ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter for Days out of country - ILR application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uk2k10
India

Employer Letter for Days out of country - ILR application

Post by uk2k10 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi Friends

Can someone guide if we need letter from our employer for any out of country trip?

Do we need the letter if absence less then 180 days per year? ( Even My absence total of 5 years is less then 180 )

If she what all should be specified in the letter?

What letter can I produce if I came in the country searched for job and after i got the offer letter with one months joining date, I flew back to get my family and came back to UK in 25 days.

Will my continuous stay start from my first entry or from the date I came back to join my job.
If I manage a letter from employer regarding leave.

If I do not manage to get letter from employer regarding leave.

O_Relly

Re: Employer Letter for Days out of country - ILR applicatio

Post by O_Relly » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Assuming you are on the Tier 1 visa, going by the personal experience of members posting success stories in the ILR forum, a letter from employer is not required if your leave is less than 180 days in total.

If you were not in emplyment during the period, not to worry, just mention in a seperate - Letter of absence letter.

The date you 1st entered the country is the date you entered the country 1st, that will not change just because you were looking for a job and left the country to return with family.

Cheers
Cheers,
OR

uk2k10
India

Re: Employer Letter for Days out of country - ILR applicatio

Post by uk2k10 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I am on Tier 1 Visa.

When I left to bring in my family; I was employed (Weird but the company that hired me; they started my salary for the period when I went to bring in my family - gave 25 days annual leave in advance )

So from what you said, i do not need to attach any absence letter from employer :)

:) This Forum is a savior :)