ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Knowledge test for Tier 1 General and Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moloyghatak
Newly Registered

English Knowledge test for Tier 1 General and Dependant

Post by moloyghatak » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi Gurus,
I am staying in UK in Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa and my wife is on dependant of Tier 1 visa i.e. PBS dependant
My questions are as below:

1. When I applied for Tier 1, I provided original copy of master degree certificate from their recognised university. Degree and University both comes in Point based calculator and they accepted my educated was in english. I did not provide any certificate from University stating that my education was in English. They said if your qualification and institution comes in point based calculator, then it is in NARIC database.
I have my ILR due in December 2014. Do I need to pass any B1 (ESOL) exam now or same University certificate is sufficient now for ILR

2. For my wife I did not provide any certificate during ILR application as she was in my dependant visa (not required as well). Her master degree and University is available in point based calculator as well. For english knowledge requirement in ILR, if I provide her original master degree certificate (along with copy of point based calculator) is that enough? Or does she need to qualify B1 exam now

Please reply
Thanks
MG

O_Relly

Re: English Knowledge test for Tier 1 General and Dependant

Post by O_Relly » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:14 pm

1. No, evidence provided before for Tier 1 Visa is sufficient.

2. Her original Masters degree and print of PBS Calculator summary is sufficient.
Cheers,
OR

moloyghatak
Newly Registered

Re: English Knowledge test for Tier 1 General and Dependant

Post by moloyghatak » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Thank you very much for your reply