ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Team?) Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Oasitic
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Team?) Visa

Post by Oasitic » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 am

Hi All,

Thank you for your very helpful comments in this forum.

I am a Tier 2 Spouse dependent living and working in London as a FTE (permanent) employee.
Following his company’s reorganisation, my husband will be leaving the company at the end of June. Our plan is for him to become a self-employed consultant in his industry and I continue working initially before joining the business.

We anticipate the business will involve him travelling abroad a lot, and are thinking of a few options regarding our application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (Most documents and funds are in place), while ensuring 'independence' from Company sponsorship.

Please help to clarify if:
• Can we both apply as a married couple as an Entrepreneur Team for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
• Can I as a Tier 2 Spouse dependent apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?

If yes to either option or both, can I still remain employed by my current employer?

Many thanks in advance!

Oasitic
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Team?) V

Post by Oasitic » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi All,

Please help if you have any ideas regarding my questions below:

• Can my husband and I apply as a married couple as an Entrepreneur Team for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?
• Can I as a Tier 2 Spouse dependent apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?

Many thanks in advance!