ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptional Talent visa extension time-frame

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UCLbloke
Newly Registered

Exceptional Talent visa extension time-frame

Post by UCLbloke » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi, I have sent my Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa for renewal on the 8th of Feb; the application fee was collected on the 10th. Do you guys have data on how long does it presently take for Tier 1 ET visa to be extended when application is made in the UK? Yes, I am aware that it can take up to 8 weeks but I want to get some empirical data :)

smushtaq
Newly Registered

Re: Exceptional Talent visa extension time-frame

Post by smushtaq » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:08 am

Hi,
It is good to know that someone has been successful in getting the Tier 1 ET visa and now applying for the renewal as well - this is positive sign.
I am aiming to apply for the Tier 1 promise talent visa - and need help in core subject and points needed for the personal statement. I would thankful if you help me to inform the main points which should be mentioned in successful and outstanding personal statement. It would great if you please send me any template or one which you had submitted for your application.
You can send me any document or template at following email address. Thanks in advance.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kind regards,
SM

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:59 am

Note Posting & sharing such templates & etc would be preferable in public;
this would help inform & benefit all interested members (as well as being subject to the crosschecking & verification of the collective hive mind of the forum).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

UCLbloke
Newly Registered

Post by UCLbloke » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Guys, I will try to help as much as I can. I received my bachelors in engineering degree (BEng.), masters (computer science), another masters (machine learning) followed by a PhD (Cambridge) all from the UK. I am presently finishing my fourth postdoctoral year in London on an ET visa. It has been a few years that I submitted my application, nevertheless one needs a strong research profile (was winner of plenty fellowships, prizes incl. a grant of around £200k when I applied, etc.), high impact publications (had around10 journal papers and 10-12 conference papers with the lowest impact of ~2.3), strong recommendation letters (I submitted 3) from mentors in academia as well a well thought of research question that you would want to pursue. For me this was at the intersection of geometry and biology. Therefore, the research statement is very much domain specific. It is like writing a grant summary for a grant application for the Welcome Trust, the research councils and the likes.

BTW I submitted my BRP at the local postoffice on 13/02, waiting for a decision to arrive........

smushtaq
Newly Registered

Post by smushtaq » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Thanks UCLbloke for your respond.
Anything which you feel can help others to file the application regarding the Tier 1 Promise Talent would be very helpful for others in this forum. I have asked for help and guidance for some part of this application from some solicitors but information by them is also not sufficient.
It would be helpful if you please share some further information what "really" should be in recommendation letter and in personal statement. I can inform my line manager about CV, but there must also something which needs highlighting and focus.
Cheers.
SM.

UCLbloke
Newly Registered

Post by UCLbloke » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Got visa approval letter – 19th Feb 2016. Now, waiting for BRP :P

neleeeyes
Newly Registered

Post by neleeeyes » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:33 pm

UCLbloke wrote:Got visa approval letter – 19th Feb 2016. Now, waiting for BRP :P
Hello UCLbloke and all,

Did you receive your BRP already? How many days it took you from the day you submitted your application and getting your BRP? Anyone else with recent experience can give an rough idea of stage 2 timeframe (after the endorsement) to switch from Tier 2 to Tier Exceptional Talent.
Thanks.