ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Curtailment interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rizarifpk123456

Visa Curtailment interview

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Please Help Gurus ASAP.
I have received an email from HO today asking me to attend and interview on 13/07/15 relating to my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which i got on 01/07/13 after attending the interview at that time also.
The contents of the eMail says
"We are currently considering your existing leave to enter/ leave to remain and require you to attend an interview for the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply."

I have no idea about this and have not seen any thread relating to this on this forum before.
Please advise what they could ask me on the interview and what documents shall i gather to attend the interview.
Thank you

googleit

Re: Visa Curtailment interview

Post by googleit » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi,

What's your business ? Have you submitted your company's accounts or not , & are you working on NI ?

ogogzy

Post by ogogzy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:17 am

Please talk to this forum and let us know if you have had any issue with the HO in the past or if you have been working with NI

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:22 am

I am selling fone accessories online.
I have had registered my company since the day i got my visa and has been working as companies Director ever since. I am registered as self employed with HMRC and have submitted my companies accounts in April and is due to file corporatio. Tax return this month. I have worked on NI or as an employee if any other company during this visa.
I hope this helps.
Also i ah e done some resarch myself since yesterday, and in that case only Paragraph 323 may apply, which is for Deception as we had Submitted Touec certificate for the visa

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:26 am

Sorry about typos above
I have not worked on NI during my current Leave.

ogogzy

Post by ogogzy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:45 am

I believe you can get help on this forum..there was a similar situation with a member sometimes back. Please go with all the documents pertaining to your business and the Toeic certificate. Perhaps they may ask you to retake the English test if the one you submitted earlier is no more valid through no fault of yours

jazi
Newly Registered

Post by jazi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:39 am

i got the same email yesterday with exactly same content and interview date is same 13 July.
i got visa back in Jan 2014 and it is expiring in Jan 2017.
i haven't submitted any English diploma cause i got master degree from the UK.
any idea guys what it could be for ??
i never worked on NI anywhere else during my visa.
all they asked for is to bring ni card.nothingelse

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:48 am

Toiec test is effecting everyone. There are some cases where ILR has been curtailed and citizenship has been canceled. My suggestion is that if you are sure that you haven't got toiec certificate fraudulently then ready to fight.

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:03 pm

ogogzy wrote:I believe you can get help on this forum..there was a similar situation with a member sometimes back. Please go with all the documents pertaining to your business and the Toeic certificate. Perhaps they may ask you to retake the English test if the one you submitted earlier is no more valid through no fault of yours
Yes i think same. Therefore i am looking if there is any other English test which i can take ASAP and take the certificate along when i attend the interview.
But how am i suppose to show the investment, should there be any question abouy it (my route was £200k)?

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:38 pm

@Jazi,
Are u not the one who got his visa in 14 days??? If yes then u are from 50k route? you don't need any english certificate then what is it that you have done? your closing balance was 650K. your business should be on very big scale and very successful that y they would need to look into it, may be because of curiosity.

jazi
Newly Registered

Post by jazi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:51 pm

Yes that's right .Thats why I am surprised even in January they stopped me at Heathrow airport I was coming from back home , for 1 hour by saying that their system indicates I hv submitted some English diploma etc.
And then after one hour thier chief came up and said sorry and he assured me that he has removed it from his system it was mistake on thier side.
Plus I showed them my company progress I had all the documents with me,accounts employees record and proof that money has been invested. But don't know what's going on lets see

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:09 pm

I know they have only asked for NI, but i think we must take some documents along if there are any questions about company and invesent plus turnover etc.
could anyone help how to show investment as i only ran my company account for full year then i switched back to personal account due fee on company bank account. However my business is online and transactions are processed through Paypal as i have an online merchant account. I guess i can use that as well.
Any ideas??

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Have you got any student visa extension on toiec if not then I think you will be fine. They can't curtail the visa only on business activity and investment because HO GUIDAnce clearly says that you have to invest in 3 years. Try to memorise each and everything related to work on NI and English test.
They sent email on business email address or personal?
jazi wrote:Yes that's right .Thats why I am surprised even in January they stopped me at Heathrow airport I was coming from back home , for 1 hour by saying that their system indicates I hv submitted some English diploma etc.
And then after one hour thier chief came up and said sorry and he assured me that he has removed it from his system it was mistake on thier side.
Plus I showed them my company progress I had all the documents with me,accounts employees record and proof that money has been invested. But don't know what's going on lets see

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:03 pm

@jazi @rizarifpk123456
Are you afghani citizens?
These 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1 applies to afghani citizens only.

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:23 pm

@momi
No we are not afghan nationals and those sections do not apply. Only the section 323 applys where there is big scope of deception and not following condition of visa.
I have never worked on NI during this visa. I only got paid once on NI and that was during the First week of me receiving my entrepreneur visa. However i did left my job on the same day i received my visa but got paid later in the week for the hours i worked during the week before of receiving the visa.

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:04 pm

What about toiec? Is it questionable?
rizarifpk123456 wrote:@momi
No we are not afghan nationals and those sections do not apply. Only the section 323 applys where there is big scope of deception and not following condition of visa.
I have never worked on NI during this visa. I only got paid once on NI and that was during the First week of me receiving my entrepreneur visa. However i did left my job on the same day i received my visa but got paid later in the week for the hours i worked during the week before of receiving the visa.

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 pm

No. But homeoffice are questioning everybody's Toeic. So that is definitely be on the table.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:24 am

i think interview will be related to your toiec test. As many people have been interviewed whoever attached toiec test in any extension. They will do interview to check your English level and questions about your centre where you took toiec test etc.

rizarifpk123456: you have attached toiec test
jazi: As you mentioned that airport immigration took one hour to find out if you have taken english diploma or not and then they have tried to remove it from system. I think it might be still in their system that you took english diploma.

Please do update here what they ask you in interview

julesxander
Newly Registered

Post by julesxander » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:26 pm

HO randomly invites some people who were not interviewed during their initial T1E application. (I guess they recently changed the tone of the invitation letter to include curtailment).

They only just want to verify what you stated in your initial application;about your business, how much you have invested so far; whether you have employed settled workers, etc.

I would say , go through the interview questions on this forum and prepare your docs, such as Profit&Loss /Income Statement, Cashflow statement, Business Bank Statement showing investment fund, share certificate, Director Loan Agreement, employees' info, office/warehouse Lease docs, etc.

If you are genuinely doing what you stated in your application , you have nothing to worry about.

Goodluck.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Hmm I don't think you need to focus on preparing business documents. If it was business progress interview then they would have asked you to bring business documents to support your arguments. This is my personal view.

jazi
Newly Registered

Post by jazi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:08 pm

@ entrepreneur123 I agree with you they are not calling to ask about business cause policy says you got 3 years time to invest this money. Most probably it's just because of this toiec.

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:34 pm

@julesxander
I did attend interview prior to my visa. Secondly they have phasised not to bring any documents other then NI.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:57 am

what happens, when the letter arrives , the entreprenuer is not in the UK and on a business visit to another country and missed the interview letter ? any1 gone thru that ?

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:22 pm

I think it is because of Toeic....Noting to do with Ent Visa....

They are very much concerned about the people who went for Toeic.

So main focus should be on English test...

Do update us what happen after during interview...

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Apparently it is nothing to do with ENT visa but there is strong possibility of asking the relevant questions