ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ext 200k - re-inestment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n8net
- thin ice -

Tier 1 Ext 200k - re-inestment

Post by n8net » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:42 am

is the money genered as profits from a business is re-invested into the business is it counted towards 200k criteria ? i think no, but appreciate any inputs from anyone

moongesture
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Ext 200k - re-inestment

Post by moongesture » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Yes it will be consider as investment.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 am

thanks abdhriz,

so any1 with a small capital , lets say 25K can invest in a business and from the profits , by reinvesting could potential satsfy the 200k criteria ?

and it is ok to show the proof of funds for the 175k (200-25) as from the profits from the business itself ?

does HO approve this. any1 with exp. before ?

thanks

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Two different things. A) Available funds & B) Investment.

No one can show 25k and process T1 application until or otherwise claiming the funds already invested as per immigration rules

If applicant is NOT having "Access" to the appropriate funds (GBP 50K 0r 200K) he/she will not be able to process the initial application. If entry clearance already obtained, this may be curtailed if "Access to the fund(s) is seized";

for further reading "...... applicant to demonstrate that the funds they have used to apply under this category are still available to them beyond the date of their application. The funds must continue to be available to them until the funds are invested or spent as required by the Immigration Rules".
So for example if someone decided to start a new business with a startup investment of 25k and can demonstrate that remaining funds are available until spend/invested fully in the business will satisfy the requirement. Re investment of profit will count toward investment but will not count toward available or accessible funds.

n8net
- thin ice -

Tier 1 Ext - Can apply Early ?

Post by n8net » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:50 am

from the policy guidance, I understand you can extend your Tier 1 Ent application however early you want ?

but, from this forum, I remember someone saying you can apply only 28 days before the expiry ?

could someone clarify please ?

also, what is the view of re-investing the profits from a company ? for it it be considered part of the investment what doc needs to be submitted ?

also, how director of a company reasonably take money out from the company if it makes profits? I understand the there is a limit to directors salary ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Ext - Can apply Early ?

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:04 pm

n8net wrote:from the policy guidance, I understand you can extend your Tier 1 Ent application however early you want ?
You can apply as early as you want. 28 days early is just a recommendation
also, what is the view of re-investing the profits from a company ? for it it be considered part of the investment what doc needs to be submitted ?
No. You need to invest the money you claimed you have during your initial visa application.
also, how director of a company reasonably take money out from the company if it makes profits? I understand the there is a limit to directors salary ?
There is no limit. You can pay yourself salary/dividends as long as it does not come from the money you invested. Directors usually choose to pay themselves min salary and take the rest as dividends/bonus to minimize employer's NI tax payments. Talk to your accountant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:44 pm

zimba88 wrote:
?
So you get a 2 year extension and then aren't you short for 5 years for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:46 pm

seasky wrote:
zimba88 wrote:
?
So you get a 2 year extension and then aren't you short for 5 years for ILR?
Yes, that is why it is recommended that extensions are applied for within 28 days of visa expiry to avoid exactly this and therefore requiring an additional extension to cover what is often just a couple of months or days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:04 pm

seasky wrote: So you get a 2 year extension and then aren't you short for 5 years for ILR?
You can be short of up to 28 days when you apply for ILR as long as you never over stayed.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:23 pm

thanks guys.

only need one more year as 10 yr route is possibility for ILR.

but out of curiosity to keep the 5yr route open as well, from then it is calculated, from the day the initial visa is given or applied ?

ta

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:38 pm

n8net wrote:thanks guys.

only need one more year as 10 yr route is possibility for ILR.

but out of curiosity to keep the 5yr route open as well, from then it is calculated, from the day the initial visa is given or applied ?

ta
For the 5 year route, the starting date is the day you have been granted initial Tier 1E visa.

n8net
- thin ice -

Clarifications : How Money Should not be used

Post by n8net » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:37 am

in pge 69 of this doc https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ur-v16.pdf

it says, money deposited in a business bank account, even if it is UK based account does not attract points. So, for Tier 1 extension, shouldn't we just deposit the money and leave it there. should be actually spend it ?

this in contrary to my earlier understanding, that money should not be spent to be eligible for points . any 1 please clarify ?

thanks

Mrchaany

Re: Clarifications : How Money Should not be used

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:41 am

Unless it is legal director loan agreement

zimba
Mood:

Re: Clarifications : How Money Should not be used

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:46 am

The money must be invested as an unsecured directors loan or in the form of share capital. Simply transferring money to your company's business account is not considered investment on its own

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 03, 2016 1:13 pm

n8net wrote:I have 200k extension coming up in a months time and I have been preparing the docs now and understand the accountant has an integral role to play. But the accountant might be not aware of the req. of the extension or the rules and hence I have been doing research on what needs to be done and got following questions.

1) accountant is expected to prepare three year annual accounts, showing the investment, among other things
anything specific this should include / exclude for HO ?

2) pardon my knowledge with accounting side of the business, but would be useful, if someone could some shed light on, the type of accounts available and the ones that should be submitted to HO. This is will help me communicate clearly with my account as to what exactly required of him ?

3) I have not made the full investment yet, still 50k left in the 200k and expect to transfer this to my business account in two weeks time. Will this be problem for accountant or for HO ? I understand from this forum that interim management accounts are acceptable. Is management acocunts another name for ad-hoc accounts ?

4) he also should give me the full FPS for three years to satisfy job creation ?

5) he also should a letter confirming investment and 2-job creation which along with above are mandatory for HO extension ?

6) also for the accountant himself, he needs to have a licence and ACCA certified. anything else he must satisfy ?

thanks for reading and kindly please reply with some info which will help me understand the accounting jargon s related to Tier 1 200k extension from accounting point of view
1) accountant is expected to prepare three year annual accounts, showing the investment, among other things anything specific this should include / exclude for HO ?
Accounts must show the investment made under your name. Accounts compilation report is also required.
2) pardon my knowledge with accounting side of the business, but would be useful, if someone could some shed light on, the type of accounts available and the ones that should be submitted to HO. This is will help me communicate clearly with my account as to what exactly required of him ?
Your accountant usually prepares a full accounts and then submit a summary of this (abbreviated accounts) to companies house. You need to have the full accounts to send with your application.
3) I have not made the full investment yet, still 50k left in the 200k and expect to transfer this to my business account in two weeks time. Will this be problem for accountant or for HO ? I understand from this forum that interim management accounts are acceptable. Is management acocunts another name for ad-hoc accounts ?
You need to have to make the investment as soon as possible and prepare all the evidence by the time you apply. Management/interim accounts are created for you only (a form of ad-hoc accounts) and are not submitted to HMRC/companies house
4) he also should give me the full FPS for three years to satisfy job creation ?
FPS reports covering the period of employment you are claiming points for.
5) he also should a letter confirming investment and 2-job creation which along with above are mandatory for HO extension ?
Only mandatory if you joined or taken over an existing company
6) also for the accountant himself, he needs to have a licence and ACCA certified. anything else he must satisfy ?
Must be member of a recognised body like ACCA and having a license to practice.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue May 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi Mods,

I see my posts are been merged into one topic. does that mean that a user can have only one topic in a forum, even though the topic of discussion in different ?

@Zimba,
thanks a lot, for your reply. Just for clarity, HO accepts the ad-hoc accounts with majority of the investment ? and I am not expected to submit to any organisations such as HMRC or Company House ?

and how long does it take for an accountant to prepare this ? The reason is, given the tight deadlines want to understand the risks involved in the late investment ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Just for clarity, HO accepts the ad-hoc accounts with majority of the investment ? and I am not expected to submit to any organisations such as HMRC or Company House ?
management accounts are accepted. These are no submitted to anybody
and how long does it take for an accountant to prepare this ? The reason is, given the tight deadlines want to understand the risks involved in the late investment ?
Talk to your accountant

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed May 04, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks again Zimba,

does the management account also have a "notes" section where my total investment of 200k via DL will be listed under my name" similar to annual accounts ?

The reason I am asking all these questions is before talking to my accountant, i would like to be clear on what is exactly needed by HO, so that I can instruct my accountant to do so.

also Zimba, from you experience, how long does preparing a Management account take ? also do you see any issues with late investment leading upto the time of extension ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 04, 2016 11:24 am

n8net wrote:Thanks again Zimba,

does the management account also have a "notes" section where my total investment of 200k via DL will be listed under my name" similar to annual accounts ?

The reason I am asking all these questions is before talking to my accountant, i would like to be clear on what is exactly needed by HO, so that I can instruct my accountant to do so.

also Zimba, from you experience, how long does preparing a Management account take ? also do you see any issues with late investment leading upto the time of extension ?

Thanks
A management account and a normal account should have no differences. It must have the same info and data. Your accountant should be able to prepare these in few hours, it is up to him/her really.
It is at the discretion of HO to accept your investments or not.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed May 04, 2016 3:20 pm

cheers for that. nice to know accounts can be prepared quickly even with a late investment.