ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appealing Tech City decision

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Durbzzz
United States of America

Appealing Tech City decision

Post by Durbzzz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Hello, I applied as founder of a startup that is already incorporated in the UK. I am working with a well known angel investor/advisor/mentor in the UK tech community. We have already invested £70,000 in the development of my product. I applied for a Tier 1 as an exceptional promise candidate as I come from a business background with emphasis on performance marketing. I was denied an endorsement. Tech City stated I did not show adequate proof of becoming a world leader but I applied as a promise candidate. Surely with my background and the fact I am working with a high profile angel in London that should show promise? They also said the evidence of my startup did not prove enough since it had no traction yet. The whole point of me applying is so that we could launch from London and I could make key hires in the UK. Has anyone ever appealed and had their decision turned?

Any help would be appreciated.

noajthan

Re: Appealing Tech City decision

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Duplicate.
Kindly continue in original post.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.