ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Affidavit for change of appearance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kyborg99

Affidavit for change of appearance

Post by kyborg99 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Apologies, I know this is not the correct forum, but I didn't know here else to post this.

I need t renew my sons Indian passport and wanted to ask:

1. His first passport which he got when he was an infant is about to expire, he is now 5 years old so wanted to ask do we have to fill the 'Affidavit for change of appearance (Minor child)' form even though the change of appearance is because of natural ageing please?

2. If yes, how much is the fee please? The website says
Issue of fresh passport/ Re-issue of Passport to minor child £36.00
AND Affidavits in connection with various Passport services(This can be sworn at the High Commission) £20.00

But at the bottom it says 'An additional fee of £ 2.00 per application is collected as 'Consular Surcharge' for all Passport services. The additional fee is inclusive of the above fees'

So I wanted to ask if the £36 and £20 includes the fees then? or should I pay £38 and £22 instead?

3. Also, can I pay £36 + £20 fee together via a single cross cheque? or 2 separate?
And who do I address/Pay to the cheque to?

Please assist.
Thanks & Regards,
KB

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Re: Affidavit for change of appearance

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:09 pm

kyborg99 wrote:Apologies, I know this is not the correct forum, but I didn't know here else to post this.

I need t renew my sons Indian passport and wanted to ask:

1. His first passport which he got when he was an infant is about to expire, he is now 5 years old so wanted to ask do we have to fill the 'Affidavit for change of appearance (Minor child)' form even though the change of appearance is because of natural ageing please?
YES
2. If yes, how much is the fee please? The website says
Issue of fresh passport/ Re-issue of Passport to minor child £36.00
AND Affidavits in connection with various Passport services(This can be sworn at the High Commission) £20.00

But at the bottom it says 'An additional fee of £ 2.00 per application is collected as 'Consular Surcharge' for all Passport services. The additional fee is inclusive of the above fees'

So I wanted to ask if the £36 and £20 includes the fees then? or should I pay £38 and £22 instead?

3. Also, can I pay £36 + £20 fee together via a single cross cheque? or 2 separate?
And who do I address/Pay to the cheque to?
Email them info.london@hcilondon.in. They normally reply/call in 24-hours.
I have not done a 2nd passport for kid. But, I think, it may be like newborn passport. You first get the affidavit done and later you apply for passport.
Please do share the outcome with me when you know

Please assist.
Thanks & Regards,
KB

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 am

hi,
My son's passport was issued when he was only 4 months and expired only couple of years ago. So had to apply for a new passport. I did not do any "change of appearance" affidavit. Simply downloaded the form and went to birmingham embassy along with the kids with my passport.

You do not need the affidavit. I think, its only in the case of when someone changes his/her sex! Natural changes always occurs.

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:54 am

You are required to submit change-of-appearance for a minor.

https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html
Question:Do all applicants need a Change of Appearance Affidavit?
Answer:When there is a significant difference in appearance of the applicant compared to the photograph on the previous passport, a change in appearance affidavit is required. In case of minors, a change in appearance affidavit is required at every renewal up to the age of 15.