ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Type of business that is allowed?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MSKF

Type of business that is allowed?

Post by MSKF » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:31 am

Hello,

I have previously asked about this in another thread but despite the thread getting a good amount of responses, not a single person addressed this question. Can someone link me to any documents where they lists the type of business I have to establish? I have been researching into Franchise businesses such as KFC/Burger King/ Subway etc. Is that acceptable?

I'd really appreciate it if someone who knows about this wouldn't mind educating me on this matter.

Thanks

Member of Standing

Re: Type of business that is allowed?

Post by 10020132 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:20 am

Till now you can invest in most of the businesses except minicab office. But very soon they MIGHT restrict investment in catering business and franchising as it was suggested by MAC report

MSKF

Post by MSKF » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:51 pm

I found this on page 54 of the MAC Report

Looks like Franchise owning can become an issue! I originally planned on starting a business focused on acquiring franchises.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Yes. May be it will become
But still its a may be as yet unless announced

jonser

Post by jonser » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Like I said in the previous thread. The MAC report has absolutely no relevance until it becomes part of the policy so work with the policy. Every other thing is pure speculation.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:05 am

jonser wrote:Like I said in the previous thread. The MAC report has absolutely no relevance until it becomes part of the policy so work with the policy. Every other thing is pure speculation.
Hi Jonser, That's exactly what I said but unfortunately some stubborn hardly see out of box and difficult for them to realize and accept the fact. MAC has no relevance unless its recommendation is adopted and then again it will be still part of immigration rule so no point in referring to MAC while making application.

Further, in an appeal you always refer to relevant immigration rules, you never say i did that I did so because it was recommended in MAC report. that argue will not be taken by any court.