ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help NEEDED (Extension Refused)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haider227
Newly Registered

Urgent Help NEEDED (Extension Refused)

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi everyone and Zimba88,

i applied for my extension in December 2016 and got my refusal letter on 25th of February. The reason of refusal is: paragraph-SD(c)(iii)(2) states that applicant must provide evidence that the business is subject to UK taxation, and if applicant is a director of a business, the business must be registered for corporation tax and the applicant must provide documentation from HRMC & customs which confirm this.

you have not provided any evidence from HRMC that your company is a registered business which subject to UK business.

so they did not award me investment points, that they did not find any document from HRMC to confirm that our business is subjected to uk taxation.

But i have sent The HRMC welcome letter and few other invoices (tax paid ) from HRMC. Why they did not consider as evidence at all? As in guidance it says welcome letter will do it for That evidence. or it could be a case worker"s error or he misplaced it ?

I am confused what should i do ? Go for administrative review or start all over again and send a fresh application ?
zimba88 your help will be hugely appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Haider
Last edited by haider227 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Urgent Help needed

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Are you self employed or company director ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

haider227
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help NEEDED (Extension Refused)

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:15 pm

I am a company director .

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Thank you so much fro your prompt reply i really appropriate that but i want an honest and fair opinion about my options.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Surely you must have more evidence from HMRC than 'a welcome letter' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

inaam.cs

Post by inaam.cs » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm

To me, that's quite strange and unfair. Did you pay any corp. tax for any year if your company was in profit? Because normally if there is corp. tax then HMRC sends a letter asking for paying corp. tax?

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Casa wrote:Surely you must have more evidence from HMRC than 'a welcome letter' :?:
I have all the documents From HRMC but I only sent the welcome letter and few invoices as the asked any of these to show as evidence?
I do not know what should I do?
Last edited by haider227 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haider227
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help needed

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:38 pm

zimba88 wrote:Are you self employed or company director ??
Thank you so much for your reply and I am a company Director.

Thank you so much fro your prompt reply i really appropriate that but i want an honest and fair opinion about my options.

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 pm

inaam.cs wrote:To me, that's quite strange and unfair. Did you pay any corp. tax for any year if your company was in profit? Because normally if there is corp. tax then HMRC sends a letter asking for paying corp. tax?
It sounds unfair but might be they had some grounds not to accept these documents as evidence.
we paid tax for PAYE not any profit yet. Thanks for your concern.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Sorry for your refusal . AS per guidance

"Business must be registered for corporation tax and you must provide Documentation from HMRC) which confirms this. For example, form CT41G from HMRC or a completed HMRC tax return document showing the tax reference number for the company. If the reporting is done online, you should provide a printout of the form and sign it as correct."

If I am not wrong welcome letter is CT41G from which is part introductory pack from hmrc. If you have copy of that letter on the bottom left corner it will say CT41G . If it does shows on your Welcome letter and there is tax ref no. on top then you might go for AR . Zimba please correct me if I am wrong .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:53 pm

haider227 wrote:
inaam.cs wrote:To me, that's quite strange and unfair. Did you pay any corp. tax for any year if your company was in profit? Because normally if there is corp. tax then HMRC sends a letter asking for paying corp. tax?
It sounds unfair but might be they had some grounds not to accept these documents as evidence.
I think the PAYE tax ref no. is different to Corp Tax Ref no. . If you have sent only the PAYE invoices it will not be accepted .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

wya2015
Newly Registered

Post by wya2015 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Did you submit CT600?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:05 pm

A welcome letter by HMRC is acceptable for self-employed only. Why nobody reads the GUIDE properly ?? :?
Also note that technically CT41G is NOT the proof that you are registered for CT. The best way to prove you are registered for CT in the UK is sending a signed copy of your CT600.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:13 pm

wya2015 wrote:Did you submit CT600?
you have to do a welcome letter or the CT600.
I did the welcome letter though i had ct6oo?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:19 pm

As I said a welcome letter by HMRC is NOT A PROOF of CT registration

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:53 pm

kapoorinusa wrote:
haider227 wrote:
I think the PAYE tax ref no. is different to Corp Tax Ref no. . If you have sent only the PAYE invoices it will not be accepted .
i thought i made myslef clear that i have sent the welcome letter along with those ,

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:54 pm

If the example refers CT41G than it should be acceptable why not,,,I think it clearly indicates that they are looking for CT reference no

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:19 pm

CT 603 also have reference no and it is "Notice from HMRC "for Corporation tax returns

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 pm

zimba88 wrote:As I said a welcome letter by HMRC is NOT A PROOF of CT registration
I aprricate that you came forward for your opinion but as I can see in guaidnace on page 49
It's clearly Says form CT41G ( welcome letter)
Please correct me if I'm wrong ?

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:If the example refers CT41G than it should be acceptable why not,,,I think it clearly indicates that they are looking for CT reference no
Please
Do me favour and go to page 49 on recent guaidnace and just go through it
Where it says !for expamle form CT41G( welcome letter)
I'm sorry if I'm wrong or I'm not getting along at all.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 pm

CT41G should be acceptable.
Welcome letter is under self employed.
Page31 guidance version 11/16

haider227
Newly Registered

Post by haider227 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 am

ishfaqsangra wrote:CT41G should be acceptable.
Is there any difference between Form CT41G and
Welcome letter ?
I think it's a no as welcome letter is a CT41G
Which has UTR
So
I think page 49 is for extension and you must be on initial application .
Anyhow it's done whatever it is , left behind I think it's time to give up on AR and look forward to fresh application.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 am

CT41G was an old form you used to get after forming a company showing your UTR on it. It has been replaced slowly by HMRC from mid 2012 with a letter asking you to register online for CT instead (This makes this new version not a proof of CT registration on its own) I actually never got it when I formed my company in 2013.
If you happen to have a CT41G and it does not show your company's UTR, a copy of CT600 will be a perfect replacement.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:25 pm

CT41G was the part of letters we received when we formed my company in 2013 . I did sent that with our Initial application.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:59 pm

haider227 wrote:
ishfaqsangra wrote:CT41G should be acceptable.
Is there any difference between Form CT41G and
Welcome letter ?
I think it's a no as welcome letter is a CT41G
Which has UTR
So
I think page 49 is for extension and you must be on initial application .
Anyhow it's done whatever it is , left behind I think it's time to give up on AR and look forward to fresh application.
This is same for Initial on PAGE31 and Extension :page 49
Business must be registered for corporation tax and you must provide documentation from HMRC) which confirms this. For example, form CT41G from HMRC or acompleted HMRC tax return document showing the tax reference number for the company. If the reporting is done online, you should provide a printout of the form and sign it as correct.

I strongly believe CT41G should be acceptable although CT600 is perfect.