ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Curtailment interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Momi

Re: Visa Curtailment interview

Post by Momi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Kanga is on tier 1 general.
entrepreneur123 wrote:Kanga,
Have you ever used toeic in any visa extention or got toeic certificate?

kangna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have received an email from HO today asking me to attend and interview on 16/07/15 relating to my Tier 1 General Visa.

The contents of the eMail says

"We are currently considering your existing leave to enter/ leave to remain and require you to attend an interview for the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply."

I have no idea about this and have not seen any thread relating to this on this forum before.

Please advise what they could ask me on the interview and they have asked not to bring any documents.

I showed my income from two sources 1 from limited company plus from employment.

Your help would be highly appreciated

Thank you

T1rre
Newly Registered

Post by T1rre » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:52 am

jazi wrote:Did you ever had any link with toiec?
It's related to TOIEC

T1rre
Newly Registered

Post by T1rre » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:26 am

Goog News For everyone
My partner have conduct interview today .
The interview was about TOIEC teST only.
they ask 5 question about TOEIC exam .
My partner answer that there was not require
TOIEC EXam in my visa , so we have not submitted
Any TOIEC EXam . They appologised and finish interview.
They did not ask any business question .
Hope Most of people get their Answer
. I suggest if anyone given TOEIC exam and got this letter.
Go to interview with take advice from some one .

Momi

Post by Momi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:28 am

I think home office is calling everyone to attend an interview whoever have done toiec. Either they have used it for extension or not. They have probably got the data from awarding body. Many people have won toiec cases so far. It's also true that they have deported 1000's only because of toiec. So they can ask for the events of the test. Be fully prepare. :D

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:09 am

I don't think its only applicant with Toeic are being targted, we we read the email carefully among the articles mentioned only 245DE relate to entrepreneur visa in particular and 323 in general that deals with deception, false representation or with holding some relevant information . 245DE(c) says that an entrepreneur visa may be curtailed if:

(i) within 6 months of the date specified in paragraph (d), the applicant has not done
one or more of the following things:
(1) registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self-employed,
(2) registered a new business in which he is a director, or
(3) registered as a director of an existing business, or
(ii) the funds referred to in the relevant sections of Appendix A cease to be available
to him, except where they have been spent for the purposes of his business or
businesses.

In case of entrepreneur visa they only interview applicants based on 245DE(c) and 323 in general.

Arshad49
Sri Lanka

Post by Arshad49 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 pm

kangna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have received an email from HO today asking me to attend and interview on 16/07/15 relating to my Tier 1 General Visa.

"We are currently considering your existing leave to enter/ leave to remain and require you to attend an interview for the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply."

I have no idea about this and have not seen any thread relating to this on this forum before.

Please advise what they could ask me on the interview and they have asked not to bring any documents.

I showed my income from two sources 1 from limited company plus from employment.

Your help would be highly appreciated

Thank you
HAVE YOU WORKED ON YOUR NI OR HAVE YOU NOT REGISTERD WITH HMRC

kangna
Newly Registered

Post by kangna » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:03 pm

I have worked on NI as well as registred with HMRC

T1rre
Newly Registered

Post by T1rre » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:32 pm

[quote="entrepreneur123"]Did you use toiec in any extension or you just got
Yes my partner was asked only about TOIEC than interview finished

suppa_mac
Newly Registered

Post by suppa_mac » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:54 pm

T1rre wrote:Goog News For everyone
My partner have conduct interview today .
The interview was about TOIEC teST only.
they ask 5 question about TOEIC exam .
My partner answer that there was not require
TOIEC EXam in my visa , so we have not submitted
Any TOIEC EXam . They appologised and finish interview.
They did not ask any business question .
Hope Most of people get their Answer
. I suggest if anyone given TOEIC exam and got this letter.
Go to interview with take advice from some one .
Me and my wife have a same problem. I did but never submitted Toiec to HO but my wife submitted on her 1st extension at university all tough her 2nd extension on tier-2 went well on 2013 but we need another extension soon and worried about the outcome. Do you have any idea or know Good solicitor who's working on this issue? Many thanks.

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi I am a silent reader on this forum and need some information about flr fp on family route. My husband was granted a visa for on parent of a British child and british partner
Back in November 2014.

But we recieved the letter from ukba saying he needs to aatend the interview for the purpose of assessing wether any of the grounds of curtailment apply and they put some
rules after as mention in above post.
My question is has someone else receive any kind of this letter after been granted visa.

I know they have changed some rules this year April but not sure why they want to interview.has any one attended the interview yet. If yes then what kind of question they ask.
Any information will be appreciated.
Many thanks

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:07 pm

And this what exactly says on the letter that we received.

“Power to interview a person with limited leave to enter or remain
39D. For the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under
paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than Page 10 of 215
323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply the Secretary of State

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:25 pm

What document did your husband used to fulfill English requirement? Did your husband did toeic before?

Iqraahmad wrote:And this what exactly says on the letter that we received.

“Power to interview a person with limited leave to enter or remain
39D. For the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under
paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than Page 10 of 215
323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply the Secretary of State

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:07 pm

He was granted without the English test he never done any English test. Do you think it's just about that or what?? As we have our son he is 5 and british. We r going on Tuesday for interview. Did you have any more info on that?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Don't know... Please do update here what questions they ask you. It will help everyone thanks

Iqraahmad wrote:He was granted without the English test he never done any English test. Do you think it's just about that or what?? As we have our son he is 5 and british. We r goinag on Tuesday for interview. Did you have any more info on that?

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:05 pm

I will update it. It is so frustrating though we are in subsisting relationship and everything. They just sent a letter for my husband and all they have asked is for his nino and that's it.

Not any other paper work. I did ring in on the no on letter to see if it's a system error but the lady said it's just a new thing they started.
I hope it's just about the rule they have changed recently.
But if you come across about it anymore please keep it update.
Thanks

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Your husband is on discretionary leave which is also called family protection. They just need to check that circumstances are still same or not.
Immigration matters are effecting everyone even those who already got British citizenship. But they are mostly targeting non EU.
What was your husband status before getting family protection? If he didn't breach any immigration matter then he will be fine.
Iqraahmad wrote:I will update it. It is so frustrating though we are in subsisting relationship and everything. They just sent a letter for my husband and all they have asked is for his nino and that's it.

Not any other paper work. I did ring in on the no on letter to see if it's a system error but the lady said it's just a new thing they started.
I hope it's just about the rule they have changed recently.
But if you come across about it anymore please keep it update.
Thanks

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:38 pm

He was granted on flr fp parent or partner of British.
But that is very unfair though even a person is been through
long process already.

But anyway we have everything on place nothing to worry about. its just the stress to go through with all that.

Our circumstances are still the same. So hoping for good.
Thanks

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:42 pm

@Momi
He was over stay before that but was keep on applying on different application so this was the last one where he was granted the visa.
Did you know anyone who is been for interview?

jazi
Newly Registered

Post by jazi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:22 pm

@iqraahmed,nothing to worry about.
One of my mate was in same situation all they asked him where is he working and what is his tax contribution.

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:34 pm

jazi wrote:@iqraahmed,nothing to worry about.
One of my mate was in same situation all they asked him where is he working and what is his tax contribution.
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure it's just going to be very straight forward as we have not hid anything.
Do you mind me asking if your friend had the interview quite recent and where did your friend went for interview.

And was he invited on his own and was he just asked to bring any other document a part from nino. As this is what they have asked my husband to bring along nothing else.

Any information will be apriciated.
Thanks

jazi
Newly Registered

Post by jazi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Last Thursday and it was held on Harrow Road, same only NINo. And they calling all the visa holders, further I can update on Monday cuz I am going on Monday and I have been asked to bring the NINo only

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:51 pm

jazi wrote:Last Thursday and it was held on Harrow Road, same only NINo. And they calling all the visa holders, further I can update on Monday cuz I am going on Monday and I have been asked to bring the NINo only

Ok that's exactly where my husband needs to go on Tuesday.
I will really apriciated if you will update us after and good luck for your interview.

So were you on the same kind of visa as my husband is ???

jazi
Newly Registered

Post by jazi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Nope I am on tier 1 entrepreneur

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:24 pm

hi, got a email for the same interview. got Ti(E) visa in mar 2013. attended toeic in feb 2012 and yes i did submit the Toeic for visa. but what does that mean all those used Toeic are culprit? and TBH its more then 3 years since I appear in that test and now I don't even remember the test format etc. so if they question about Toeic test what should i answer can anybody express their views on it. thanks

Malikiffy
Newly Registered

Post by Malikiffy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:32 pm

rizarifpk123456 wrote:Please Help Gurus ASAP.
I have received an email from HO today asking me to attend and interview on 13/07/15 relating to my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which i got on 01/07/13 after attending the interview at that time also.

Please advise what they could ask me on the interview and what documents shall i gather to attend the interview.
Thank you

Hi friend I received same latter and got interview date for 15th of this month did you gather any information if yes please share if you dont mind or can i get your contact number i will call you thanks