ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

detained in heathrow airport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pbd
Newly Registered

detained in heathrow airport

Post by pbd » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Hello everyone.

I am under tier 1 visa.I am a self employed i got my 2nd extension in may 2014. After that I went to India and when I am returning back on 23 rd july I was stopped by the immigration border force and they asked me a couple of questions.later they asked me to wait .later I was taken for the biometric and after that I had an interview.he then asked me to wait for 30 min then he came and gave me a letter and asked me to con tact me on 25th of July and they will give me an update and if they want further information I need to attend an interview on 28th july and was given temporary admission.

When I called them on 25th they said that my temporary admission was extended till 7 the august 2014.and asked me to wait for call and if I don't get a call they asked me to call them.They were very rude.
Anyone had same experience plz share with me.Is it better to wait for them or is it better to see a immigration lawyer .if i meet immigration lawyer will the process speed up.i brought my 5 yrs kid along with me i need to take admission for him in school.I am more worried about him.

Any advice please how can i proceed and any immigration lawyer details

Thank you

vinny

Re: detained in heathrow airport

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:45 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

james.2013
Newly Registered

Post by james.2013 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:40 pm

hi
I don't think they should stop you
can you please explain more about your self employment and previous migration history like did you use any solicitors before for your visa application etc...

nks

Post by nks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Even if they did and you have nothing to worry then there is nothing to worry...don't even bother with solicitor too, just go where and when they call you and answer what they ask

pbd
Newly Registered

Post by pbd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Hello
Thanks for ur reply.I am a self employed and gets sales commission. hi am ready to go where they call me.I am only worried about the time scale .I heard that it takes long sometimes so i f I proceed through solisitor will it fasten the process.anyone heard about this type of cases plz share.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Was your passport retained?

Were you informed which provision of the PBS or your visa, you are likely to have breached?

Did they inform you of curtailment in writing?

You have the option of proceeding with Judicial review of their decision.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:18 am

Solicitors can't expedite the process. They provide you legal advice to make informed decisions.

You might get some good suggestions, if you answer the questions posted by Obie.

Good luck.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.