ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application form for ILR dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mr Ali
Newly Registered

Application form for ILR dependent

Post by Mr Ali » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi I have got ILR from tier1 General route in November 2014, my wife has been in UK for almost a year on tier 1 dependents visa.
Question: Now to extend my wife’s stay in UK do I need to apply as ILR dependent or Tier 1 dependent. I could not see any form related to ILR dependent. Could anyone please let me know which form I need to use to extend her stay in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application form for ILR dependent

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:24 pm

She can continue to extend as Tier 1 dependent on the PBS Dependent form until she qualifies for ILR.

If she switched to ILR dependent on form FLR(M), it will resent her ILR clock to zero and she will have to wait a further 5 years from the date of this visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mr Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Ali » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi CR001,
thank you for replying me back, I was looking for FLR(M) form which states;

''As the partner of a person granted indefinite leave to remain in a work route, if you are currently
in the UK as their dependant. See our website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/visasimmigration''

This gives me impression that I can not use this form for my wife's visa extension as I have got ILR from tier 1 General visa route. Do you still think that I can use FLR(M)?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:04 pm

You can use FLR(M) if you want to, it is your choice, it will reset the ILR qualifying period to zero and any time she has already been in the UK cannot be counted, but she could continue to extend as a Tier 1 dependent.

The link you have quoted does not open.

The link for FRL(M) is here : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

PBS Dependent policy guidance link below. page iii point 2 bullet point 2

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mr Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Ali » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:08 pm

Thank you CR001 for your prompt reply and I have got that Tier 1 general PBS route can be a choice. But the purpose of looking into FLR(M) is that it saves me 1000 pounds each time I apply for her extension and I am not worrying about resetting time. but I have a confusion according to this point mentioned below (link is given in the end) we can not use FLR(M), what you think does she qualifies for FLR(M) form or not?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

page 2 last bullet in point 1. Please see the link, will be waiting for your reply.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:23 am

She can switch to FLR(M), many on the forum have done it and it is your choice. I do understand the cost issue, quite a difference.

As long as you meet the financial requirement and she meets the English A1 requirement, should be ok for FLR(M)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mr Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Ali » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi CR001 we do get that point but in FLR(M) form it's written that You must not use this form to make an application for an extension of stay in the following
categories:
(one of them is)
As the partner of a person granted indefinite leave to remain in a work route, if you are currently in the UK as their dependant. See our website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Can you please shed some light on this question so that we can proceed further.

Regards

san3885
Newly Registered

Post by san3885 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Hello Mr Ali,
Please do mention, which application did you use for this FLR(M) or dependent?