ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLM (M) or PBS Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hammad.77
Newly Registered

FLM (M) or PBS Dependent

Post by hammad.77 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:29 pm

I am a Tier-1 general holder and would be eligible for settlement under five years rule in August 2014. My wife was granted Tier-1 dependent visa in August 2012 and she moved to UK in January 2013. I understand that she has to live with me in UK for five years in order to be eligible for settlement.

I am thinking of booking PEO appointment for myself in July, 28 days before the expiry of my visa. But I am confused about how to precede with my wife's visa application?

As far as I have read this forum and UKBA site, I think there are two options:

Option 1) Extend her stay as PBS dependent
Option 2) Apply for FLR(M) after getting my ILR

I think option 1 is a costly option but there is no English requirement. Option 2 is cheaper and requires an English test to be given and can it reset five year qualifying period?

Can somebody confirm me if I go for settlement through PEO 28 days prior expiry of my visa then can I apply FLR (M) for my wife and would it reset five year qualifying period?

Secondly if i go for option 1 then can me and my wife book PEO appointment for same day?

Thank you in advance.

Amber
Mood:

Re: FLM (M) or PBS Dependent

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:38 am

Both options would appear to be acceptable though, option 2 may restart the time to settlement to a new 5 year period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hammad.77
Newly Registered

Post by hammad.77 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:42 am

Amber_ wrote:Both options would appear to be acceptable though, option 2 may restart the time to settlement to a new 5 year period.
Thanks Amber for your reply. option 2 may restart the time to settlement to a new 5 year period is it in UKBA guidance notes?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:15 am

It seems to be a consequence of the Immigration rules (E-ILRP.1.3).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hammad.77
Newly Registered

Post by hammad.77 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Thanks Vinny!

My next question is that can me and my wife (PBS Dependent) book PEO appointment for the same day? Would it be one PEO appointment for both of us or do we need to book two different appointments?

mightypower

Post by mightypower » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

REgarding the query using FLM(M), reading from the above link

it says u cant apply with this form if your partner has got ILR throgh work route?

So can the depandant apply when her partner got ILR through Tier visaS?

hammad.77
Newly Registered

Post by hammad.77 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:54 pm

Any one?
hammad.77 wrote:Thanks Vinny!

My next question is that can me and my wife (PBS Dependent) book PEO appointment for the same day? Would it be one PEO appointment for both of us or do we need to book two different appointments?