ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA (UKBA - DOCUMENTS NOT RECEIVED)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deepshadow86
Newly Registered

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA (UKBA - DOCUMENTS NOT RECEIVED)

Post by deepshadow86 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi All,

I am fairly new to this forum however this seems to be a place where you can gain some knowledge about the immigration issues. Anyhow, I have a slight problem I dispatched all my documents to UK Border Agency about my TIER 1 (E) visa but a couple of months back I received a call from UKBA that they have not received any documents a part from my application form.

This seems to me very strange, but I asked the guy over the phone to write me an email and request a new set of documents but bare in mind this can take 1 month time as I provided originals and to get a copy of all that will take some times.

Eventually got a refusal letter with an appeal option which I applied for and received a date of June 04 2014. I am just wondering is this only me or this has happened with few others.

Just a small note here, I applied for a student VISA back in 2012 December but as usual due to college being kicked out of list that was also refused and given a time from by UKBA to either pack your bags and fly or reapply on TIER 4 or any other category.

Based on above is there any one who knows anything or has happened the same with him/her.

Regards

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA (UKBA - DOCUMENTS NOT RECEIVED)

Post by Princess of Ammi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:02 pm

(This seems to me very strange, but I asked the guy over the phone to write me an email and request a new set of documents but bare in mind this can take 1 month time as I provided originals and to get a copy of all that will take some times.)

if you could answer to questions listed below before I could have my say on your case
had you been allowed to take the requested time? and
what could you provide to support your application in terms of supporting documents that you requested time for? and
are reasons to refuse your application relevant to missing documents if you provided all at the time of application would it have made any difference?
(I have not tried to say you did not send the documents you said you sent off with the application)

(Just a small note here, I applied for a student VISA back in 2012 December but as usual due to college being kicked out of list that was also refused and given a time from by UKBA to either pack your bags and fly or reapply on TIER 4 or any other category.)

did you have you visa extended in same tier 4 or is your current application a subsequent switch into tier 1 as you said you had to decide whether if you are re-applying or leaving the country ?
thanks,

deepshadow86
Newly Registered

Post by deepshadow86 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Thank you for posting a feedback, please see below:

1. if you could answer to questions listed below before I could have my say on your case
had you been allowed to take the requested time? I was told by the guy over the phone that he will email me the request and I should arrange documents, I waited and tried to contact him many times but every time I end up leaving a voice mail message.

2. what could you provide to support your application in terms of supporting documents that you requested time for? I have to arrange almost everything as I have been told they have not received a single document.

3. are reasons to refuse your application relevant to missing documents if you provided all at the time of application would it have made any difference? Off course, this would have made a difference and who would like to being put on hold for months, this is very strange but anyways there was nothing I can do as I was waiting but end up having a refusal letter.

4. did you have you visa extended in same tier 4 or is your current application a subsequent switch into tier 1 as you said you had to decide whether if you are re-applying or leaving the country ? I switched into Tier 1 while the application was on hold with UKBA however I have been served a notice of 60 days, to either switch, reapply Tier 4 or fly.

I hope above is a fair justification and I have answered all your questions, I really appreciate your time for the feedback but I would love to know what is the next step or am I missing something.

Regards

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:32 pm

So to me your application is a varied (you varied when your tier 4 application was being processed and tuition provider had their licence revoked) application for the tier 1 Ent. 200K(at that time) or through capital venture scheme where a tier 4 migrant needs to have a 50K back up, either ways Looking at your answers it seems that the refusal is not based up on missing documents, time that you took to provide the missing documents or any other reasons standing out of, but may have been credibility, competence or required documents being not in line with, one needs to show for such a visa as this.

Documents were lost thought to be UKBA's documents handling department fault, they requested you for another submission you needed time that you requested and took, they never confirmed time in writing if was given or allowed but they did not object. Your refusal as I said above is based up on reasons which excluded any of none, late, or missing submissions. You, as you mentioned, lodged appeal using given right and there is a hearing that lets you defend yourself against the objections I couldn’t say anything about the objections because I aint been told about the objections.
thanks,

deepshadow86
Newly Registered

Post by deepshadow86 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Thank you once again for a feedback, however please note in the rejection letter they have clearly mentioned that I have not submitted required documents and therefore based on that they are refusing my case.

They further added that because you have not submitted your supporting documents we did not think that we should contact you as at first place you did not submitted the documents.

There is absolutely no way that I can prove or they can prove however they should have requested via email and not verbal as over the phone the guy confirmed that he will let me know via email and then I can send documents.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 pm

@ deepshadow86, do you have photocopies of the supporting documents you submitted with your application form? And can you post the exact refusal reason/s as it is on your refusal letter.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

shamims178
Newly Registered

Post by shamims178 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:04 pm

People concerned with the return of documents:

I followed the following steps to get my documents back in just 2 days:

1. I received the BRP card but not the original documents including my passport.
2. I called them on 03001232241, selected option 3 and then 2 to directly speak to an advisor (took less than 2 mins.)
3. I explained the situation and she asked me to fax my 'urgent' request on 0114-2072536 (works between 9am and 4:30pm weekdays)
4. I tried many times but couldn't succeed, so called them again and explained the urgency to get my passport as my flight date was just 3 days away
5. The advisor took my details and dropped a note to UKBA on my behalf.
6. In next 30 minutes I received a call from UKBA, where they communicated that they are sending my docs today which i should receive in a day or 2.
7. But on my request, they allowed me to collect the documents personally from their office, which I did today.

Hope this helps some of us.

Shaz