ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deception ILR refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

argus7
Wales

Re: deception ILR refused

Post by argus7 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:05 pm

4s6s wrote:
argus7 wrote:There used to be a process HMRC updated Employment history , But they used to refer to a P46 and P45. I am not sure how things have changed since RTI in 2013

One thing is for sure with HO , if an employer has paid an employee (applicant) with NI and tax deductions HO will check that and if no record found they will use 322(2) deception, even if there is no fault of the applicant because HMRC has got no data from P46/45 and the tax code.

And I don't think that can be challenged in the court according to the new ILR refusal guidance being published.
Really?? They would pin that on the applicant even when its not his/her fault?? So you reckon nothing can be done about it and the applicant has to accept whatever the decision UKBA makes??? :shock:

And what do you mean by being published..?? You already knew the guidelines before they got out...??? :o
Yes HO publishes the guidance under grounds your visa and settlement can de refused. This was always there 322 (2) has been around for many years!

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:11 pm

4s6s wrote:
argus7 wrote:There used to be a process HMRC updated Employment history , But they used to refer to a P46 and P45. I am not sure how things have changed since RTI in 2013

One thing is for sure with HO , if an employer has paid an employee (applicant) with NI and tax deductions HO will check that and if no record found they will use 322(2) deception, even if there is no fault of the applicant because HMRC has got no data from P46/45 and the tax code.

And I don't think that can be challenged in the court according to the new ILR refusal guidance being published.
Really?? They would pin that on the applicant even when its not his/her fault?? So you reckon nothing can be done about it and the applicant has to accept whatever the decision UKBA makes??? :shock:

And what do you mean by being published..?? You already knew the guidelines before they got out...??? :o
Yes HO does care where the employee worked and if his/her PAYE tax is not paid its deception in their view and cannot be challenged. As k this this to any good competent IMMIGRATION lawyer and he will point out the statutory instrument and statue that HO gets a benefit of doubt.

Any firm hiring any employee must submit a P45 /P46 isnt it? whether fulltime or part time or secondary source of income.

Bri2015
Newly Registered

Post by Bri2015 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi folks,

Caseworker mentioned, T1 General had been cheated by many peoples and he checks each and every applicant for last 5 year work history. Also he mentioned he is experienced case worker. This was happened at PEO. And one of the best solicitor advised me that always postal application is best.

Thank you

Bri

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu May 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Bri2015 wrote:Hi folks,

Caseworker mentioned, T1 General had been cheated by many peoples and he checks each and every applicant for last 5 year work history. Also he mentioned he is experienced case worker. This was happened at PEO. And one of the best solicitor advised me that always postal application is best.

Thank you

Bri

Regardless postal or PEO, the check is same in fact its very convenient to do PEO application as ifbthey have a doubt they can ask. While at Postal it will create more delay and headache when you see the brown envelope sitting at your door step.

If your track record is genuine then there will be no issue at all.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

vv76
Newly Registered

Post by vv76 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:05 am

bri2015

can you answer the following questions please

1. did you appear in person for your ilr ? or they called you for an interview after your initial application?

2. did they gave you the refusal letter on the same day of interview or did you receive it through post?#

3. if you received refusal letter by post how long after the interview at peo? did they mention anytime line by which you should leave the country?

4. did your refusal letter mention about 10 year reentry ban for deception?

can you please answer me please. my boyfriend has applied for ILR and he has been called for an interview at solihull peo

he had payed less tax in his initial T1 general ,so we all worried.

please guys can anyone shed some light. if its going to be a 10 year ban for deception , we are thinking of withdrawing his application and we can get married next year in his home country so i can bring him back here.

please help asap x

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 am

vv76 wrote:bri2015

1. did you appear in person for your ilr ? or they called you for an interview after your initial application?

2. did they gave you the refusal letter on the same day of interview or did you receive it through post?#

3. if you received refusal letter by post how long after the interview at peo? did they mention anytime line by which you should leave the country?

Hi

How much total income your boyfriend showed in Tier 1 General initial application was it only self employed or employment too and now for ILR he showed earnings from employment or self employment or both.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

can you please answer me please. my boyfriend has applied for ILR and he has been called for an interview at solihull peo

please guys can anyone shed some light. if its going to be a 10 year ban for deception , we are thinking of withdrawing his application and we can get married next year in his home country so i can bring him back here.

please help asap x

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:22 am

KASHIF830 wrote:
vv76 wrote:bri2015

Hi

How much total income your boyfriend showed in Tier 1 General initial application was it only self employed or employment too and now for ILR he showed earnings from employment or self employment or both.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

please help asap x
Hi

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri May 08, 2015 10:24 am

vv76 wrote:
Hi

do you mean to say that on his initial application;

1) he showed a certain amount and after getting the visa, he later on amended the return and paid less tax?

2) or, he didn't amend his tax return but hasn't paid the whole amount of tax due yet?

Wouldn't the sensible thing to do is to have sorted out his tax affairs first before he applied?

Edit; Also, does he have a valid leave to remain still?

I think Char pointed the scenario re the valid leave to remain in another thread; someone else will come along and expand on this soon hopefully.

vv76
Newly Registered

Post by vv76 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:38 am

he showed 34800 as gross income and claimed 2500 expensed so he showed net income of 32300

he applied in sep 2010 for his t1g , only 4 months into 2010-2011 tax year so the account was not fully audited . he occured further expenses for the tax year so his final net income was 27600 .

when the accountant gave letter he mentioned the account was not fully audited . but in the forum few guys got refused for this discripencies.

do we are thinking of withdrawing the application incase it was refused with 10 year ban.

can anyone got a 10 year ban for tax deception , can you guys help please . we are desperate

askhan

Post by askhan » Fri May 08, 2015 10:44 am

vv76 wrote:he showed 34800 as gross income and claimed 2500 expensed so he showed net income of 32300

he applied in sep 2010 for his t1g , only 4 months into 2010-2011 tax year so the account was not fully audited . he occured further expenses for the tax year so his final net income was 27600 .

when the accountant gave letter he mentioned the account was not fully audited . but in the forum few guys got refused for this discripencies.

do we are thinking of withdrawing the application incase it was refused with 10 year ban.

can anyone got a 10 year ban for tax deception , can you guys help please . we are desperate

Hi Mate .

Enough said on this topic, but unfortunately this is "DECEPTION" becasue HO gave visa on 32300, and now if you're paying tax on 27600 it's not acceptable as the points given to earning on 32300 not on 27600.
You just need to pray that some miracle happen and he would not be grilled.

Hope for the best.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri May 08, 2015 10:55 am

vv76 wrote:he showed 34800 as gross income and claimed 2500 expensed so he showed net income of 32300

Hi,

If he applied in September, that would have been 5-6 months into the tax year, depending on which date on September he applied.

Yes, it's entirely possible that further expenses were incurred during the rest of the tax year.
From what you wrote, the income remained the same but the expenses increased.

HMRC allows tax returns to be amended for both income and expenses.
The flexibility to amend a tax return is not limited to income. It extends to expenses as well.
The keyword being genuine and you have evidence of both.
Income you would have received in your bank, expenses you would have paid out of your bank.

On the basis that £34,800 was the final income declared on the last amended return ( as this was what was declared on the initial application ) and it was the genuine income which was received during the tax year and the additional £4,700 was genuine allowable expenses and your boyfriend has kept the records of these expenses, I can't see why you would have a problem.

I would add this; that I don't know how HO works so I can't comment on their decision.
Last edited by hellonewhere on Fri May 08, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:59 am

Omg ,see the expenses should be legitimate ,like you need to have proper bills,invoices .you
Can't just say expenses and pay less tax.And what kind of accountant is this who helps his clients pay less tax .

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:07 am

askhan wrote:

Hi Mate .

Enough said on this topic, but unfortunately this is "DECEPTION" becasue HO gave visa on 32300, and now if you're paying tax on 27600 it's not acceptable as the points given to earning on 32300 not on 27600.

Hope for the best.
Hi A Khan

If he applied in September 2010 so how can he apply for ILR because 5 years completes in September 2015. And 2nd after 19 July any need to have 80 points and for earnings minimum is £ 35000 which is 20 points. I assume that he also showed income from Employment. And what about extension application did he also claim income from self employed.

Did apply ILR on the basis of Tier1 General or 10 years basis because according to date his 5 years completes in September 2015.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

askhan

Post by askhan » Fri May 08, 2015 11:12 am

KASHIF830 wrote:
askhan wrote:

I second that.. I think his girl friend should give us more detail.

Hi Mate .

Hope for the best.
Hi A Khan

If he applied in September 2010 so how can he apply for ILR because 5 years completes in September 2015. And 2nd after 19 July any need to have 80 points and for earnings minimum is £ 35000 which is 20 points. I assume that he also showed income from Employment. And what about extension application did he also claim income from self employed.

Did apply ILR on the basis of Tier1 General or 10 years basis because according to date his 5 years completes in September 2015.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

vv76
Newly Registered

Post by vv76 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:45 am

sorry tier 1 initial application was on september 2009 and ilr application was feb2015. MY BF DID BOTH HIS BACHELORS AND MASTERS DEGREE IN UK . HE HAS BEEN IN THE UK NEARLY 14 YRS . WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR NEARLY 4 YEARS.

HE SHOULD HAVE APPLIED USING ilr ( LR) INSTEAD OF ILR (O) . ALL HIS INCOME WHERE LEGITIMATE BUT HE SHOWED MORE EXPENSES TO HMRC BECAUSE HE HAD INCURRED 7 MONTH WORTH OF EXPENSES AFTER HIS APPLICATION . WHICH WAS IN SEPTEMBER 2009 AND TAX YEAR END IS IN APRIL.

MY QUESTION IS WOULD YOU GUYS THINK IT WOULD BE WISE TO WITHDRAW HIS APPLICATION , TO AVOID REFUSAL AS DECEPTION .
I DONT WANT HIM BANNED FOR 10 YEARS .

I HAVE APPLIED FOR DIVORCE 3 YEARS AGO BUT MY FINAL DECREE HAS NOT COME YET , SO WE CANNOT GET MARRIED AT THE MOMENT.
IF HE WITHDRAWS HIS APPLICATION AND RETURNS BACK HOME WE MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE TO GET MARRIED NEXT YEAR ATLEAST HE WILL HAVE A CHANCE COMING BACK.

SO ANYONE KNOW ABOUT 10 YEAR BAN FOR DECEPTION,
HAS ANYONE WHO GOT REFUSED FOR PREVIOUS EARNINGS MISINFORMATION WITH 10 YEAR RE-ENTRY BAN

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri May 08, 2015 12:07 pm

@vv76 - unless the tax year ( april to april ) and his initial application ( september to september) was the same dates, there's bound to be discrepancies between the two. This is just common sense.

If the income and further expenses incurred was genuine and your boyfriend has proof of these in terms of invoices and the same being deducted from his bank account, I don't see why the information given on the initial application was misinformation?

If on the day of the interview, your boyfriend takes all his bank statements with him for the tax year and shows the CW the evidence, is there any reason why he would be alleged of deception?

I wish you good luck.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 pm

@vv76,

I will add this for you;

Your boyfriend needs to have his bank statement ready from april to april for the tax year, demonstrating that he received £34,800 in fees and paid out £7,200 in expenses.

He needs to match these with their invoices.

Take all this to the interview and he stands in a better position to explain himself.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi

I don't know why Home office called your BF for an interview when he applied on 10 years. 6 of my known people who applied on 10 years got ILR even they showed self employment income in their Tier 1 General initial and extension application and the self employment earnings were from £ 22000 to £35000 a part from employment. Someone had to show total income £30000 and one of them had showed £55000 in both Tier 1 General initial and extension application. BUT as far as I know that NO ONE even paid tax even more than £500. But it was their Luck to get ILR on 10 years basis .Because they complete 10 yeras before Tier 1 General expiry date. And one of them just got 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

vv76
Newly Registered

Post by vv76 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:53 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi

I don't know why Home office called your BF for an interview when he applied on 10 years. 6 of my known people who applied on 10 years got ILR even they showed self employment income in their Tier 1 General initial and extension application and the self employment earnings were from £ 22000 to £35000 a part from employment. Someone had to show total income £30000 and one of them had showed £55000 in both Tier 1 General initial and extension application. BUT as far as I know that NO ONE even paid tax even more than £500. But it was their Luck to get ILR on 10 years basis .Because they complete 10 yeras before Tier 1 General expiry date. And one of them just got 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

kashif he applied for ilr (0) 5 year route , even though he has been in the country since September 2001 he as been a student for 5 years ,done ( bsc and msc )psw, igs ( 2years)and tier 1 5 years.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:09 pm

vv76 wrote:

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

kashif he applied for ilr (0) 5 year route , even though he has been in the country since September 2001 he as been a student for 5 years ,done ( bsc and msc )psw, igs ( 2years)and tier 1 5 years.

@vv76

Ok but how did you assume that Home office will ask about tax issue or did they wrote in letter which they sent for interview. And did your BF has also used self employed income in this ILR and what about Tier 1 General extension did he pay full tax on which he claimed earnings points.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

Bri2015
Newly Registered

Post by Bri2015 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi vv76,

At PEO, caseworker called me for interview when I provide Bio metric. Interviewed for nearly 30 minutes. After 5 hours ILR has been refused due deception income in 2010. No band for 10 years.

I would advise, do the amendment with HMRC before go for an interview. Has your BF paid tax for all 5 years of self employment. If you say yes, Then do the calculation with accountant again and go for an interview. If you say no, then pay the tax for that particular year completely [whatever net profit your BF showed HO].

I would strictly advise seek Solicitor and go for an interview. I knew very good solicitor, If you need I am happy to help you out. When is your interview? You can win either way.

Thank you
Bri

askhan

Post by askhan » Fri May 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
HI Mate,

Not a good Idea to share the dodgy bit what people has done and evade taxes, no wonder because these culprits most of the genuine people are suffering and just to let you know HO closely monitor this board. So please avoid sharing examples like this.

Just a honest request

THanks
Akbar
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:30 pm

askhan wrote:

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
HI Mate,

Not a good Idea to share the dodgy bit what people has done and evade taxes, no wonder because these culprits most of the genuine people are suffering and just to let you know HO closely monitor this board. So please avoid sharing examples like this.

Just a honest request

THanks
Akbar
Hi Akbar

Thanks for inform but thats what I got frustrated that many of us genuine people suffering from those ones thats why I shared and I dont know how to delete the post if you know so let me know I can delete.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

vv76
Newly Registered

Post by vv76 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi kashif

we are just assuming that might be the issue as we cannot foresee any other issue , the letter says 'we need further information in order to process your application. please bring this letter for you appointment as proof , failure to attend will result in refusal of the application'

thats the snapshot of the letter.

KASHIF830 wrote:
vv76 wrote:

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

@vv76

Ok but how did you assume that Home office will ask about tax issue or did they wrote in letter which they sent for interview. And did your BF has also used self employed income in this ILR and what about Tier 1 General extension did he pay full tax on which he claimed earnings points.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

Bri2015
Newly Registered

Post by Bri2015 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi Guys

Some of you sent me PM and I am replying here for you all.

If HO dont see any records in HMRC for your PAYE or self employment, Then there will be a high chance for deception. Even if it is genuine income.

Contact your clients again for your all invoices if your can. No harm doing that.

Request SA302 from HMRC for last 5 years.

Provide your job descriptions if they ask in interview.

To be honest most of the case workers does not have the knowledge what you have.

They dont know how tax system work, HMRC, ACCOUNTANT JOB descriptions , IT consultant job descriptions etc..

Case workers just wanted to refuse the application for no reasons.

Thank you
Bri