ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Curtailment interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Curtailment interview

Post by Iqraahmad » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Malikiffy wrote:
rizarifpk123456 wrote:Please Help Gurus ASAP.
I have received an email from HO today asking me to attend and interview on 13/07/15 relating to my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which i got on 01/07/13 after attending the interview at that time also.
The contents of the eMail says
"We are currently considering your existing leave to enter/ leave to remain and require you to attend an interview for the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply."

I have no idea about this and have not seen any thread relating to this on this forum before.
Please advise what they could ask me on the interview and what documents shall i gather to attend the interview.
Thank you

Hi friend I received same latter and got interview date for 15th of this month did you gather any information if yes please share if you dont mind or can i get your contact number i will call you thanks

I think we all in the same boat but of course with diffrent circumstances. My husband is attending the interview next week so any one who is attending tomorrow please keep all of us update.
And I will keep it update too with our interview. And good luck for all who are going for interview.
@rizarifpk123456 could you please let us know after your interview of what question they have asked etc. that will be appreciated.
Thanks

Malikiffy
Newly Registered

Post by Malikiffy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:28 pm

I have received an email from HO today asking me to attend and interview on 13/07/15 relating to my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which i got on 01/07/13 after attending the interview at that time also.
"We are currently considering your existing leave to enter/ leave to remain and require you to attend an interview for the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply."

I have no idea about this and have not seen any thread relating to this on this forum before.
Please advise what they could ask me on the interview and what documents shall i gather to attend the interview.
Thank you

I got exactly the same latter i got bussiness visa on 27th of march 2014 you are going for interview tomorrow and m going on Wednesday please friend if you got any information than please let me know or please let me know your contact number and i will call you thanks

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Malikiffy. Your interview will be about toeic test that you used in your extension as you mentioned in your other post.

Malikiffy
Newly Registered

Post by Malikiffy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:50 pm

jazi wrote:i got the same email yesterday with exactly same content and interview date is same 13 July.
i got visa back in Jan 2014 and it is expiring in Jan 2017.
i haven't submitted any English diploma cause i got master degree from the UK.
any idea guys what it could be for ??
i never worked on NI anywhere else during my visa.
all they asked for is to bring ni card.nothingelse

Salam jazi bro i got same latter could you please help me out if you dont mind my interview is on Wednesday our if you gave me your contact number i will call you my number is 07445843915 thanks

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Malikiffy wrote:
jazi wrote:i got the same email yesterday with exactly same content and interview date is same 13 July.
i got visa back in Jan 2014 and it is expiring in Jan 2017.
i haven't submitted any English diploma cause i got master degree from the UK.
any idea guys what it could be for ??
i never worked on NI anywhere else during my visa.
all they asked for is to bring ni card.nothingelse

Salam jazi bro i got same latter could you please help me out if you dont mind my interview is on Wednesday our if you gave me your contact number i will call you my number is 07445843915 thanks
@jazi
Could you please keep us update after your interview as my husband is going on Tuesday and he never done any English test either. And they also asked him to bring the NINO and that's all.
That will be very helpful for all of us who attending the interview after you.
Thanks

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Guys me and @jazi attending interviews tomorrow same time. Wish us luck :) :idea: will keep you guys posted.
However so far what i have worked out is that, they are calling everybody to interview who have been related to toeic.
I guess embrace yourself for the questions related to Toeic, your test centre, marks dates, fee, test structure etc plus sny business investment, turnover, employee s and business plans. I guess caseworkers will try to asses whether anybody of us has used deception(in simple words :!: ).
@ jazi will be free very soon(hopefully)..as he did not used toeic.

kangna
Newly Registered

Post by kangna » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:26 am

All the very best for your interview, please update me as well after the interview as i have mine on Thursday.

jazi
Newly Registered

Post by jazi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:05 am

Guys interview done ,only question he asked me, have you ever done toiec,answer was No
He appologised and said you may go now.and it was on video link

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:48 am

jazi wrote:Guys interview done ,only question he asked me, have you ever done toiec,answer was No
He appologised and said you may go now.and it was on video link
:mrgreen: :D :lol:
-- Kaps84

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:28 pm

Attended the interview this morning.
All they ask about was toeic.
Questions.
1. Asked my Name
2. Asked Date of Birth
3. Have you Done Toeic?
5. When did do you it?
6. Where did you attend the test?
7. Address/ name of test centre?
8. How did you booked test?
9. How did you pay for test?
10. Who referred you for toeic?
11. How many times you took test?
12. When did you get your results?
13. Strcuture if the test? Like what includes the test?
14. How many people were at present when you took the test?
15. Did i study any other course before toeic( not related to toeic, related to my studies)?
16. Why did i study that course?
17. When that course eas completed?
18. What is my current leave to remanin?
19. When does my visa expires?
Please dont panic. All people being ask d same questions. I dont think they were assesing my english speaking capabilities, the interviewer was just doing data entry.
Answer slowly, as they type as well, so give them chance to type.
Nothing asked about NI, not even checked NI or any identification. Dress formal or casual up to you. I dont think it matters as you will be interviewed via skype.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Following your answers to their questions they would assess if there have not been any malpractice invloved on the day you took your test because if they have already foundout what happened on that particular day of test and other participants on that day it is end of the day down to you if you took it right way then nothing to worry about
thanks,

KawalladdI1
Newly Registered

Post by KawalladdI1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Iqraahmad wrote:
Malikiffy wrote:

Thank you

Hi friend I received same latter and got interview date for 15th of this month did you gather any information if yes please share if you dont mind or can i get your contact number i will call you thanks

I think we all in the same boat but of course with diffrent circumstances. My husband is attending the interview next week so any one who is attending tomorrow please keep all of us update.
And I will keep it update too with our interview. And good luck for all who are going for interview.
@rizarifpk123456 could you please let us know after your interview of what question they have asked etc. that will be appreciated.
Thanks

Could you please keep us update after your interview I'm going on Thursday That will be very helpful for all of us who attending the interview after you.
Thanks

kangna
Newly Registered

Post by kangna » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:22 pm

has anyone faced any different question apart from Toeic.It would be useful to know the update as I m going there on Thursday as well.Please keep us updated.

Many Thanks in advance

engruit
Newly Registered

Post by engruit » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 pm

I got the same letter , and as I am on Tier 1 General and never supplied any kind of English test cert. or Toiec ?

The letter states this :

Purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply."

Checked all of them non of them applies on Tier 1 Gen. so called HO and their response is like : We don't know , I don't know dahh..?

Who knows then..? This forum is such a hlep , so relaxed after reading about Toiec etc... Thanks people keep posting , my interview is on 16/07 I will update ya'll ...

Good luck !

priyapiya

Post by priyapiya » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:15 am

Exactly same questions with me as well
rizarifpk123456 wrote:Attended the interview this morning.
All they ask about was toeic.
Questions.
1. Asked my Name
2. Asked Date of Birth
3. Have you Done Toeic?
5. When did do you it?
6. Where did you attend the test?
7. Address/ name of test centre?
8. How did you booked test?
9. How did you pay for test?
10. Who referred you for toeic?
11. How many times you took test?
12. When did you get your results?
13. Strcuture if the test? Like what includes the test?
14. How many people were at present when you took the test?
15. Did i study any other course before toeic( not related to toeic, related to my studies)?
16. Why did i study that course?
17. When that course eas completed?
18. What is my current leave to remanin?
19. When does my visa expires?
Please dont panic. All people being ask d same questions. I dont think they were assesing my english speaking capabilities, the interviewer was just doing data entry.
Answer slowly, as they type as well, so give them chance to type.
Nothing asked about NI, not even checked NI or any identification. Dress formal or casual up to you. I dont think it matters as you will be interviewed via skype.

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:51 am

My husband attend the interview today the question they have asked was
1.what is your name,date of birth,current address.
2.have you done any Toiec test??the answer was no.
3.anyother English test? Answer was no.
4.what is your current visa?
5.when does your visa expires?
6.when the visa was issued?
7.what visa did you enter in the country?
And asked if he ever studied in any collage in uk.
And that was all.
So good luck for those whoever is attending.
Nothing to worry about.

mohdharis
Newly Registered

Post by mohdharis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Had an interview today. For those who've been sent emails for an interview.. Pls don't be alarmed.. All they wanna know if u'd submitted any English proficiency certificates.. N if the awarding body of that certificate was ETS Toeic.. If yes the interview proceeds further.. Otherwise its over..
Plus point: its a videolink interview so it doesn't last long
Questions asked:
U submitted toeic?
Where did u take ur exam?
How many ppl were present in the room?
Who booked the test?
How much did u pay?
The lay out of the test?
Etc etc.

So calm down.. N goodluck

aadam
Newly Registered

Post by aadam » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:31 pm

mohdharis wrote:Had an interview today. For those who've been sent emails for an interview.. Pls don't be alarmed.. All they wanna know if u'd submitted any English proficiency certificates.. N if the awarding body of that certificate was ETS Toeic.. If yes the interview proceeds further.. Otherwise its over..
Plus point: its a videolink interview so it doesn't last long
Questions asked:
U submitted toeic?
Where did u take ur exam?
How many ppl were present in the room?
Who booked the test?
How much did u pay?
The lay out of the test?
Etc etc.

So calm down.. N goodluck
hi, can you and the guy rizarif please tell us what happen after the interview? what are there comments afterwards. are they satisfied and close your case or tell you that we will inform you about the decision afterwards? because based on some other thread on this forum its a possibility that they are recording your voice and then later on match with the voice recorded during the test and then update you about this. thanks

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:16 pm

We are not aware yet what they will do with it. However what i however this is obvious that will definitely reasses out current leav to remain on basis of that information which we provided them during the interview. Also in my opinion this is part of evidence gathering to be used against all related cases of toeic(just a personal opinion)
It is a matter of common sense that if you took a test at a test centre, atleast you should know where was that and atleast basic structure of the test.
The purpose of the interview is mainly focused in clauses of paragaph 323 and relating which focuses on deception.

We have not heared anything back yet. Will update you guys as soon as i hear anything from HO

engruit
Newly Registered

Post by engruit » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Guys it would be so kind of you if anyone can update me, has anyone been asked any other questions other than Toiec ? @Kangana what time is your interview ? mine is at 1pm on Thursday , if I find anything different I will update you here.. and if yours is before 1pm , can you please update me. Many Thanks

kangna
Newly Registered

Post by kangna » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:26 am

Hi Mine is @ 14:00 hrs @ Engruit, so if anyone has any other informtaion please let us know.

Thanks

kangna
Newly Registered

Post by kangna » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:47 pm

I just had my interview, it was just to do with TOIEC .
Asked same questions mentioned in earlier trail.

Phyrant.14
Newly Registered

Post by Phyrant.14 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:04 pm

hi Gurus!

I have one serious question regarding curtailment visa interview...

I am on tier-1 general visa and I got extension till 2018 last week HO called me for interview under paragraphs 245, 276 & 323...

I have done my degree from here and no requirement of any English test but for no reason I appeared in TOIEC test back in 2013 which I honestly didn't even remember that I ever appeared but the interviewer ask me did I take any English test or course I said yes I gave IELTS couple of time one for my student visa and other for my Tier-1 application when I applied back in 2009 from Pakistan but I totally forgot to tell him that I appeared in TOIEC as I went just for fun and I even didn't submit any certificate for points claiming as I never needed to but now suddenly It came in my mind that I did appear in TOIEC so any valuable advise from gurus what could be the outcome as I never claimed any points that's just skip from mind :( ...

kindly do reply me with your valuable advise or comments on it...

regards,

Mo

Phyrant.14
Newly Registered

Post by Phyrant.14 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:06 pm

kangna wrote:I just had my interview, it was just to do with TOIEC .
Asked same questions mentioned in earlier trail.
hi kangna

did you ever appear in TOIEC or claimed points for it...

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Phyrant.14 wrote:hi Gurus!

I have one serious question regarding curtailment visa interview...

I am on tier-1 general visa and I got extension till 2018 last week HO called me for interview under paragraphs 245, 276 & 323...

I have done my degree from here and no requirement of any English test but for no reason I appeared in TOIEC test back in 2013 which I honestly didn't even remember that I ever appeared but the interviewer ask me did I take any English test or course I said yes I gave IELTS couple of time one for my student visa and other for my Tier-1 application when I applied back in 2009 from Pakistan but I totally forgot to tell him that I appeared in TOIEC as I went just for fun and I even didn't submit any certificate for points claiming as I never needed to but now suddenly It came in my mind that I did appear in TOIEC so any valuable advise from gurus what could be the outcome as I never claimed any points that's just skip from mind :( ...

kindly do reply me with your valuable advise or comments on it..

If you have never used it for points then why you are worried about it.
regards,

Mo