ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to Tier 1 Enterpreneur (with PSW in past)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shaky
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General to Tier 1 Enterpreneur (with PSW in past)

Post by Shaky » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 am

Hello,

Currently, I am on Tier 2 General visa - I switch from Tier 1 PSW visa to Tier 2 General visa in June - 2011. I will be eligible for ILR in June-2016 but the company got sold and there is might be a redundancy.

I started exploring options and think might be Tier 1 entrepreneur can be a good option. I did read through documents but got confusion on findings: If I want to put down my money it need to be £200K but if I have PSW then I only need £50K.

The question does I need to switch from PSW to qualify for £50K my money or if I have been granted PSW in past (was granted in Jan-2010 and switch to Tier 2 in June-2011) I can qualify £50K my money.

Thanks in Advance.

geriatrix

Re: Tier 2 General to Tier 1 Enterpreneur (with PSW in past)

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:48 am

50K only if you "have or were last granted a visa or leave to enter the UK" as a Tier 1 (Post-study worker).
You "have and were last granted" Tier 2 leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shaky
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General to Tier 1 Enterpreneur (with PSW in past)

Post by Shaky » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks for quick reply.