ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) question

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MISS_DUKE
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) question

Post by MISS_DUKE » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 am

UK Home Office website says about Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route as follows:

The applicant must be internationally recognised in their field as a world leading talent, be endorsed by a specified Designated Competent Body. The list of Designated Competent Bodies recognised by the UK Border Agency for the purposes of the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route are available on our website at www.ukba.gov.uk

But I could not find the list of competent bodies in the website (as far as I searched). Please give me more information about this.

achellap

Post by achellap » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:16 pm

as far as i know these bodies include Nobel prize Body , Pulitzer etc..basically this visa is only for people who have extraordinary talents in the fields the work , like doing some kind of innovation etc.

jcoreillyuk
Newly Registered

Designated Competent Body

Post by jcoreillyuk » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 pm

I've just spoken to UKBA and they were suitably vague and said that the list is not up yet and they don't know when it will be up. He said to just keep checking.....