ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension after 1 year - IT Returns requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ashwin2005

HSMP Extension after 1 year - IT Returns requirement

Post by Ashwin2005 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:42 pm

Those who have arrived after January 2006, and applying for extension in the next month:

Please share your experience on how you are handling the IT returns requirement in the HSMP extension form. For earnings, IT returns is a mandatory proof. For many of us, who have not completed one Tax year yet, how can we submit the IT returns?

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:03 pm

Hi Ashwin,

I came in March 2006 and have asked the same question to the work permits team...here is their reply:

"If you don't have a P60 to submit then send in your P45, bank
statements covering the period claimed for, and a letter from your employer would not go amiss. Earning must be relevant to a continuous 8 month period directly preceding the the date of your application whether you have been working or not. They must include pay slips from your former employer if necessary."

Hope this answers your query. :)

Markie

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:19 pm

Markie,

Thanks for your reply.

P60 appears to be end of year certificate, and P45 appears to be a certificate issued when leaving a job. Neither is appropriate in my case as I have not completed one Tax year nor left any job. I am in continuous employment under one employer. How can I handle this?

Furthermore, I need to include my dividend income, for which I need to pay additional tax. I dont know how I can pay the tax on this before completing the Tax year. Any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:48 am

in that case then the main supporting docs you'll need will be the full set of payslips and the orig bank statements that shows the money indeed went into the bank account.

A letter from the company will be a further evidence stating that you have received the y-t-d salary.

For the dividends, I reckon there was a discussion in one of the threads here. What I can recall is that so long that you can prove that it can allocated to yourself then there should be no problem.

cheers

egoode
Newly Registered

Post by egoode » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:45 am

For your dividends you should be issued with a dividend certificate. I'm assuming this is the way you are paid because of contracting. I would suggest you contact your limited company provider/accountant for the information.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:26 pm

But the guidance notes say that Income Tax Return is mandatory, even if we provide pay slips, bank statements, dividend voucher etc.,

Not sure how I can fulfill this requirement since:

- I have not completed one tax year, so no Tax return possible
- I have not got P60 as I have not completed one year
- I dont have P45 either, as I have not left any employment ..

Can any one please advise?

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:18 am

Ashwin2005 wrote:But the guidance notes say that Income Tax Return is mandatory, even if we provide pay slips, bank statements, dividend voucher etc.,

Not sure how I can fulfill this requirement since:

- I have not completed one tax year, so no Tax return possible
- I have not got P60 as I have not completed one year
- I dont have P45 either, as I have not left any employment ..

Can any one please advise?
Ashwin,

If you're still in doubt, the best thing is to send a query to the Work Permits LTR team. They are quite fast in responding to individual questions such as this one. You send an email to them at:

wpukltr@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Almost a next day response is sent to the person asking. :)