ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when is the earliest we can apply for extension?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Celina

when is the earliest we can apply for extension?

Post by Celina » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 am

Hello Everyone ,
I am currently on entrpreneur visa and my extension is due on April 2016 , Please can anyone advice me when is the earliest that I can submit my case before APRIL 2016 ? I mean how many days early can I submit my case ?

Thanking you ,
Regards

Celina .

Legal83

Re: when is the earliest we can submit our case ?

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:37 pm

28 Days before your visa expires.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Celina wrote:Hello Everyone ,
I am currently on entrpreneur visa and my extension is due on April 2016 , Please can anyone advice me when is the earliest that I can submit my case before APRIL 2016 ? I mean how many days early can I submit my case ?

Thanking you ,
Regards

Celina .
Via the normal route..which is 3 years and 4 months...28 days before the visa expires... If accelerated route..which is 3 years than I suppose a day after you complete those years from the day you entered..I would be interested in knowing if one can apply 28 days before the completion of 3 years...anyone who has successfully achieved the visa through that approach can help?

ds007
Newly Registered

Post by ds007 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:55 pm

What nonsense you can apply anytime during your 3 year and 4 months as long as you've invested the money and done the jobs bit . Since you are given only a two year extension best to apply just after 3 years so that you do not need to apply for a second extension before ILR. I did exactly that....

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:18 am

ds007 wrote:What nonsense you can apply anytime during your 3 year and 4 months as long as you've invested the money and done the jobs bit . Since you are given only a two year extension best to apply just after 3 years so that you do not need to apply for a second extension before ILR. I did exactly that....
Wow! Fantastic! Since Ive been here 2 years only and have fulfilled the requirements of number of employees and investment.. you reckon I should apply by next week? I hope ull pay for my visa fee if i get rejected for applying a more than a year before my initial grant of leave expires :)

ds007
Newly Registered

Post by ds007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:25 am

You obviously did not read my post... If you apply earlier than 3 years then you get your extension for another 2 so you will have to apply another extension before ILR so to do it before 3 years is stupidity. And yes you will get rejected if you apply next week not because you applied early but because of following two reasons
1. Don't understand English
2. Don't have a brain so not fit to be director

Stop giving wrong advice....about 28 days before expiry n all... I applied 3 months before for extension and got my extension in 15 days.

ds007
Newly Registered

Post by ds007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 am

28 days is only for ILR

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:57 am

ds007 wrote:28 days is only for ILR
Hahahahaha!
Hey..if you are ugly and cant live with urself dont take it out on me...Obviously you didnt bother to read ur post again to realise that ur english skills are as retarded as you are...did you get someone to take ur english exam?
The poor peep above asked a simple question as to whats the earliest date that can he/she apply since its up for ext in April 2016 and according to all immigration guidelines it is 28 days before expiry of visa... not just for ILR..
Since ur a shit head you missed the point that...you cant apply before 3 years as you have to fulfil the 5 year period via ext either through FLR or ILR...thats why there is a 3 year route and a 5 year route...so please stop spreading misinformation that one can apply anytime within the 3 years and 4 months...
Please keep ur lovely day to yourself and dont make it others problem...

ds007
Newly Registered

Post by ds007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:02 am

Haha this is brilliant ..Please see below point 14 from the latest entrepreneur visa guidance. It is in simple English. So hopefully this should settle it.cannot be clearer Aman if you apply within 28 days as per your suggestion you have just found a third reason in addition to the two mentioned earlier to refuse your application.

Celina- please apply atleast a month before but not before 3 years to avoid having to apply for a second extension.

'14.If you are in the UK we encourage you to apply at least a month before your existing leave expires. If you apply much earlier than this you risk having a shortfall in leave if you choose to apply for settlement. This is because any further grant of leave is given from the date that we make the decision, not the date your leave expires. '

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:39 am

ds007 wrote:Haha this is brilliant ..Please see below point 14 from the latest entrepreneur visa guidance. It is in simple English. So hopefully this should settle it.cannot be clearer Aman if you apply within 28 days as per your suggestion you have just found a third reason in addition to the two mentioned earlier to refuse your application.

Celina- please apply atleast a month before but not before 3 years to avoid having to apply for a second extension.

'14.If you are in the UK we encourage you to apply at least a month before your existing leave expires. If you apply much earlier than this you risk having a shortfall in leave if you choose to apply for settlement. This is because any further grant of leave is given from the date that we make the decision, not the date your leave expires. '
And the moron has missed the point again...its abt ur retarded english skills...and you just proved it by pasting the above..re read ur moronic post from which the conversation started "what nonsense you can apply anytime during 3 years 4 month.." be a gentleman/woman and accept that your statement did not imply what u were trying to say...
Anyway please be polite and dont diss anyone in the manner you did..its not nice..if you got ur visa,whichever way,this forum is to help one another not make fun of them or prove how smart you are in an arrogant manner..mind ur language.. ur respect is in ur hands, I never wanted this conversation to go this way but...we all make mistakes and that is coz rules almost change on a daily basis..so im gonna be the bigger person here and apologise for answering u in ur own manner...I dont wish to waste any more time on this..Bless you

ds007
Newly Registered

Post by ds007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:02 pm

Mind my language ? All I've seen is abuses from you. Anyhow I was trying to be smart or anything . Was just giving correct advice to someone who asked for it

Celina

Post by Celina » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Thank you everyone and ds007 for your reply, I understood what you are trying to say here .

Stop arguing guyz, intead use this forum as means of help for each other which is its primary purpose .

Many thanks
Celina .

kaps84
Member of Standing

Re: when is the earliest we can apply for extension?

Post by kaps84 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:49 am

Celina wrote:Hello Everyone ,

Thanking you ,
Regards

Celina .
Hi Celina,

My understanding is that you need to apply atleast a month before. So that it gives HO enough time (a month) to make a decision. There is no set rule (but only guidelines) when you can apply for extension. What guidelines, otherwise, mean that is if you give them less time it might become risky depending upon the complexity of the application/applicants situation.

Thanks,
Kaps
-- Kaps84

rajesh0505
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh0505 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:24 pm

ds007 wrote:You obviously did not read my post... If you apply earlier than 3 years then you get your extension for another 2 so you will have to apply another extension before ILR so to do it before 3 years is stupidity. And yes you will get rejected if you apply next week not because you applied early but because of following two reasons
1. Don't understand English
2. Don't have a brain so not fit to be director

Stop giving wrong advice....about 28 days before expiry n all... I applied 3 months before for extension and got my extension in 15 days.
hi friend, is it possible to list out the documents you have submitted for ur extension. will be great help. thanks.

confused90

Re: when is the earliest we can apply for extension?

Post by confused90 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Did anyone call the home office to confirm? Or spoke to a lawyer?