ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for ILR Status

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srini2k2ch
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for ILR Status

Post by srini2k2ch » Fri May 08, 2015 9:50 am

Hi Guys

I am sorry if I posted in wrong thread, I got granted my ILR yesterday in Solihull PEO very nice n smoothly. I am glad for that.
I need to apply dependent visa for my wife, can any one help me on what application form I have to fill and the process of the application bit more briefly. I heard it is different from tier1 general dependent. Please advise me, that will be more appreciated.

Thanks
Sri

hsyasin

Re: Dependent visa for ILR Status

Post by hsyasin » Fri May 08, 2015 10:07 am

As far as i know, u just need to make Tier1 dependant extension, assuming ur wife was tier1 dependant and hasn't completed her 5yrs of stay if she arrived after july2012.
But before doing that, u'll need to pay nhs health surcharge for her (£200 per year)
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... n/overview

srini2k2ch
Newly Registered

Post by srini2k2ch » Fri May 08, 2015 10:25 am

Hi
Thanks for reply she hasn't got any kind of visa. I need to apply for her as dependent, but my status is on ILR.
I want to know what kind of application I need to make and where.
like online or postal, some one told me I have to do financial application as well. If you don't mind please advise me in order.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 08, 2015 10:33 am

She may make an application to join you from her home country.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

srini2k2ch
Newly Registered

Post by srini2k2ch » Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 am

Hi Vinay
thanks for advise don't mind saying I know I need make application I am asking for advise
what kind of application and supporting documents to submit.. If you know please advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 08, 2015 10:48 am

vinny wrote:join
Please click on any given links for further information.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Fri May 08, 2015 11:33 am

Hi

I got my indiefinte on the basis of LR. Now im applying for FLR(M) for my wife. I got question about how to pay NHS Surcharge.

I added my wife detail for NHS surcharge then do I need to add the details of Main applicant as well(i.e. me)? It ask main applicant IHS number but I dont have one as I dont needed because i got my ILR. Also it ask for visa status, not sure what to select from that Drop down of catagory!

Can some one please help I got appointment on Tuesday for premium service and can't get my head around what to select.

srini2k2ch
Newly Registered

Post by srini2k2ch » Fri May 08, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Shoaib
I am in same boat, I am trying to pay NHS surcharges. It shows main applicant don't need to pay charges u don't need to add ur details as ur already in uk.
but I got same doubt as you got what category we have to select. settlement or tier1 general dependent. if you got answer please let me know.
can you please advise me what else we need to do for FLR(M) application like supporting documents and any other applications we need to fill online.

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Tue May 19, 2015 9:48 am

Hi

my wife got the visa, but we ending paying extra charges for NHS i.e. £600 instead of £500. We mistakenly selected the Visa route PBS Depedant Tier 1 instead of FLR. AFter bit of blaming each other(by HO officer) HO said they will refund the extra £100 we paid.

Settled person dont need to enter there details. Only the applicant applying has to input there details.

Any questions please let me know
Regards
Shoaib

srini2k2ch
Newly Registered

Post by srini2k2ch » Tue May 19, 2015 10:00 am

Hi Shoaib

Thanks for posting status much appreciated, can you please give more details what kind of applications did you filled and supporting documents.
I need to apply for her from india, this is her first visa and when I entered my details while paying surcharges its asking me to pay £2000 just for NHS charges. I am confused a bit, for proving English speaking ability she got masters degree thought in English and got confirmation from UKNARIC.
please advise me what sort of applications to fill from both sides. and what kind of supporting documents to add.