ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1 Dependent Visas

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uktier123
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1 Dependent Visas

Post by uktier123 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi
I am trying to understand the process and constraints in applying for Tier 1 dependent visa.

Here is my situation -

I have a Tier 1 (general) visa initially issued in Jan 2011 and renewed in 2013 currently valid till 2016. Though I have the visa, I been working outside of UK all this time but want to come to UK now, look for a job and settledown.

Since I haven't worked and lived there using the visa earlier, I never applied visa for my family (wife and 3 year old kid) either in 2011 or 2013. Now that I have decided to go, please advise me the process of applying for their visas. I heard various rules like I need to maintain bank balance, show proofs 6 months payslips, rent a two bed apartment, show the lease etc..etc..

Currently I am in Australia and my family is in India. They were with me in Australia till this April and went to India with my plan to be in UK and then to join me once I get a job and get Visa for them

I would truly appreciate if someone can help me with clear details and process.

Cheers

O_Relly

Re: Applying for Tier 1 Dependent Visas

Post by O_Relly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:03 pm

It has already been announced that Tier 1 Visa extensions are to end by April 2015, and options for Tier 1 General Visa holders to settle by April 2018.

See,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 45715.html

So if you were to extend your visa in April 2015, which will give you additional 3 years, you will still need 2 years to be eligible for ILR in the Tier 1 General category. Alternatives are you come in, get your additional 3 years, and then switch into another eligible category (not going to be straightforward) to be able to settle later on.

Applying for your dependents to move with you should be no hassle, as long as you satisfy the maintenance fund requirement to be able to support your 2 dependents.
Cheers,
OR

uktier123
Newly Registered

Post by uktier123 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi O Relly,
Thank you very much for the reply.

This is scaring to me. I have been wanting to come and settle in UK and get extension before I apply for ILR. I didn't know these rules of 2015. I misunderstood 2018 date as last extension. Else I would have come and lived from Day 1 of my visa.

Please could you help advise with these
1. Can I apply for extension in April 2015, which is about 9-10 months before my actual expiry of the current Tier 1 (expires in Jan 2016). Won't there be a query that I am applying much earlier.
2. Even if they extend till April 2018, like you said I am still short of upto 1 1/2 years to apply for ILR. What options are available to further extend and submit my ILR. What happens to people like me. Is moving from Tier1 to Tier2 then possible and eligible for ILR.
3. For dependents you said that sufficient funds is the only criteria to apply for them. Can I show the funds availability from the bank outside of UK, immediately apply from India after I enter UK. If not, I have a bank account to where I can transfer immediately. Don't I need to show payslips, rental agreements etc.

I screwed up my chances of straight forward ILR. What possible options I have now. I am currently in Aus with good job but I want to settle down in UK. Please advise.

Cheers

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 am

1. Yes, you can apply for an extension in April 2015 inspite of having additional time ib your visa.

2. Yes you will still be short, so you will have to switch into Tier 2 General, which is finding an employer who is willing to sponsor you. There are other categories such as Tier 1 Entrepreneur / Exceptional talent / Investor to consider switching into, but not for the kinds that are looking for a regular day job as the name suggests. Read up more in the UKVI site.

3. Yes you can use maintenance funds from an Indian bank account, rental agreement and salary proof are not required.
You need not be in the UK for them to apply for dependent visa from India. Read the policy guidelines for dependents from the UKVI site.
Cheers,
OR

uktier123
Newly Registered

Post by uktier123 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi O Relly
Thanks a lot again for detailed replies.

I have a few further queries please.

1. Can I extend the visa earlier than 2015, say, come now and extend immediately. If I come and look for a job and try to extend in April 2015, due to the gap I may miss 12 months continuity and points for earnings.

2. In case I get extension now or in 2015, will the visa be extended for 3 years from date of application or will it be extended for 3 years from my current visa expiry date (Jan 2016 to Jan 2019)

3. If I am able to find a Tier 2 sponsor after 2018, is it a real possibility to be eligible for ILR with mix of Tier 1 and Tier 2.

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks

uktier123
Newly Registered

Post by uktier123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 am

Hi O Relly, all
sorry I have a couple more questions please.

1. If I am not allowed to apply for my extension now, what is the latest date before April 2015 I can apply for it. As I mentioned above, my visa is valid till January 2016 and till when will it be extended.

2. Since I am claiming earnings from Australia, can I add Superannuation amount into my gross income. Its my money paid by employer as part of superannuation. If I leave the country before retirement, I can take if after government taxes.

Cheers

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:34 am

You can extend anytime and you will get 3 years frlm the time the decision is made. So coming now and extending is not so much of an advantage as it will leave you with 3 years from the date decision is made. Coming now and extending in April 2015 will give you some additional time.

Yes a mix of Tier 1 General and Tier 2 General is allowed for ILR, although Tier 1 psw and Tier 2 ICT (post April 2010) is not allowed. Read calculating continous period for ILR from the UKVI site. Bear in mind this is the case today, and may change again in the future.

Regarding supaerannuation, I think the answer is no, read the Tier 1 General policy guidelines document.
Cheers,
OR

uktier123
Newly Registered

Post by uktier123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:49 am

Thanks O'Relly. I am clear now on rules and its on me to plan ahead.

I left a query in some other thread on Early Extension and extension just for 3 years before I read your reply here. I hope there are no issues to extend for 3 years even though I am not eligible for ILR.

Cheers