ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years long stay dilemma

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jasonbourne86
Newly Registered

10 Years long stay dilemma

Post by jasonbourne86 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:53 am

Hi Guys,

I need some serious advice i applied for an entrepreneur visa which is in for an appeal dated for 2nd week of december 2014 but my 10 years stay is completing in the end of august 2014 now my question here is should i withdraw my case for entrepreneur and then make a fresh application for an ILR - LR or should i simultaneously apply for an additional ILR - LR application and let the other application (appeal for an entrepreneur visa) there and write a covering letter along with the application for an ILR - LR and to the appeals dept and home office regarding, making a new application. Can someone kindly guide me as i am in two find as i have had different feedbacks from everyone even solicitors. Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

ouflak1

Re: 10 Years long stay dilemma

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:36 pm

What was your last visa type? When was it due to expire?

jasonbourne86
Newly Registered

Post by jasonbourne86 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:05 pm

its was a PSW visa and applied for an entrepreneur visa which got refused and then appealed for it but am completing my 10 years in the end of this month so want to know what is the correct procedure.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:13 am

jasonbourne86 wrote:its was a PSW visa and applied for an entrepreneur visa which got refused and then appealed for it but am completing my 10 years in the end of this month so want to know what is the correct procedure.
When did the PSW visa expire?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 am

Well, without a good timeline, it's hard to give very useful advice. Basically what I was getting at is if your PSW visa was still currently valid up until your 10 period, then yes, you could actually apply now (28 days in advance).

Assuming it is expired, but you applied for the Tier 1 before it expired, then it you should able to apply (though some experts will have to chime in here about how to deal with your existing appeal). In that case, your entire stay up to this point should qualify for the 10 route.

If your PSW has expired, and you applied for the Tier 1 after, then you have more bureaucracy involved.

Basically just need a timeline of visa dates, and the PSW expiry.