ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

40,000 pounds, I think I made it! ? Can someone help?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LindaElane
Newly Registered

40,000 pounds, I think I made it! ? Can someone help?

Post by LindaElane » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:54 pm

Can anyone help me!

I think I have met the requirement to make 40,000 pounds in the last 12 months. If I have, then I will have the points for HSMP, but if not, then I won't.

I'm a United States teacher, so my paystubs run from Aug 6, 2004 until July 21, 2005.

I made (including summer school) $71,212 as of my final pay on July 21.

I have a news article stating that the exchange rate on July 26 was 1.7444. This means $69,776 was enough! With gross pay of $71,212 I should be over, I think....but...

Am I? Can some please, please help?????

The problem is that I had deductions for retirement. Retirement to the state of Arizona, social security, medicare, etc.

(1) Question One: My "gross" is stated as $71,212. My "FICA wages" are stated as $71, 212. But they have a column called "tax gross". It is less than $69,000 because of deductions given to state retirement and possibly some other things. Will HSMP count my "gross" or my "FICA" or do you think they will turn me down because of the requirement that the wages be "taxable"? FICA is what is taxable by the FEDS, according to my payroll dept head. Can anyone help.??

(2) Question Two: I didn't save my pay stubs. I have a "payroll register" printed out on letter head from my school district and a letter from the head of the district payroll department stating how much I made. Do you think this will be enough? Or will I actually get turned down because I did not save my pay stubs? (Know any computer experts who will recreate genuine documented paystubs, with my districts permission, for pay?) My tax forms are no good, because they are for calendar year, and I only made enough during the fiscal year, not the calendar year.