ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd Extension - Tier 1(General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GR2014
Newly Registered

2nd Extension - Tier 1(General)

Post by GR2014 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Hello everyone,
I need your help and advice on the Third extension of my Tier 1( General) visa coming up :
Here's the background :

Entered Uk in July 2008 on Tier 2-Intra company WP sponsored by my employer
March 2009 : Visa converted from Tier 2 to Tier 1(General) was applied . Visa was approved in May 2009 for 3 years (postal route)
July 2010 to November 2011 : was out of UK . Was working overseas for same employer but was on India payroll
November 2011 ( last week) : returned to UK ( same employer) on UK payroll and ILR count starts from this time.
May 2012 : first extension was applied and it was approved In June 2012 for duration of 2 yrs. (postal route)
June 2014: Second extension is coming up . Will I get 2 yrs extension or 3 years?

as far as I am aware - I will qualify for ILR in OCTOBER 2016 . If I get 3 yrs extension during this extension then I will be fine but if I get 2 yrs then I will have to apply for another extension before April 2015 so that I can apply for ILR . Could you please advice if I will get 3 yrs extension or 2 yrs given the background I have listed . Please note my employer has been the same from 2008 onwards.

appreciate your kind advice . Many thanks
GR