ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Circumstances Form to notify name change?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aani

Change of Circumstances Form to notify name change?

Post by Aani » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 am

Dear All,

I am a Tier 1 Visa holder. I recently got married and I added my husband's name in my passport as Spouse, an observation made by Indian Embassy and all my official documents now holds married Surname (Like my bank statements, NHS records, Rental agreement, Utility bills everything holds my new Surname now)

Now, I would like to notify UKBA about my surname change, Can I use change of Circumstances form? I read through the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... umstances/ and it seems I can use it for name change,

Personal details
Name change: Provide the current full name and title of the migrant. Evidence of the name change, such as a marriage certificate or deed poll, should be provided.

Also, there is one more thing which holds my previous name, My NI number records, Can someone tell me how to change my surname in NI records.

The reason I am changing all through the documents is I will be applying for dependant VISA for my husband very soon and I want all the records to be consistent.

Many thanks for the help in advance,
Aani

anandjain80
Newly Registered

Post by anandjain80 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:23 pm

I am in similar situation now as you were. Can you please provide me information on what you did to inform home office about the surname change? Did you just sent them the circumstance change form with the photocopy of marriage certificate and new passport?

thanks in advance.

-Anand