ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Halifax Bank Statements cost me 10 points for maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usol
Newly Registered

Halifax Bank Statements cost me 10 points for maintenance

Post by usol » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Hello All,
thank you for this informative forum,I have being following it since 2011.
I have an issue,about Halifax bank statements,if you pay in on a weekend ,it will just show the date of transaction in the narration abut show the next working day on the statement itself,HO has refused my Tier1 visa extension saying that I have fallen short of 90 days.Itransferred from Halifac current on a saturday to my halifax savings ,instead of the saturday date,it showed the next working day.

Also they said my accountant letter is not showing specified information-gross profit,I have no right of appeal(I submitted a day late) so I went for Judicial review and am waiting for 21 days to be over,please what are my chances?
I sorry if this is posted in the wrong place,forgive a newbie.

montysingh

Re: Halifax Bank Statements cost me 10 points for maintenan

Post by montysingh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 am

Dear usol

Please can you give little bit more information about the maintenance funds scenario. As how many days you were short for due to the halifax issue. Also if you were a little bit short why not show the rest of the balance from a different bank or joint account. Also if the money was actually in the bank but its not showing properly due to their system. why not go to a branch and try asking for a letter confirming the funds. If one branch doesn't give out the letter try some other different ones.

also, regarding the accountant letter before your JR get the letter with correct information and read the guidance for Tier 1 extension to see what the letter should display.

If you can get both the above things sorted, i dont think the judge will have any issue to give you the visa.

usol
Newly Registered

Post by usol » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 am

Hi @Montysingh,
The maintenance funds story is like this-I had money paid into my account that day,so there was no money in my current account before that day,so immediately I got the notification,I transferred £2650 to make my balance £3900.
Like I said this was on a Saturday 11th but on my statement it says Monday13th,but in the narration it reads 11th,HO decided to ignore that and calculated from 13th January to 11th April.
For the accountant's letter,my accountant put my salary from employment and my net profit from self employment only but my unaudited account(profit and loss)were attached in which the gross profit was stated.
I'm my PAP my solicitor explained all this I attached an affidavit from the accountant and a letter from the bank explaining their policy and the fact that the balance on that day was this amount and the money had been available from that day.
The PAP came back and they did not accept the facts so that's why its going for a Judicial Review.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

usol
Newly Registered

Post by usol » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi,
Any other ,suggestions please?