ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd Marriage-Spouse Visa for Teir 1 General Visa holder

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherjan

2nd Marriage-Spouse Visa for Teir 1 General Visa holder

Post by sherjan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi

1. My visa will expire in Jan-2013 (Then I need to apply for ILR) but I am intending to apply my Wife's visa in July 2012 (7 months will be left to expeire my visa from July). Shall ECO reject my Wife's Visa application due to short time of my visa expiration (7 months)?
2. Divorce in Pakistan

I will really appreciate the reply from anyone and especially from one who was on the same boat as I am. Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Sher J
Sorry I am New on this I made this query twice
Last edited by sherjan on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:10 pm

1. Divorce was done in Pak. Do I need UK court Decree or Pakistani Divorce will be enough as a proof with for Foreign office attestation? (Girl went back to Pakistan and we proceeded Divorce in Pak).

You were married according to pakistan law so you need divorce papers from pakistan. Just make sure they are in english.

2. My visa will expire in Jan-2013 (Then I need to apply for ILR) but I am intending to apply my Wife's visa in July 2012 (7 months will be left to expeire my visa from July). Shall ECO reject my Wife's Visa application due to short time of my visa expiration (7 months)?

7 months is not a short time. Mine was 4 months even then they issued visa.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: 2nd Marriage-Spouse Visa for Teir 1 General Visa holder

Post by aliq09 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 pm

sherjan wrote:Hi

I was married with a girl but unfortunatelly marriage came to an end and divorced. She came to UK with me in 2011 and went back to Pakistan in 2011. Then later divorced was proceeded in Pakistan in 2012. She was my dependent. I wrote to Home Office and UK embassy in Pakistan about my situation and update.

Now, I got married again last month. I need to apply my Wife's visa.

I have couple of questions related to my case.

Note: (I am on Tier-1 General Visa)

1. Divorce was done in Pak. Do I need UK court Decree or Pakistani Divorce will be enough as a proof with for Foreign office attestation? (Girl went back to Pakistan and we proceeded Divorce in Pak).

2. My visa will expire in Jan-2013 (Then I need to apply for ILR) but I am intending to apply my Wife's visa in July 2012 (7 months will be left to expeire my visa from July). Shall ECO reject my Wife's Visa application due to short time of my visa expiration (7 months)?

I will really appreciate the reply from anyone and especially from one who was on the same boat as I am. Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Sher J
Sorry I am New on this I made this query twice

Hi ,

Best option is you wait for ILR and apply dpendent visa for your wife . Your case complex and in my opinion , it will consume some time so it's better you go for ILR , get it stamped and than call your wife on dependent visa . Yes! 7 months factor is quiet crucial in your case as well mate!
Thanks

Ali

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 pm

You were married according to pakistan law so you need divorce papers from pakistan. Just make sure they are in english.

7 months is not a short time. Mine was 4 months even then they issued visa.[/quote]

Thank you very much for reply.

One thing, I need to mention that It does not matter where you married now a days marriage of any(most of) religion/culture/custom recognized by British Law. So even you are Muslim, Hindu, Seikh etc. your marriage will be recognised by British Law. In that case if you are living in UK you need to divorce according to British Law. But in my case, due to girl went back home so I did not have a option but to proceed the divorce in Pakistan. I am bit confuse.... :-(

Just need to ask you about your visa. Were you on Tier-1 General at that time. I know that it does not matter what visa you were but I am asking for the sake of info. Also, need to ask that I would be entitled to apply for ILR in 2013 and If my wife get the visa in July 2012, would she be able to apply for ILR at the same time as me?

Thanks
Last edited by sherjan on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:06 pm

aliq09 wrote:
sherjan wrote:Hi

Hi ,

Best option is you wait for ILR and apply dpendent visa for your wife . Your case complex and in my opinion , it will consume some time so it's better you go for ILR , get it stamped and than call your wife on dependent visa . Yes! 7 months factor is quiet crucial in your case as well mate!
Hi Ali

Thanks for your reply.

I know the criticality of my case. I was considering that factor which just you mentioned but even after my ILR I need to apply her visa with the same documentation. As Shargaur mentioned that he/or his wife got visa with a short time of visa expiration. So, I will apply with faith.

My only big concern was that I was reading somewhere that people need UK court decree for divorce but I am still not sure that will this rule apply in my case? or this rule just apply for those who are UK nationals.

Second concern I have the time limit of my visa expiration. Anyhow, Let see.

But I will appreciate more people to give feedback if they got spouse visa with a short time of their visa expiration.

Kind Regards

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:45 pm

One of my friend's wife got tier 1 dependent VISA when my friend's visa was valid only for 20 days, So I would say 7 months is a long period.

This is just my personal opinion.

Thanks

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:30 pm

tahirnaveed wrote:One of my friend's wife got tier 1 dependent VISA when my friend's visa was valid only for 20 days, So I would say 7 months is a long period.

This is just my personal opinion.

Thanks
Thanks tahirnaveed!

That's very encouraging feedback. This gives me confidence. Can you also confirm how much money I should show for three months in my bank account is it £533 or £800 or £1600? Bit confusing...first time when I applied for my 1st wife I had nearly £1800 so I did not have to worry about. But now I am not sure. Any help?

Thanks

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:40 pm

My previous wife had also granted dependent visa. I submitted Pakistani Divorce certificate (attested by foreign office) with new wife’s documents. Pakistani Divorce Certificate was fine. One extra thing I have done that I updated Home Office and British High Commission Pakistan as soon as my previous relationship break down.
Later, I also sent HO and BHC Islamabad Tier-1 change of circumstances form when I got Divorce Certificate. I think informing HO and BHC during any change of circumstances process (not only divorce related) help you to avoid any complication in future. Remember, always keep the record of your correspondence whether HO reply or not.

Things Including with visa application
1. Marriage invitation and some marriage pictures as a proof
2. My Passport photocopy + Copy of Tier 1 (General) Visa
3. Salary Slip – one month
4. Letter of Employment
5. Bank Statements - Covering 3 months (£1100, £1200, £1400)
6. My Previous Marriage Divorce Certificate (computerized and attested by Foreign Office). Also, I have attached a separate cover letter for that.

Visa issued

IFFI2013
Newly Registered

Dependent divorce in pakistan

Post by IFFI2013 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 pm

sherjan wrote:My previous wife had also granted dependent visa. I submitted Pakistani Divorce certificate (attested by foreign office) with new wife’s documents. Pakistani Divorce Certificate was fine. One extra thing I have done that I updated Home Office and British High Commission Pakistan as soon as my previous relationship break down.
Later, I also sent HO and BHC Islamabad Tier-1 change of circumstances form when I got Divorce Certificate. I think informing HO and BHC during any change of circumstances process (not only divorce related) help you to avoid any complication in future. Remember, always keep the record of your correspondence whether HO reply or not.

4. Letter of Employment
6. My Previous Marriage Divorce Certificate (computerized and attested by Foreign Office). Also, I have attached a separate cover letter for that.

Visa issued

hi dear I am also in the same situation, I need help regarding how can I get divorce certificate from Pakistan while I am in UK?

IFFI2013
Newly Registered

Dependent divorce in pakistan

Post by IFFI2013 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:47 pm

sherjan wrote:My previous wife had also granted dependent visa. I submitted Pakistani Divorce certificate (attested by foreign office) with new wife’s documents. Pakistani Divorce Certificate was fine. One extra thing I have done that I updated Home Office and British High Commission Pakistan as soon as my previous relationship break down.

4. Letter of Employment

Visa issued

hi dear I am also in the same situation, I need help regarding how can I get divorce certificate from Pakistan while I am in UK?