ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 EXTENSION APPLICANTS PLEASE JOIN HERE

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

my_friend

TIER 1 EXTENSION APPLICANTS PLEASE JOIN HERE

Post by my_friend » Thu May 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello...i am not aware if there is any thread at present that discusses the extension applications only...of there is please do let me know otherwise will really appreciate if the applicants who have had their visas approved to join here and let the extension journey begins...

thanks

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Sun May 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi my_friend, thats a good idea indeed. Please note that there has already been upproductive debate on this issue and another post created about same topic with the title, "A thought provoking question". but no action has yet been taken by administrators. Whats your contact number/email?

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Tue May 07, 2013 11:49 am

Legal Advisor wrote:Hi my_friend, thats a good idea indeed. Please note that there has already been upproductive debate on this issue and another post created about same topic with the title, "A thought provoking question". but no action has yet been taken by administrators. Whats your contact number/email?
Thanks finally someone here...

i shall message u my email id in pvt message...try to bring extension people here so we can all communicate and clear things so that no problem arises with our extension application....

are u a 50K or a 200K candidate...

did you go through the extension application form...there it says to claim points we have to register within 6 months of entering...does it apply to the 50K one as well or its only for the 200K, as we already have started a business before entering...

will appreciate a reply...thanks

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Tue May 07, 2013 11:57 am

Hi my_friend,
Yes Good idea. As per my understanding, there is no need for us 50k route applicants to register again. Please see the discussion today in the post titled "Please advise. Thank you!!!" It is related to exactly the same query you have raised.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 am

Legal Advisor wrote:Hi my_friend,
Yes Good idea. As per my understanding, there is no need for us 50k route applicants to register again. Please see the discussion today in the post titled "Please advise. Thank you!!!" It is related to exactly the same query you have raised.
Thanks for a prompt reply...can you please share your dates as to when you would be applying for your extension...

I would be applying in March 2016...

hope we all ext applicants stay together till then and help each other go through the process...
Last edited by my_friend on Wed May 29, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed May 08, 2013 11:09 am

@my friend

your friend that was called for the interview with UKBA. has she had any response from them?

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 08, 2013 6:26 pm

babylondoner wrote:@my friend

your friend that was called for the interview with UKBA. has she had any response from them?
nope my friend is still waiting.....

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 pm

@my friend

Ok. Please don't forget to update the forum once there's any feedback.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Fri May 10, 2013 12:43 am

babylondoner wrote:@my friend

Ok. Please don't forget to update the forum once there's any feedback.
i will

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 pm

please can anyone tell me buying a commercial property counts towards investment or not...As i am in the process of buying a office unit and will use this place to run my business, therefore i would like to know if this would count towards investment.

And also i would be spending in painting, changing the interior, and other misc things to make the interior look better, so will this spending count towards investment or not...

Will appreciate your suggestions...thanks
Last edited by my_friend on Wed May 15, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 pm

my_friend wrote:please can anyone tell me buying a commercial property counts towards investment or not...As i am in the process of buying a office unit and will use this place to run my business, therefore i would like to know if this would count towards investment.

And also i would be spending in painting, changing the rubbish, and other misc things to make the rubbish look better, so will this spending count towards investment or not...

Will appreciate your suggestions...thanks
I believe it will be an investment, because it's an asset for the business.
It shall be held as a non-current asset in the financial statements

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 15, 2013 1:58 am

umm...i dont understand one thing...i have written changing the interior in my above post but y is the word rubbish coming instead of interior......................confused

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 am

i want to know how many days can i be absent from UK under the Tier 1 ent category...

i read it somewhere is should not exceed 180 days in any given year...i received my visa 3 months back and last month i visited my home country for 10 days....however i am planning to go to my home country again next month and would stay there for 2 months...so therefore this would be a total of 2 months and 10 days absence from uk in my first year...is this duration of leave acceptable...

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Wed May 15, 2013 10:35 am

Hi my_friend,
I've only visited the forum today after a week. Did you send me PM? I didn't get it. To your first question, yes I'll be applying for extension around the same time as you. Regarding the absence, it is very simple. No more than 180 days in any one calender year and please bear in mind that the calender year starts from the day your Tier 1 (E) Initial visa was granted so you should be fine.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:46 am

Could someone PM me details of a good and not to expensive accountant?

The one's I have spoken to are pretty expensive

And even I'll be applying for extension in the start of 2016

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 15, 2013 11:22 am

Legal Advisor wrote:Hi my_friend,
I've only visited the forum today after a week. Did you send me PM? I didn't get it. To your first question, yes I'll be applying for extension around the same time as you. Regarding the absence, it is very simple. No more than 180 days in any one calender year and please bear in mind that the calender year starts from the day your Tier 1 (E) Initial visa was granted so you should be fine.
thanks for a reply...i think i did send u a PM....
actually one of the consultants i asked about the absences he just confused me by saying that each year you could be out for not more than 180 days...so its like living here 6 months and the rest 6 months living out...which i couldnt register and it didnt make sense to me...

but now i understand that the absences should not be more than 180 days in any one year...thanks for making it clear...

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 15, 2013 11:24 am

confused90 wrote:Could someone PM me details of a good and not to expensive accountant?

ur whereabouts ?...i know one accountant in manchester...but i have to ask him if he is willing to take new clients...if he agrees then i shall PM u his details...

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 am

my_friend wrote:
confused90 wrote:Could someone PM me details of a good and not to expensive accountant?

ur whereabouts ?...i know one accountant in manchester...but i have to ask him if he is willing to take new clients...if he agrees then i shall PM u his details...
I am in Manchester as-well, Thank-You. Shall wait for your PM

confused90

Post by confused90 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:05 pm

any updates mate?

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Sun May 19, 2013 12:15 am

confused90 wrote:any updates mate?

sorry for a late reply...i did have a chat with the accountant...he is in the process of shifting his office....

if you can wait for a month he says...

he is a good accountant and not expensive........:-)...

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Sun May 19, 2013 2:07 am

[Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrants are permitted to be absent from the United Kingdom for up to 180 days in any 12 calendar months without jeopardising their application for indefinite leave
to remain.]

please can someone explain me the above sentence...does it mean that i can be out of UK for 6 months every year...or total number of absences should not exceed more than 6 months in total during my leave....

i still am not clear with the above sentence....

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 pm

something else i need to know...when i would be applying for ILR do i need to provide evidence of council tax that i have paid...

is it mandatory...coz currently i am living in the shared accommodation and the council tax is included in the rent....

does the council tax need to be in my name ....

sajjuz

Extension??

Post by sajjuz » Wed May 29, 2013 11:12 am

Can everyone list when they are due for extension on their visas?? My tier 1 under 200k expires in march 2015.

my_friend

Re: Extension??

Post by my_friend » Wed May 29, 2013 12:23 pm

sajjuz wrote:Can everyone list when they are due for extension on their visas?? My tier 1 under 200k expires in march 2015.

my expires in march 2016 under 50k

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm

My extension is due in March 2016 too. Hi my_friend, I think I clarified you the absence policy before. Its simple. PM me your number and I'll call you if you want.

Thank you