ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant application in 5th year of Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Senonthachil

Dependant application in 5th year of Tier 1

Post by Senonthachil » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Hello All,

I am in UK on Tier 1 General prior to April 2010. I have the extension valid till may 2015 which will make me eligible for ILR.
Now that I am bringing my spouse to UK by July 2014;
1. Would my dependant be getting the visa valid only till may 2015 as mine is expiring then?
2. Will the new rule to restrict the extension only till 2015 be a problem for my spouse to get the visa renewals; after may 2015? or is it applicable only to main applicant?
3. Since I already have my current extension till may 2015; how much money should I show as maintenance fund for the dependant application? (only dependant application is filed now; and its happening outside the country and the website info is bit confusing) Since its a application from India; should the money be in my account or in my spouse's account where she is making the application?

Thanks in advance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helped me all the way to make my appication on 19th March 2010 and living in Uk since then!

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant application in 5th year of Tier 1

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:28 pm

As per my knowledge, extension for tier 1 visa was stopped. But not for dependent. And you can show maintenance money either your uk account or an equivalent indian account on your name or your wifes name also fine. For me i showed my UK back statements. Once you receive ur ILR, You can extend your wifes tier1 dependent visa or can apply for FLR .

Regards,
Suresh

mightypower

Re: Dependant application in 5th year of Tier 1

Post by mightypower » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Senonthachil wrote:Hello All,

I am in UK on Tier 1 General prior to April 2010. I have the extension valid till may 2015 which will make me eligible for ILR.
Now that I am bringing my spouse to UK by July 2014;
1. Would my dependant be getting the visa valid only till may 2015 as mine is expiring then?
2. Will the new rule to restrict the extension only till 2015 be a problem for my spouse to get the visa renewals; after may 2015? or is it applicable only to main applicant?
3. Since I already have my current extension till may 2015; how much money should I show as maintenance fund for the dependant application? (only dependant application is filed now; and its happening outside the country and the website info is bit confusing) Since its a application from India; should the money be in my account or in my spouse's account where she is making the application?

Thanks in advance
1. Visa will be valid only until May 2015
2. Only to main applicant. Dependant visa is always available depending on ur status.
3. 950+600 for 90 days untouched in UK account. Or equivalent in Indian account, it could be in urs or wives account, doesnt matter.