ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age requirement for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ozi8500
Newly Registered

Age requirement for Tier 1

Post by ozi8500 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Hello all,

I've got a quick concern regarding age requirement for Tier 1 general..

I got my fist application approved in December 2010 for 2 years (age 26)

Second extension for three years in December 2012 for 3 years (age 28)

My ILR is due in December 2015 but i might have to leave the country for few months next year so I'm thinking of getting another extension for 3 years before Tier 1 General extension route closes in April 2015.

Considering above timeline I would be over 30 when I'll go for my ILR and points based calculator says I'm not going to get the same points as my initial application.

I'm really worried and wants to know is this something I've to take care of now?

Thanks in advance

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Age requirement for Tier 1

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi,
If you entered UK with 90 days from your initial visa start date, no need to go for another extension. Because you can able to out of country for 180days providing employers letter. So you can go for ILR in Dec 2015.

Regarding your points against your age, We all claim the same points when your initial visa granted i.e Dec 2010 time. So no worries.

Regards,
Suresh