ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 EXTENSION APPLICANTS PLEASE JOIN HERE

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Been in n out twice only question asked the first time was if I had my tb certificate n second time was how long was I away for
They were nice n welcomming
Dont worry u should be ok

jiwa81 wrote:Hi
I am coming back to UK in two weeks time Please Please if someone can share there experience at the Airport at arrival
1) What kind of questions they ask ?
2) What kind of Documents they ask ?
3) What kind of Documents need to carry ?

so I an any one coming can get prepare themselves
will be very Helpful to lot

Thanking you all in advance

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi guys,
Got my visa today PSW 50k two partners.....looking forward for discussion on the extension visa.
Passion

jiwa81
Newly Registered

Post by jiwa81 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:52 pm

suvalike wrote:
jiwa81 wrote:Hi
I am coming back to UK in two weeks time Please Please if someone can share there experience at the Airport at arrival
1) What kind of questions they ask ?
2) What kind of Documents they ask ?
3) What kind of Documents need to carry ?

so I an any one coming can get prepare themselves
will be very Helpful to lot

Thanking you all in advance
hello buddy,

one of my friend just arrived from pak after two months holidays.He was not asked any questions apart from general like how many days you was away and what business you do..

So dnt worry.You will be all right
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION MUCH APPERICATED

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi All,

What is the Time period that we need to invest the money. I heard its within 18 months.
Passion

jiwa81
Newly Registered

Post by jiwa81 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Satinder25 wrote:Hi All,

What is the Time period that we need to invest the money. I heard its within 18 months.
In the period of Three years time before extension not 18 months.

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks Jiwa,

Also can our own salary count towards investment.
Passion

jiwa81
Newly Registered

Post by jiwa81 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Satinder25 wrote:Thanks Jiwa,

Also can our own salary count towards investment.
NO its not count towards investment.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I have invested my funds as a director's loan, bought inventory and sold it off. Can I withdraw the invested funds? or do I have to keep it in the company account for the remaining term of my visa?

My accountant advised me that the director's loan can be repaid back by the company at any time.

jiwa81
Newly Registered

Post by jiwa81 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 am

confused90 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have invested my funds as a director's loan, bought inventory and sold it off. Can I withdraw the invested funds? or do I have to keep it in the company account for the remaining term of my visa?

My accountant advised me that the director's loan can be repaid back by the company at any time.

Hi Confused90 first of all what kind of the business did you showed?
50k route or 200k?
so we can advise in the right direction

confused90

Post by confused90 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 am

jiwa81 wrote:

50k route or 200k?
200K route buddy :)

jiwa81
Newly Registered

Post by jiwa81 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 pm

confused90 wrote:
jiwa81 wrote:

50k route or 200k?
As per my knowledge it should be ok as long as all the supporting docs are provided by the Accountant but lets hear opinion from other people on forum
Good luck

200K route buddy :)

nomi11
Newly Registered

Post by nomi11 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I have recently received Tier 1 entrepreneur visa. I am going to invest 10 k at my currently active company. Can I buy 40 k shares for other company? It will work for me to show my 50K investment?

tier1tier1tier1

Post by tier1tier1tier1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 pm

hello guys,

i have got visa last yr 50k. now im running my business successfully.
invested more than half of the money into my business. planing to invest more soon.
was not sure about 2 jobs creation was also mandatory this is difficult.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:13 am

Hello guys,

I just wanted to know if there's a minimum term for the director's loan? As the policy guidance doesn't say anything about the term.

Should it be ok to withdraw the loan in a few months? Once the company has recovered the investment?

Thanks

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Hello! Would be glad if someone could help me with director's loan agreement. Just to clarify few questions.

1) I(as probably many of us) am the director and owner of a company. Now I want to transfer my investment funds to business account. To do so we're required to sign a directors loan agreement. Agreements are normally signed by 2 parties. In our case we represent both of them- director(lender) and company(borrower). Should I sign the agreement on behalf of both parties or what?

2) According to policy guidance the agreement should show:

terms of the loan (are there any specific terms that I should include?)
and

the period of the loan. What period will be best for HO?

If someone has already resolved these issues, please help. As it's time for me to transfer cash and hire staff and I want to make it 100% correct to avoid misunderstandings in the future.

onewin

Post by onewin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:44 pm

i found this under : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

245DF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain

To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, indefinite leave to remain will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a) DELETED

(b) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.

(c) The applicant must have a minimum of 75 points under paragraphs 35 to 53 of Appendix A.

(d) The applicant must have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, in accordance with Appendix KoLL.

(e) The applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded.

===================================

According to this, if we meet normal extension criteria then we are also eligible for indefinite leave to remain.

Please confirm.

onewin

Post by onewin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

(b) 3 years if the applicant has:

(i) established a new UK business that has had an income from business activity of at least £5 million during a 3 year period

in which the applicant has had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, or

(ii) taken over or invested in an existing UK business and his services or investment have resulted in a net increase in income from business activity to that business of £5 million during a 3 year period in which the applicant has had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, when compared to the immediately preceding 3 year period,

or

(c) 5 years in all other cases.

Time spent with valid leave in the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey or the Isle of Man in a category equivalent to the categories set out above may be included in the continuous period of lawful residence, provided the most recent period of leave was as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant in the UK. In any such case, the applicant must have absences from the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey or the Isle of Man (as the case may be) of no more than 180 days in any 12 calendar months during the specified continuous period.

==================================
Please confirm :
income from business activity of at least £5 million during a 3 year period

is it like our profit after 3 yrs must be above 5miliion ? or total business turn over.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 pm

onewin wrote:(b) 3 years if the applicant has:

(i) established a new UK business that has had an income from business activity of at least £5 million during a 3 year period

in which the applicant has had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, or

(ii) taken over or invested in an existing UK business and his services or investment have resulted in a net increase in income from business activity to that business of £5 million during a 3 year period in which the applicant has had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, when compared to the immediately preceding 3 year period,

or

(c) 5 years in all other cases.

Time spent with valid leave in the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey or the Isle of Man in a category equivalent to the categories set out above may be included in the continuous period of lawful residence, provided the most recent period of leave was as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant in the UK. In any such case, the applicant must have absences from the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey or the Isle of Man (as the case may be) of no more than 180 days in any 12 calendar months during the specified continuous period.

==================================
Please confirm :
income from business activity of at least £5 million during a 3 year period

is it like our profit after 3 yrs must be above 5miliion ? or total business turn over.
Income is profit. And if you have a profit of £5 million, you shall be paying a huge amount in tax :P

Instead you could hire 10 employees for 12 months, and also apply for ILR after 3 years.

noumanomer
Newly Registered

Post by noumanomer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I have granted visa on my own company. Can I do invest any other running company and join as a director on that company and disclosed my previous company which i have granted visa.?

confused90

Post by confused90 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Could someone please send me the format of director's loan? Thanks

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 am

Another short question, just to be sure.
Looked through policy guidance, but didn't find straight answer to the following question:

Is it allowed to transfer investment funds to business in installments? Let say, one transfer a month 5000 each 10 installments in 10 months. Or probably not in equal amounts: one month 100 pounds, another 15000 pounds and so on?
One of the most important business and life rules is to give money/pay as late as possible, when you're 101% sure that you won't waste your money.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Dasistfact wrote:Another short question, just to be sure.
Looked through policy guidance, but didn't find straight answer to the following question:

Is it allowed to transfer investment funds to business in installments? Let say, one transfer a month 5000 each 10 installments in 10 months. Or probably not in equal amounts: one month 100 pounds, another 15000 pounds and so on?
One of the most important business and life rules is to give money/pay as late as possible, when you're 101% sure that you won't waste your money.
I believe that is possible, as there's nothing in the guidance which doesn't allow that. Also, when are you planning to withdraw funds back from the company?

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:43 pm

confused90 wrote:
I believe that is possible, as there's nothing in the guidance which doesn't allow that. Also, when are you planning to withdraw funds back from the company?
I also think that it's possible, just wanted to know forum's opinions.
Still haven't decided when to withdraw, I'm thinking of making 3-5 years period of loan. However we are to spend our investments by the time of extension.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Dasistfact wrote:
confused90 wrote:
I also think that it's possible, just wanted to know forum's opinions.
Still haven't decided when to withdraw, I'm thinking of making 3-5 years period of loan. However we are to spend our investments by the time of extension.
The issue I have is, I have invested part of my amount. By the grace of God, the business is doing well, and I spent the investment and made a profit. There's no use of my investment simply sitting in by business account as no businessman likes his money to be simply sitting without earning something. I wish to withdraw it and invest it elsewhere (in my home country to buy property) but I am not sure if we can withdraw the investment. Any view about this? Please share.

Thanks

Satinder25

Investing funds

Post by Satinder25 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:14 pm

All the gurus I need ur assistance as in what kind of investment is relevant to our business. I am running an event management company which provides all services like conferences, wedding planners etc. I got my visa based on that basis so was thinking any link you can suggest that will guide me. Any help appreciated.
Passion