ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH REQUIREMENT ( hsmp- TIER1 extension)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nibbs08

ENGLISH REQUIREMENT ( hsmp- TIER1 extension)

Post by nibbs08 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:25 am

Hey evryone,

let me know ur views about this

regarding English Language requirement - what if I send all of these

1.Degree certificate(approved by self assessment tool)
2.Proof that the medium of teaching was english
3. IELTS certificate with 7.5 (6 years ago)

My que is if I write on thw form about the degree n send them all the evidence (even IELTS) will that be alright?

Cheers

gwerthyd
Newly Registered

English language Requirement

Post by gwerthyd » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:35 am

Hi,

Joined newly in the forum, Going through the immigration rules from the BIA site, it looks like your application should not have a problem, as you have Proof of english as the medium of instruction. May be IELTS taken more than 2 years before will not be valid, but still they might accept your application because the degree is taught in english,

But I have one question - Can anyone answer this please -

If in the self assessment for points calculation to the English Language requirement - the qualification degree comes as taught in English,then should we really need a letter from University.

My feeling is that the HO has got the database of all the degrees taught in English and if the degree that we are showing is already in their database, then we probably dont have to produce a certificate from University for the proof again.

Can anyone clarify please, thanks in advance