ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transition from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dmas100
Newly Registered

Transition from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Post by dmas100 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:18 am

Hi

I am currently holding a Tier 2 General Visa going on my first year so far. I have a few questions regarding transferring from Tier 2 to Tier 1 and would appreciate if anyone who's either gone down the same route as I am or know about this would be able to advise me on the following:

1) If I have been in a Tier 2 General Visa for 2 years (assume two years ends August 2015), would I be eligible to be a settled person if I transfer to Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa and start up my own business after 3 more years in that Visa category (assume August 2018) or should I need to wait 5 years in one Visa category to be a settled person?

2) Would this scenario change if I was a Graduate Entrepreneur in 2014, Tier 2 General Visa in 2015 and get a 3 year Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa ending in 2018. Would I be able to settle in 2018 or need to wait 5 years from the time I receive the Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa?

3) If I decide to continue with my current Visa (Tier 2 General) considering that my employer will reknew my visa at the end of the third year should me earnings be £35,000 at the end of the fifth year only or should I need to show it continuously for all 5 years? As my current salary is around £25K it would take me a few years to progress to that £35K mark.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

svasu

Re: Transition from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Post by svasu » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi

I am currently holding a Tier 2 General Visa going on my first year so far. I have a few questions regarding transferring from Tier 2 to Tier 1 and would appreciate if anyone who's either gone down the same route as I am or know about this would be able to advise me on the following:

1) If I have been in a Tier 2 General Visa for 2 years (assume two years ends August 2015), would I be eligible to be a settled person if I transfer to Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa and start up my own business after 3 more years in that Visa category (assume August 2018) or should I need to wait 5 years in one Visa category to be a settled person?

***** According to the current rules if you switch from Tier 2 to Tier 1 (E) the time spent in Tier 2 will not be taken into account which means that ILR clock is reset but the reverse scenario is allowed. You can still apply for ILR under Tier 1 (E) through an accelerated route.******

2) Would this scenario change if I was a Graduate Entrepreneur in 2014, Tier 2 General Visa in 2015 and get a 3 year Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa ending in 2018. Would I be able to settle in 2018 or need to wait 5 years from the time I receive the Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa?

***** good question, not completely sure of this but i guess the same condition as described above applies****

3) If I decide to continue with my current Visa (Tier 2 General) considering that my employer will reknew my visa at the end of the third year should me earnings be £35,000 at the end of the fifth year only or should I need to show it continuously for all 5 years? As my current salary is around £25K it would take me a few years to progress to that £35K mark.

*****£35k mark would be required for the 5th year only... however its worth checking that if your current job is not on the short skills list, would it be necessary to earn an experienced level salary as per your relevant SOC code*****

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

dinotier1e
Newly Registered

Re: Transition from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Post by dinotier1e » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:39 am

Hi Svasu,

If you switch to T1E your time will be reset and you'll lose your 2 years spent on T2G.

Whether to switch to T1E or not depends on your needs. if you really want to start a business then you will need T1E but if you are interested in getting ILR then stay put in T2G for 3 more years (iam sure you'll make more than 35K as per the visa requirements soon)

Cheers,
Dino