ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 entrepreneur visa extension has been refused- Help plz

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

grenland7862

Tier1 entrepreneur visa extension has been refused- Help plz

Post by grenland7862 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Dear members'

I applied tier 1 entrepreneur visa extension (50k) recently and I believe I completed all requirements for two full time posts and investments ( 66k from personal bank into business bank and rest of them capital cash directly invested total investment 88k).

I am self employed and my accounts has been prepared by a charted accountant.

In the accounts ( 4 years accounts )it is clearly stated ABC trading as XYZ Services and my accountants provide ledger that demonstrate the total capital introduced by myself into the business , further he also confirmed on the letter that I invested 88 k into the business.

Unfortunately home office refused my visa with excuse that my name doesn't appear on the accounts and also they said that it wasn't mentioned that capital was injected into the business by myself . My accountant clearly mentioned my name on the accounts and on capital ledger account.
I have been awarded all other points ( I created 5 full time posts)

I have left 12 days in admin review but home office haven't sent yet my supporting documents ( accounts ,bank statements,business invoices and expenses receipts)

I will be able to prepare good response with solicitor when I received all documents.
One of my friend told me that home office will not return supporting documents.i just have refusal letter.
Can anyone help me please and clarify that should I need to prepare case with out supporting documents, Will home not return documents until the review our response?

Any help will be really appreciated, I have 3 kids and I have spent all of my savings to set up my business.
Kind regards
Shazdar

s_r_san

Re: Tier1 entrepreneur visa extension has been refused- Help

Post by s_r_san » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi

I am also in the same situation
All other points are granted other than 1st point

Only reason, my name was not mentioned as shareholder in accounts

Since shareholder is not mentioned in accounts as per current accounting practice or requirements for SME
my accountant did not mention my name in accounts as shareholder, but did as director

In your case, in sole trader's accounts, the capital mentioned in accounts belongs to the sole trader
That is the logic as per accountants

anyway you have the option to apply for AR based on the documents you submitted
they will not give the documents until your visa is granted
Or you may collect the documents in border when you leave UK

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Dear san
Thanks for your response, I have back up of bank statements and accountant letter. I will prepare case on the bases of above dof above documents.
Thanks
s_r_san wrote:Hi

I am also in the same situation
All other points are granted other than 1st point

Only reason, my name was not mentioned as shareholder in accounts

Since shareholder is not mentioned in accounts as per current accounting practice or requirements for SME
my accountant did not mention my name in accounts as shareholder, but did as director

In your case, in sole trader's accounts, the capital mentioned in accounts belongs to the sole trader
That is the logic as per accountants

anyway you have the option to apply for AR based on the documents you submitted
they will not give the documents until your visa is granted
Or you may collect the documents in border when you leave UK

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:55 pm

hello shazdar if you fulfill the following requirements under appendix A then you can win you AR.

what is your timeline please sorry for refusal

(4) If the applicant has invested by way of share capital the business accounts must show the shareholders, the amount and value of the shares (on the date of purchase) in the applicant’s name as it appears on his application. If the value of the applicant’s share capital is not shown in the accounts, then a copy of the company’s register of members must be provided,
(5) The accounts must clearly show the name of the accountant, the date the accounts were produced, and how much the applicant has invested in the business. The accounts must be prepared and signed off by the accountant in accordance with statutory requirements,
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 am

shazdar wrote:Unfortunately home office refused my visa with excuse that my name doesn't appear on the accounts and also they said that it wasn't mentioned that capital was injected into the business by myself . My accountant clearly mentioned my name on the accounts and on capital ledger account.
s_r_san wrote: Since shareholder is not mentioned in accounts as per current accounting practice or requirements for SME
You both failed to read the guide and the rules and submit exactly what they need. I have said it many many times here that what is acceptable in the world of business as invested will NOT be necessarily enough for HO. Your name MUST appear opposite of the invested amount in the accounts, usually in your accounts notes.

You need to follow the immigration rules meticulously and provide the exact evidence required. You should be able to apply for a new application with correct documents with the required information
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier1 entrepreneur visa extension employment query- Help

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:13 am

samrattheking wrote:Hi I have entrepreneur visa (50K after PSW) since 2013. My visa will be ending soon. I have query about employment which I created for my company.

My company Total employment up to till date is below mention as from last 16 months:
One full time employment since last 12 months holding british citizenship and still continue
+ One full time employment for 02 months holding British citizenship but left the job after 02 months
+ One full time employment since last 6months holding Eu citizenship and still continue
+ One part time employment for 12 months holding ILR but left the job
+ One part time employment for 12 months but Eu citizenship dependent and left the job.

I got my visa since 2013 so can any one please guide me which employment is count for claiming employment points and which employment is not able to count for claiming points for visa?

Can anyone please guide me as I have two more months left so how much more employment do i need for claim points?
Continue in your own thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 15327.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:39 am

Are there possibilities for fresh application? more than 28 days from the expiry of the previous visa and HO keeps the documents
Yes, but it is 28 days from when your section 3C ends. That is if you apply for AR and get rejected or if you choose to not apply for AR within 14 days. Your documents should be returned to you after the AR refusal or after 14 days if you do not apply for AR.

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:49 pm

Dear All,

I had a meeting with my accountant this morning, he assured me Sol Proprietor accounts has been prepared according to a UK acceptable framework and home office must accept it.
Every page of financial statements state My name XYAZ trading as ABC Services. IN sole trader accounts, there is only one owner so all figures including Capital introduced (investment ) ment ) belong to the owner of the business. This isn't parnership or limited company so there is no way that any 3rd party invested in the business except the owner sole trader.

My full name was clearly appeared on all pages of financial statements so Home office excuse that investment doesn't show my full name is just a useless base to refuse my visa.
I am quite sure Home office will issue my visa on AR if not then definitely I will win the case in court.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:35 am

shazdar wrote:Dear All,

I had a meeting with my accountant this morning, he assured me Sol Proprietor accounts has been prepared according to a UK acceptable framework and home office must accept it.
Every page of financial statements state My name XYAZ trading as ABC Services. IN sole trader accounts, there is only one owner so all figures including Capital introduced (investment ) ment ) belong to the owner of the business. This isn't parnership or limited company so there is no way that any 3rd party invested in the business except the owner sole trader.

My full name was clearly appeared on all pages of financial statements so Home office excuse that investment doesn't show my full name is just a useless base to refuse my visa.
I am quite sure Home office will issue my visa on AR if not then definitely I will win the case in court.

Good luck.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Other people's questions moved out to separate threads to confusion & jumbled responses here.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

RJS123
Newly Registered

Post by RJS123 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:01 am

shazdar wrote:Dear All,

Dear Shazdar,

Any luck with your application?

We wish you good luck!

Regards

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:12 pm

Dear Zimba,

I really appreciate your quick response on all of my previous posts, i am writing further information for my case here that may help someone or someone may assist me .

I am sole proprietor and invested around 88k but case worker misunderstood the nature of business and treat it company accounts. They refused my extension application as HO objects my NAME doesn't appear opposite to the investment or investment doesn't show my name.
Since my name was appeared on all pages of accounts ( provided 4 years accounts) and business status is sole trader, neither a limed company nar a partnership so obviously no other organisation or person have interest in the business except the owner ( sole trader) so all figures including CAPITAL INTRODUCED were relate to the owner of the business that were further verified by the personal and business bank statements as money were transferred as Capital Introduced.

In sole trader accounts , money came from third party will come under CREDITORS as there is no option for investment in sole trader accounts except the owner of the business.

Most important point, HO accepted 5k investment at the time of initial application but the accounts format were same as my name didn't appear in front of capital introduced as my full name was mentioned on all pages of financial statements.

There is contradiction on home office decision as one document they are accepting as investment but other document in same formate rejected.

I am the sole owner of the business and that any investments in the business MUST therefore come from me not third party.

My case was very strong and i was 100% confident while applying AR that HO may overturn their decision but unfortunately (my bad luck) my solicitor messed with my case and didn't raise most important points at AR.I hired a solicitor from Manchester (xxxxx Solicitors) and explained him everything. My accountant (accountant is my cousin) specifically told him that what points need to be raised in AR application. Accountant also provided supporting letter that need to be sent with the AR application. Unfortunately Solicitor didn't raise any points ,he also didn't bother to forward accountant letter to clarify above points.

I received second refusal from the home office with solicitors presentation, i was shocked after reviewing solicitor's presentations that was totally irrelevant to the objection made by the HO.I can even prepare a better case as compare to solicitor's letter. He took one £1000 fee and just sent two paragraph's letter to HO.

I believe xxxxxxx Solicitors deliberately messed with my case in order to squeeze more money in JR or in court.
I straight away changed my solicitor and hired another well known solicitor from Liverpool.I feel confident with new Solicitor and he assured me that my case is very strong as case worker misunderstood the nature of business .

I spent around £5000 and case has been lodged in court.

I will update in future if i have any further information regarding my case.

Best of luck

zimba88 wrote:
shazdar wrote:Unfortunately home office refused my visa with excuse that my name doesn't appear on the accounts and also they said that it wasn't mentioned that capital was injected into the business by myself . My accountant clearly mentioned my name on the accounts and on capital ledger account.
s_r_san wrote: Since shareholder is not mentioned in accounts as per current accounting practice or requirements for SME
You both failed to read the guide and the rules and submit exactly what they need. I have said it many many times here that what is acceptable in the world of business as invested will NOT be necessarily enough for HO. Your name MUST appear opposite of the invested amount in the accounts, usually in your accounts notes.

You need to follow the immigration rules meticulously and provide the exact evidence required. You should be able to apply for a new application with correct documents with the required information
Last edited by noajthan on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Names removed

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:52 am

Dear Members specially Zimba

Any help will be really appreciated, here is the link of my previous thread

My first Solicitor Messed Up My AR Case, please be careful for hiring any solicitors and don't forget to review their presentation for sending to the home office.

I really appreciate Zimba's and other member's quick response on all of my previous posts, i am writing further information for my case here that may help someone or someone may assist me.

I am sole proprietor and invested around 88k(5k at the time of initial application and rest of them up to the extension date) but case worker misunderstood the nature of business and treat it company accounts. They refused my extension application as HO objects my NAME doesn't appear opposite to the investment or investment doesn't show my name.

My accountant confirmed that 88K was invested by myself and provided breakdown of each transactions along the reference letter.

HO actually accepted that there are 88k funds has been invested but not sure who have invested.

Since my name was appeared on all pages of Financial Statements as ABC trading as XYZ Services ( provided 4 years accounts) and business status is sole trader, neither a limed company nar a partnership so obviously no other organisation or person have interest in the business except the owner ( sole trader) so all figures including CAPITAL INTRODUCED were relate to the owner of the business that were further verified by the personal and business bank statements as money were transferred as Capital Introduced.

In sole trader accounts , money came from third party will come under CREDITORS as there is no option for investment in sole trader accounts except the owner of the business.

Most important point, HO accepted 5k investment at the time of initial application but the accounts format were same as my name didn't appear in front of capital introduced as my full name was mentioned on all pages of financial statements.

There is contradiction on home office decision as one document they are accepting as investment but other document in same formate rejected.

I am the sole owner of the business and that any investments in the business MUST therefore come from me not third party.

My case was very strong and i was 100% confident while applying AR that HO may overturn their decision but unfortunately (my bad luck) my solicitor messed up my case and didn't raise most important points at AR.. My accountant (accountant is my cousin) specifically told him that what points need to be raised in AR application. Accountant also provided supporting letter that need to be sent with the AR application. Unfortunately Solicitor didn't raise any points ,he also didn't bother to forward accountant letter to clarify above points.

I received second refusal from the home office with solicitors presentation, i was shocked after reviewing solicitor's presentations that was totally irrelevant to the objection made by the HO.I can even prepare a better case as compare to solicitor's letter. He took one £1000 fee and just sent two paragraph's letter to HO.

I believe Solicitors deliberately messed with my case in order to squeeze more money in JR or in court.
I straight away changed my solicitor and hired another well known solicitor from Liverpool.I feel confident with new Solicitor and he assured me that my case is very strong as case worker misunderstood the nature of business .

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:04 pm

You are fully responsible for your own application. Leaving it to solicitors is just dumb. The accountant's letter has NO value. Your accounts must show all the information as per rules. JR is not a guaranteed way of getting a visa

s_r_san

Post by s_r_san » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi

Please ask your new solicitor to prepare a good pre action letter

In the process of preparing the letter, get ideas and advices from Accountant also

In that case, HO may reconsider the application and issue the visa

This is my experience (I was in the same situation and HO answered for pre-action letter and issued the visa)

In JR also, when you win the case, JR judge can ask HO only to reconsider the visa processing, in this stage he cannot order HO to issue visa. You may have to go to upper tribunal. Then only Judge can order HO to issue VISA. (please confirm with your solicitors).

Important is more input by Accountant in Pre Action letter

Best of luck

BClassBritish

Post by BClassBritish » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Sorry for barging into your thread but reading this I would like to say from personal experience that finding a reasonable solicitor is harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

I am not sure if they even exist :P

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:27 pm

shazdar wrote:Dear Members specially Zimba

My first Solicitor Messed Up My AR Case, please be careful for hiring any solicitors and don't forget to review their presentation for sending to the home office.

I really appreciate Zimba's and other member's quick response on all of my previous posts, i am writing further information for my case here that may help someone or someone may assist me.

I am sole proprietor and invested around 88k(5k at the time of initial application and rest of them up to the extension date) but case worker misunderstood the nature of business and treat it company accounts. They refused my extension application as HO objects my NAME doesn't appear opposite to the investment or investment doesn't show my name.

My accountant confirmed that 88K was invested by myself and provided breakdown of each transactions along the reference letter.

HO actually accepted that there are 88k funds has been invested but not sure who have invested.

Since my name was appeared on all pages of Financial Statements as ABC trading as XYZ Services ( provided 4 years accounts) and business status is sole trader, neither a limed company nar a partnership so obviously no other organisation or person have interest in the business except the owner ( sole trader) so all figures including CAPITAL INTRODUCED were relate to the owner of the business that were further verified by the personal and business bank statements as money were transferred as Capital Introduced.

My case was very strong and i was 100% confident while applying AR that HO may overturn their decision but unfortunately (my bad luck) my solicitor messed up my case and didn't raise most important points at AR.. My accountant (accountant is my cousin) specifically told him that what points need to be raised in AR application. Accountant also provided supporting letter that need to be sent with the AR application. Unfortunately Solicitor didn't raise any points ,he also didn't bother to forward accountant letter to clarify above points.

I believe Solicitors deliberately messed with my case in order to squeeze more money in JR or in court.

Why spending on JR. During that time you cannot work or do anything and if you fail, that will be the end of things.

Why did you not make a new application, and address the issue the lawyer failed to address, at this stage, i thing you are wrong to go for JR.

Unlike in Scotland, in English Court, JR is discretionary, and therefore the judge may refuse to grant relief for other reasons, even if you make a case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestions and advise.

I just mentioned here my experience with previous solicitor in order to clarify that we must request the presentations from the solicitor before they file it.

I believe you know your case better than your solicitor and its you who can guide the solicitor.

I requested presentation from my new solicitor before they file it in court and found lot of mistakes such as they mentioned wrong dates, misspell my name ,investment amount was wrong,misspell accountant name,year end accounting dates were wrong and lot of other mistakes.I also suggested new points and my solicitor was very happy to respecify the errors and add other points.

My solicitor also advise me that i don't need to file fresh application as my case is very strong.

I am also completing 10 years in UK after 11 months.

Anyway , i post me experience here with hope this may help someone.

Best of luck for all members who are in same category.

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Dear Obie,

Thanks for your suggestion.

My new solicitor advised me that i don't need to prepare fresh application as my case is very strong.Case worker misunderstood the nature of business and treat it limited company but i am Sole Proprietor.

Home office already have awarded points in all other categories such as employment, business activity and G E Test , only the objection they had that my name didn't appear with capital introduced figure.

Obie wrote:
shazdar wrote:Dear Members specially Zimba

Why spending on JR. During that time you cannot work or do anything and if you fail, that will be the end of things.

Why did you not make a new application, and address the issue the lawyer failed to address, at this stage, i thing you are wrong to go for JR.

Unlike in Scotland, in English Court, JR is discretionary, and therefore the judge may refuse to grant relief for other reasons, even if you make a case.

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Dear Members,

I am pleased to announce that Home Office has withdrawn their decision under challenge( lodged by myself ) and will provide new decision with in 3 months time.HO accepted that they reached an incorrect decision where they their argued that investment doesn't show my name.They also agrees to pay reasonable costs.
HO withdrawn before the case officially go ahead for hearing.

Since i was awarded points on all other categorises including employment so I hope to get a positive response but i am still confused HO may reject again on other grounds ( i believe there are no other grounds to refuse).

I spent around £5500 cost, not sure how much will be refunded.

Any advise will be really appreciated.

Best regards,

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:09 pm

grenland7862 wrote:Dear Members,

I am pleased to announce that Home Office has withdrawn their decision under challenge( lodged by myself ) and will provide new decision with in 3 months time.HO accepted that they reached an incorrect decision where they their argued that investment doesn't show my name.They also agrees to pay reasonable costs.

Since i was awarded points on all other categorises including employment so I hope to get a positive response but i am still confused HO may reject again on other grounds ( i believe there are no other grounds to refuse).

Best regards,
Congratulations at least for pushing them back which they deserve .

Can i ask you , How did you proceed after rejection like:

Did you go for AR and then PAP and that's where they are going to overturn the decision.

am i right ?

Thx

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Congratulations, things moving to right direction.
grenland7862 wrote:Dear Members,

Best regards,

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Congratulations and best of luck

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Thanks mate

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:22 am

Dear All,

Thanks for your support and help.
Please review my previous posts in order to know the steps taken previously at each stage; finally after long fight HO accepted that they were wrong.

This is now more than 13 months since i applied extension but HO yet to make final decision.
I am working very hard since the start of my business and have invested all of my savings & funds in past few years in order to set up and expand two businesses. (I claimed investment from one business only).
I had around 250 clients up to the extension date and my both businesses were going very well.
We had some sad incidents after sending visa application (Wife’s younger brother passed away in car accident and my father had heart attack then two severe strokes).We wanted to visit our country ASAP but HO refused our visa and kept sending notices to leave the country.

I have two running business, two properties on mortgage and 3 children (born in UK, elder son is disable) attending school and I have been in UK for past 9 years.i have been very difficult time since refusal and getting notices to leave the country .Technically I was not allowed to work in UK until court make final decision. My health deteriorated due to above incidents resulted in anxiety, type two diabetes and sleep apnoea.

Since i have legal requirement under my professional body to have arrangements with someone who hold same qualification/membership to look after practice (client’s affairs) in case of death or uncertain circumstances.

Due to uncertain situation about my future and bad health, i decided to handover major clients to my cousin who offer same services and in return he agreed to provide fix monthly subcontracting in order to cover loss of earnings (resulted 50% reduction in clients). I kept small/medium size and local clients, 3 employees still working in my practice.

I decided to close down other business.

Now Home office accepted they were wrong but i already suffered a lot due to their negligence.
My solicitor aware about this but he advised that i can’t lodge case on loss of earnings or loss of business.

Can anyone advise on this issue please?

Since i maintain my turnover but i am confused HO may reject on next extension due to reduction of clients. I believe this happened due to HO’s wrong decision.

Any advice will be really appreciated.