ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed for entrepreneur visa ext interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noajthan

Re: urgent help needed for entrepreneur visa ext interview

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:32 am

Note This garbled thread is about interviews; it is not yet another timeline thread (whether for applications or for decisions).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 am

Post by businessmen aces » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi all had my interview today the following some of the questions that were asked-

1. Name and date of birth
2. Company name and Address
3. Roles of each team member and relationship
4. Investment made by each team member ( Share Capital )
5. IF investment was made in one go or in parts and on what dates
6. What does the business do
7. They studied 3 years bank accounts and asked me questions about few direct debit transactions.
8. Asked detailed information of machinery hire purchase and lease agreements
9. Area in square metres of business premises along with details of shop floor and industrial unit at back.
10. How do i market my business and advertising cost
11. Who are the main customers
12. Details of payments over 25K from business bank accounts and reason for payments.
13. Name of Relationship manager of business bank account
14. Transaction detail of my Top suppliers whose details they found in my Bank statement whom i regulary make payments from last 3 years.
15. Details of my some customers ( i told my there are few hundred they made me stop after 20 to 25 names )
16. My favourite customers and reason why they are favourite.
17. We supply to some multinationals they asked me how did we get that order.
18 Who are our competitors and what we think makes us better than our competitors
19. What is our turnaround time and how we make sure that we maintain our turnaround time.
20. Gross and net profit in 2015
21. How much Tax we think we will pay in 2016
22. How much deprecation we claimed on capital assets
23. How much lease rent we pay every year on machinery
24. How do we decide which machine to buy and does it require any training.
25. What are our future plans for our business and our sales projection for next 2 years
26. What are contingency plans if business fails to which i replied that my business is in profit for last 3 years and profits are increasing every year so i don't see a reason why business will fail. If can only fail if uk economy collapses and then i will shift to some other country say for example USA and start same business there after taking Business visa. As i love my business and have been in the same business for more than 23 years and don't know anything else. If this business fails here than i have no intreast in uk will go somewhere where i can make money in business which i love and i am trained. Cant change my line and start new business as i have been in garments for all my life.
27. We have invoice financing from bank and also bank overdraft limits so they asked me lot of questions regarding that.
28. Asked roles of each employ and also how do we recruit our staff and also some questions about recruitment agency we use for recruiting staff and there charges.
29. How much we have spend on trade shows and advertisements.
30. Our overseas assets value and do we plan to bring those assets to uk in future.
31. How much do we pay ourselves from business and how much salary do we plan to draw next year.
32. Value of closing stock and current stock
33. Capital investment value and monthly running cost of business
34. Who made our business website
35. How do we provide training to our staff to operate machines
36. Was asked questions only about current employees and names with spellings distance of there home from workplace there duties and hours of work. What qualities i like in them and what training they had.

Interview was through Skype and both the team members were interviewed seperatly in different rooms at same time and some questions were same but than questions were asked according to the role of each team member in the company. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to be happy with my answers and told me at the end of interview that i was not only relaxed during interview but also made him feel relaxed with my smile and confident answers. He told me that this was one of the best interviews he ever had for a long time and he is already feeling excited about our future business plans and wished me all the best and told me stop taking stress about visa now and concetrate on our business and all the best for future. He said that now he has a fair bit idea of our business and what we do. I think my solicatitor did not draft my visa application properly. If solicitor had in 1 page covering letter described our business to home office and put all documents in proper order than interview would not have been necessary and application could have been processed quicker. Now lets hope for the best.

I also told him that i was expecting difficult questions but he made it easy for me by asking simple questions and he smiled and told me if you know your business well than all questions are easy. You are not allowed to refer to any notes or documents during interview so they said they understand this and all figures are approx and not exact.

In the end when he asked me if i have any question or suggestion i told him yes i have a complain that its not very professional for HO to take 6 months to decide visa application its not that we have a problem with that its only our business is crippled with inability to travel if we had temporary visa during the time application was processed and could travel it would have been big help to our business.

I think all questions were very easy and i gave all correct answers and hope to hear good news soon. Lets hope now case worker reviews our answers soon and process our application asap we applied on 29th June so already 4 months ( 17 weeks )
Now i have done my best and lets hope Case worker will understand the hardships we are going through by there delay in processing our application and decide our application asap on merit. I have learnt from my mistake that we should not trust solicitor blindly and check all documents before they are filed. Most of the solicitors have either no or very little experience in business visa applications.
businessmen aces

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 pm

:idea: A polite notice to members: This thread is sometimes being used as a timeline thread rather than a thread dedicated to extension interview questions. I understand that long waits to hear back from HO is quite frustrating for applicants but please make sure the content on this thread remains dedicated to interview process and related questions.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 pm

zimba88 wrote::idea: A polite notice to members: This thread is sometimes being used as a timeline thread rather than a thread dedicated to extension interview questions. I understand that long waits to hear back from HO is quite frustrating for applicants but please make sure the content on this thread remains dedicated to interview process and related questions.
+1
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello all,
This thread is v helpful, many people had their interview but no one mention what was the conclusion. My interview is in 2 days need help and assistance.
I been through this forum and read many threads in detail,i am on a 200k route in a retail car business and already invested some amount in the business, as i am out of the country so i am not working in the day to day activities of the business, but i know in detail what's happening there in the business. All the sample question availble which i been through are for the service business, my querry is will they ask me the current position of the company, number of employees etc ,companies current profit and expenses and its been a year i m the director of the company can they ask what are ur activities being a director of the company as i mentioned i m not in the uk and they havent granted me the visa yet so this thing make me confused.
Secondly if any member of the group got the visa after there interview plz share there experience please it will be helpful and motivational.
Many thanks in advance.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:20 pm

Finally done with the interview, now hoping for the results to come up. It was very simple and straightforward. It was the same questions which are asked to other people prepared question and nothing specific to my business plan random questions which can fit to anyone. Just prepare ur business plan in detail and u must know everything, why and how?
Anyone have any idea how long will it take to reply back. Interview last for almost 80-90 mins.
Many thanks.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:50 pm

Alhumdullilah got the email they overturned the decision and now issuing the visa. Thxz to the greatest lord.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:15 pm

samu0099 wrote:Alhumdullilah got the email they overturned the decision and now issuing the visa. Thxz to the greatest lord.
Congratulations.