ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dfc2013
Newly Registered

Bank Statement Query

Post by Dfc2013 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:05 am

Hi my friend is applying for a general visa to visit me and my family in the UK for 8 weeks. Do you have to show 6 months bank statements or is 4 okay?

Also aswell as my friends stated salary going into their bank they also have deposited sums of money throughout the summer as extra money from their job, and lived on this money during the summer whilst saving salaries for the visa. Should we write a cover letter to explain this extra money? Also should we add that they still have 2 more salaries.

One standing out deposit is of 2000 lira where they sold a games console and had previously leant money to a friend, should we explain this but this money has also been spent since on pleasure during the summer.

bhp

Re: Bank Statement Query

Post by bhp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:33 am

Three months of bank statements is required.

However for these 3 months, show a steady stream of income i.e show payslips from constant employment and the money from it going into your bank account (highlight the credit line in your bank statement). You can mention that you earn from a second job as well but say that in cover letter only if you have proof of that and include the proof as well.

Your Net amount from your main job should be large enough to support your guests otherwise the visa granting officer will suspect your story because lot of people borrow money from others just before being a sponsor to others.

The criteria is not just having an amount in the bank but also showing a steady income to support yourself and the new guest arriving, otherwise how can the officer believe you to be a genuine sponsor?

Hope that helps.
BHP