ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Refusal + Next Steps

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fmonte
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - Refusal + Next Steps

Post by fmonte » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Dear Zimba88 and forum members

I applied for my £200.000 visa extension on November 07 2016. All Evidence was supplied. Biometrics taken. Original visa expired 02/Dec 2016. No answer from home office yet.

Today I am reading immigration rules for the first time, and the investment will not apply if I buy shares from someone else, which was the case. A COMPLETE MISUNDERSTANDING ON MY PART.

I am devastated since It's my fault to wrongly interpret the guidance document.

Assuming I get a refusal letter soon, and that I invest tomorrow £200.000 in my company (the same one I acquired three years ago):

1. Is there any hope for me to make a case if I prove to be willing to repair this situation and invest directly now ?
2. If so, what would be the procedure ? A new application with a cover letter explaining what happened ?

PLEASE ADVICE, MANY THANKS

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extension - Refusal + Next Steps

Post by Jazz2007 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:49 pm

"the investment will not apply if I buy shares from someone else, which was the case"

Can you elaborate this please?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 pm

It is absurd that you are reading the rules/guide after all this time ! I have to tell the applicants here (almost on daily basis :? ) to read the guide as some of them are on a path of having a very very expensive holiday in the UK. The fact that any money paid to previous owners will not count as investment has been in the guide since late 2014 (if I am not mistaken)

Technically your initial period is over and based on the rules, the investment must happen during your initial period of leave to score points.
Obviously if you paid money to acquire shares or buy the business from the previous owner, your investment will not be counted for award of points as you know. You are very likely to get a refusal. I am not very confident that such a mistake can be undone
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fmonte
Newly Registered

Post by fmonte » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:29 pm

zimba88 wrote:It is absurd that you are reading the rules/guide after all this time ! I have to tell the applicants here (almost on daily basis :? ) to read the guide as some of them are on a path of having a very very expensive holiday in the UK. The fact that any money paid to previous owners will not count as investment has been in the guide since late 2014 (if I am not mistaken)"
Thanks Zimba88 for your prompt reply.

I applied in July 2013 and got my entry clearance on August 05 2013.

Does this makes things different? (Guidance did not specify this condition)

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fmonte
Newly Registered

Post by fmonte » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Many Thanks CR001!

The first rule where HO specifies the "payment to owner" exception is the one from 07/04/2014
(Paragraph 245D)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 5-may-2014

Previous version did not specify exception
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... april-2014

So, I still wonder is this is such exception did not apply before 06/04/2014. As I said, I invested several month before this date.

Many thanks in advance for any insight.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:36 am

During extension, you will be subjected to the latest rules (unless stated otherwise) Stuff in the old guides and rules are not that important.
Purchasing a business or shares will not lead to any investment of your funds in your business at all. Technically you did not invest anything in your business and you cannot score points for it as the fund simply went to the previous owners. Rules were updated in 2014 to verbalise this obvious fact.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice