ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TOEIC NEWS

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahbazali
- thin ice -

TOEIC NEWS

Post by shahbazali » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Please upload news about the outcome of those who submitted toeic/Toefl with their application or are caught by UKBA.

Gurus Also please give their opinion how to get rid of this thread.

is it a good point for the govt to win Elections and a grand operation is going to happen???????

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Re: TOEIC NEWS

Post by zicoliu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:51 pm

I'm still waiting for my wife's spouse visa, it was put on hold because of TOEIC.

ebass
Newly Registered

Post by ebass » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:08 pm

zicoliu wrote:I'm still waiting for my wife's spouse visa, it was put on hold because of TOEIC.
Hey zicoliu I'm in a similar position, have you received a result?

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Yes this is our timeline

20/5/14 - Application posted Special Delivery - FLR(M)
21/5/14 - Application received by Home Office Durham
28/5/14 - Payment of £601 taken through cheque
28/5/14 - Acknowledgement letter received dated 22/5/14
6/6/14 - Biometric invitation letter received dated 3/6/14
9/6/14- Biometric fingerprints given
20/6/14 - letter about TOEIC not being accepted dated 13/6/14
16/8/14 - Approval letter received dated 15/6/14
19/8/14 - Biometric Resident Card received

Hope you get it soon

ebass
Newly Registered

Post by ebass » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Thanks for info zicoliu.

When you were told TOEIC wasn't accepted did your partner have to re-sit on another exam board or...?

Cheers.

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:18 pm

She did do the Cambridge English PET. But they granted the vias before we got her results.

Swkhan123
Newly Registered

Post by Swkhan123 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi zicolui,

I was wondering if you could give me a little further insight into your situation. My husband has been denied his spouse visa due to TOEIC - however he had sat IELTS this year and passed when we sent all of the relevant documentation.

Did you appeal the refusal? Or re-apply? Also having looked at your time line your visa situation was thankfully sorted quite quickly.

We have been waiting 2 months just to receive the refusal letter due to TOEIC.

I am extremely worried about it all.

Any advice would be appreciated

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Swkhan123 wrote:Hi zicolui,

I was wondering if you could give me a little further insight into your situation. My husband has been denied his spouse visa due to TOEIC - however he had sat IELTS this year and passed when we sent all of the relevant documentation.

Did you appeal the refusal? Or re-apply? Also having looked at your time line your visa situation was thankfully sorted quite quickly.

We have been waiting 2 months just to receive the refusal letter due to TOEIC.

I am extremely worried about it all.

Any advice would be appreciated

hi Swkhan123

you can look at the thread called 'Victim of ETS' under Tier 4 link in the forum hopefully get your answer there. HO has made changes to the rules of spouse visa.
Obie wrote:Some hope for some ETS victims with British or Settled Spouse or unmarried partner
[b]32B. Where the decision-maker has:[/b] wrote:
(a) reasonable cause to doubt that an English language test in speaking and listening at a
minimum of level A1 of the Common Framework of Reference for Languages relied on at any
time to meet a requirement for limited leave to enter or remain in Part 8 or Appendix FM was
genuinely obtained; or
(b) information that the test certificate or result awarded to the applicant has been withdrawn by
the test provider for any reason,the decision-maker may discount the document and the applicant must provide a new test
certificate or result from an approved provider which shows that they meet the requirement, if
they are not exempt from it.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Spouses of Settled persons are likely to succeed a lot more than others.

It is a new rules. worth waiting to see how things go.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Swkhan123
Newly Registered

Post by Swkhan123 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Many thanks for the information

Swkhan123
Newly Registered

Post by Swkhan123 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi Obie,

Would you advise that my husband sits another english exam? Even though he had sat IELTS before we applied for his spouse visa?

Many thanks

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:32 pm

My T1E visa was cancelled due to TOEIC. Appeal accepted, hearing date is 24th June. Already received info bundle from HO, but it appears HO only have the application form I submitted, HO don't even have copies of my "questionable" TOEIC certificate. My T1e extension date is 25 July 2015, all the documents has been fully prepared and ready to go. No matter what result will be, The court decision will undoubtedly after the extension date.

I have been stopped at Heathrow Airport around June 2014when I back from a business trip. The officer went through all the details with me and finally let me go. I have been told that bring my language certificate with me when I travel, but no further explanation.

October/2014. I went to Amsterdam for a conference. Due to the previous experience, the language certificate was with me when I meet border force officer in London City Airpot. Surprisingly, no one even mention it, the office just let me in without any question.

December/2014. I was stopped by Luton Border Force due TOEIC. After several interviews and hundreds of questions, they let me go with a decision letter from HO, which is the cancellation of my T1E visa and a 14 days temporary admission.