ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa

Post by pillaipraveen » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi, I have applied for a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa in March and have not recieved any information other than a response from the visa section saying that my application is under process. Does anyone have an idea on how long this process normally takes? Thank you,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

As you know, it's a new category open to only a handful of applicants whose talent is reviewed by eminent artistic and professional designated competent bodies. I've not seen any posts on this topic on the forum and, unless there are members lurking who have yet to comment, I don't know if you will get any hearsay information on the approval times. In any case, your particular talent may not match theirs and so have no bearing on the timescale for approval.

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Post by pillaipraveen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Thank you for the response. I am completely aware of what you have described here. And you are right, each competent body will have different ways of assessing the application and hence the timescale might be different. In fact I am looking for a response from user 'bunnymoo' who posted on a different topic where he has mentioned that he also experienced a similar delay of around 3 months and this was posted in April. Recently UKBA called their visa officers back to UK from few countries and these places are now just application counters and the processing is all done in the UK. I was wondering whether these procedures are causing delays in the visa application process !

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm

This category of visa will always be referred to the UK (for the reasons mentioned) and that applies in all cases - whether or not the British Mission that accepts the application has its own entry clearance team in residence or has to send visa applications to centralized EC Hubs.