had to do that within the UK and the process takes at least 4 weeks knowing that there is no maximum period and some applications may take several months... I had several travel commitments and it was impossible for me to stay without my passport for such a long period (4 weeks or more...).

Now, I am stuck overseas and would like to apply from here. And I would like to know please the following:

1/ Can I apply for a switch from Tier 1 GE to Tier 1 E from overseas even if my current visa had expired?

2/ If it is not the case, can I apply directly to Tier 1 E visa? In fact, I can read on the guidelines (https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds) that if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business, you are eligible. The issue is that the 50k£ were invested by a 3rd party. Will it work as well?

I will appreciate a lot your help as I am in a situation where I don't know what to do.

Grateful for your help and support.

Thank you very much.

geriatrix

Re: Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) queries

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Don't hijack other users' topics!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:53 pm

1/ Can I apply for a switch from Tier 1 GE to Tier 1 E from overseas even if my current visa had expired?
No. Switch means changing your visa in the UK.
2/ If it is not the case, can I apply directly to Tier 1 E visa? In fact, I can read on the guidelines (https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds) that if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business, you are eligible. The issue is that the 50k£ were invested by a 3rd party. Will it work as well?
You have to apply for a fresh Tier 1E entry clearance and provide all the necessary documents. To claim your £50k funding as a Graduate entrepreneur towards Tier 1E visa, you should have switched in the UK.
Unfortunately you can only apply with £50K if you got that funding from a registered VC, one of the UKTI endorsed seed funds or a UK government body. Other 3rd Party funding or investment is not acceptable for Tier 1E entry clearance unless it is at least for £200K.

Read the Tier 1E guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2016.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JohnHunter
Newly Registered

Post by JohnHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 am

Hey,

I have a similar situation to you.

I am wondering what you did as I am currently stuck overseas with a good business in the Uk

But my last GE expired and I’ve read that I can’t apply for the £50k route from outside the Uk.

Please help, what did you eventually do?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:42 am

JohnHunter wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 am
Hey,

I have a similar situation to you.

I am wondering what you did as I am currently stuck overseas with a good business in the Uk

But my last GE expired and I’ve read that I can’t apply for the £50k route from outside the Uk.

Please help, what did you eventually do?
Do not post your questions in other people's threads !!.. And definitely do not dig up old threads.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.