ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extensions Job Hours help needed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bookuser1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extensions Job Hours help needed

Post by bookuser1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:58 pm

Dear zimba88,
This is my first post in the Board so please forgive me if I could not understand from the discussion here or the links you had provided.
I have one employee since April 2014 as a part time work arround 60-69 hours a month
second employee since Nov 2015 working as 5 month he worked for 128 hrs a month then one month 120 hrs and since last 9 months 125 hours a month
Am I OK here or there is a shortfall

seasky
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 Extensions Job Hours help needed

Post by seasky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:29 am

I assume you are transitional.

Using the min hours of your case

24X60=1440
17X120=2040

it is more than 3120 which I think is the threshold (52weeksX2X30)

bookuser1
Newly Registered

Post by bookuser1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 pm

zimba88,

please sir can you reply on this, its not 24x60 it 16x69 , 7 x 59, 10 x 61, and second employee is 5 x 128, 9 x 125.

please reply

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:25 pm

bookuser1 wrote:Dear zimba88,
This is my first post in the Board so please forgive me if I could not understand from the discussion here or the links you had provided.
I have one employee since April 2014 as a part time work arround 60-69 hours a month
second employee since Nov 2015 working as 5 month he worked for 128 hrs a month then one month 120 hrs and since last 9 months 125 hours a month

If you are Pre April 2014 then it should be fine . you have 15 month full time as long as there was min 120 hrs per month . then you got part time for 34 months which can be equal to 17 full time month . 32 full time is more than enough to claim the points as long as you have all the FPS payslips and proof of settled workers .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

bookuser1
Newly Registered

Post by bookuser1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 pm

kapoorinusa wrote:
bookuser1 wrote:Dear zimba88,

If you are Pre April 2014 then it should be fine . you have 15 month full time as long as there was min 120 hrs per month . then you got part time for 34 months which can be equal to 17 full time month . 32 full time is more than enough to claim the points as long as you have all the FPS payslips and proof of settled workers .
The problems seems, I ws reading Zimba88's posts regarding that, where he was mentioning to be a full time you need to have 130 hours each month. As month is just not 4 weeks its 4.33 weeks, What shall i write on the form for this emloyee as full time or Part time?

bookuser1
Newly Registered

Post by bookuser1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 pm

I am pre April 2014, and asking about an employee with 128 and 125 hours each month.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Well there is no guide on hour calculation so I cannot give you a definite answer. :!:
To be safe you must assume you have 104 weeks of full time employment, each week being 30 hours min.
I showed how to do this for part time jobs and shared it many many many times on the forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1437307
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bookuser1
Newly Registered

Post by bookuser1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 am

zimba88 wrote:Well there is no guide on hour calculation so I cannot give you a definite answer. :!:
To be safe you must assume you have 104 weeks of full time employment, each week being 30 hours min.
I showed how to do this for part time jobs and shared it many many many times on the forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1437307
Zimba88, Thanks for the reply, I am relieved today as i was filling the form and form clearly says that an employee who worked 120 a month is full time. Many Thanks.

One more question... I am filling the form on page 41 K4 what is the answer to be selected. I was in UK at that time and all the cash was in my personal account, I sent the personal account statement at that time.
which option i need to select there? I am pre april 2014 DL invested
K4 Were any of these investment funds shown as part of your successful application for
your last grant of leave?
Yes all of the funds were shown in the previous application. Go to part L
Yes some of the funds were shown in the previous application. Go to K5
No none of the funds were shown in the previous application. Go to K6

bookuser1
Newly Registered

Post by bookuser1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:12 am

zimba88 wrote:Well there is no guide on hour calculation so I cannot give you a definite answer. :!:
Table 3b2 - Table of evidence for employment created (please photocopy if you have mulitple
jobs)
Please provide the details of all employees who filled these jobs for the required 12 month period.
The jobs must exist for at least 12 months. Within the same job, another worker can replace a
worker who is employed for part of a year and then leaves the job, so that the employment as a
whole adds up to 12 months. The hours of workers in 2 part-time jobs can be combined to add
up to 30 hours a week or more and form the equivalent of one full-time job, as long as the 2
part-time jobs exist for 12 months. We consider full-time to be 30 hours per week / 120 hours per
month.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Zimba88, Thanks for the reply, I am relieved today as i was filling the form and form clearly says that an employee who worked 120 a month is full time. Many Thanks.
I know that, however given that a month is not four weeks, that statements becomes contradictory. That means HO even accepts people who worked less than 30 hours a week full time which is not what the rules require. The guide writers probably made the same mistake as everyone else, BUT a month is NOT four weeks. If your employee worked min of 30 hours a week, it becomes IRRELEVANT if you considers their hours monthly or weekly.
That is why I strongly suggested many many many times on the forums to ignore months and use weekly calculations.
One more question... I am filling the form on page 41 K4 what is the answer to be selected. I was in UK at that time and all the cash was in my personal account, I sent the personal account statement at that time.....
It must be the last one as you are providing the investment with your extension.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice