ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - Tier 1 - Fund Maintenance Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hur
Newly Registered

Is case-worker manual available for Tier-1 ?

Post by hur » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi,

I think,we are hearing different versions from different HO persons when we call up for clarification. When I had called up, the lady read some sentences (may be case-worker manual) and told me that proof should be shown that we have instant access to any fund shown.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm listening :)

Forgot to add what about my stash of cash hidden in Sofas ;) that's more instant than HO Instant.

Poor case workers. Imagine the situation where as someone has got 10 different sources of proves in which case the case worker will start from the beginning get figure from all sources, sum them up, check it it withing specified limits and do it for 90 days...

Am I missing something?

Do I hear outsourcing....
:)

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi all,
Homeoffice says you can provide starements from internet..with bank name and logo..blah,blah,blah
But printout of HSBC bank statement's doesn't disply Bank Name and Logo..
Did anyone notice this? if yes, any help?

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:46 pm

HSMPgafla wrote:Hi all,
Homeoffice says you can provide starements from internet..with bank name and logo..blah,blah,blah
But printout of HSBC bank statement's doesn't disply Bank Name and Logo..
Did anyone notice this? if yes, any help?
please inform hsbc in writing through the online bank account contact us section. ask them for urgent help in this matter as print outs from online hsbc account do not show what the home office wants. tell them this will force most migrants who will need to show these maintenece requirements to move funds out of hsbc online accounts. if they cant immediately modify the way their online account printouts look then please ask them to find a solution to the problem urgently. in the meant time ask them for a short term solution by sending you your online account print outs on headed hsbc bank paper which has the bank logo as well to you by post. hope this helps

moose
Newly Registered

Post by moose » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Perhaps an easier solution would be to go to the bank in person and ask them to provide you with a suitable statement.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:48 pm

bank branches do not authenticate online saver account details or transactions. atleast hsbc does not, neither does natwest, so i assume neither do any of the halifax and HBOS group of banks. banks only authenticate statements about accounts held with high street banks and not those of online accounts even if it is with the same bank.

i just confirmed myself about this problem. hsbc online downloaded statement does not have logo etc, u just get a spread sheet without logo. also if instead u try to print out the online saver account transactions directly by printing the webpage itself, then another problem crops up. the webpage version shows the transactions in just the day and month format and the year of transaction is not shown. this basically makes the webpage print out useless.

hope everyone checks their online saver account statements and inform if it is the same situation in other banks too. atleast i can move money into another bank if hsbc does not change the way their statements look online.

i have just now sent a complaint to hsbc about this problem, otherwise i have said many migrants like me will have to withdraw funds from hsbc online saver accounts and use other suitable banks that have a proper statement issued. let me see if they find a solution or i will have to look for another bank to deal with. hope other hsbc customers check this and complain to hsbc as well.

vipul1981

reg online saver

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Hello guys
I have been reading regarding HSBC Online Saver, I think u guys missed my earlier post. If you visit a HSBC branch and ask them to do a printout of the Online Saver Account, it has got all the relevent details like BANK NAME, LOGO DETAILS OF TRANSACTIONS ETC.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Re: reg online saver

Post by vinay shanthi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Hello guys
I have been reading regarding HSBC Online Saver, I think u guys missed my earlier post. If you visit a HSBC branch and ask them to do a printout of the Online Saver Account, it has got all the relevent details like BANK NAME, LOGO DETAILS OF TRANSACTIONS ETC.
i had been to hsbc a while ago at the time of my hsmp renewal and i had asked for my online saver account statement to be issued on headed paper and the branch staff had told me that they dont have access to online saver accounts and said it cant be done and to print it out myself at home. how ever they did say that they could do it for regular hsbc bank accounts.
di u use the computers that some hsbc banks have that allow u to access your account to print out online account details. did your transactions have the date month AND YEAR printed against them regarding your online saver account??? because when u access it at home it does not show the year (it shows just the day and month) next to them and no use printing it as proof in that situation. i have never used the computers provided at the bank to access accounts.
i dont know if bank policy has changed regarding online account access via branch in hsbc. but i do know that even now, natwest does not have access to online accounts via the branch, so i guess it is the same with other HBOS online accounts as well as they belong to the same group.

vipul1981

reg online saver

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:37 pm

I just popped into the branch and explained to an advisor what i want, and he took me to one of the advisor for help and she just logged onto my account and printed the statement.. It has all the relevent details and also the date of statement.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 pm

thanks vipul. guess that solves the problem now that they seem to have changed their procedures. let me see what they reply to my complaint to them regarding the date not being in the proper format (year not mentioned when accessing online saver transactions page) on online version. if they correct that then we could use the print out as well. thanks for the clarification

rajkumar chandran
Newly Registered

instant access - what does that mean

Post by rajkumar chandran » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:19 am

vinay shanthi wrote:before we start telling people not to invent things. let us understand that different people manning the phone lines at BIA sometimes give different advice. see all relavant maintenence funds threads and in one of them one person has clearly mentioned he spoke to home office and that they clearly told him funds have to be instantly available. i have been through all the funds related threads on this boards and two other boards.

also in past as well when i have called home office regarding other matters, they have given me advice which was slightly different from what they told others. it all depends on how much the person manning the phone line knows. sometimes even after speaking to supervisors all they say is they cant say for sure and caseworker will decide and no guarantees.

hope that helps to sort out the issue of different versions being said by different persons

EDITED: regarding where i saw the mention of instantly available funds. please read page 1 of this thread itself. if u had read that, then see my post on it where i have given the link to the post where the other person (a person called 'hur' ) has said that he also had called home office and they clearly told him that funds have to be instantly accessible. his words not mine. just because home office said something different to you does not mean that they didnt say anything different to the other person. just imagine if someone assessing your application follows the logic of what advice was given to the other person

I asked the HO if we should provide proof if debit card facility etc. HO said that the funds should be accessible to you. I asked him "what does he mean by accessible?" the answer was "bank account in your name, bank statements in your name "

Whether they have anything else in their case manual is to be seen. Does anyone have the copy of case manual??

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:14 am

hsbc has today responded to my complaint and that they are trying to sort out the issues involved. will keep u posted if i get any further feedback from them

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:14 am

So I have a question to add to this thread:

What is the exact definition of "Funds available" Is there a difference between say "Funds available" and balance? Considering the time of year and it being a very expensive Christmas for me my balance is below the £800 but with my actual "Funds available" (overdraft) is more close to £4000.

Should I be worried?

BTW, anyone read the Daily Mail yesterday? Nothing surprises me anymore 8)

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:35 pm

have a look at the other threads. ur query has been covered there
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewfo ... 0&start=50

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24460
Should I be worried?

yes you need to be worried. i am not sure they consider overdrafts. best to clarify with home office help lines

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:05 pm

vinay shanthi wrote:have a look at the other threads. ur query has been covered there

Should I be worried?

yes you need to be worried. i am not sure they consider overdrafts. best to clarify with home office help lines
Thanks for the links. If I had to renew in say July I would have simply wired some funds over from my home country to prop it up. The cheakiness of the HO knows no bounds lately. I really hope the Justice for the current judicial review sticks it to the HO but right and proper. I should really be applying for my ILR in the next few months, not yet another HSMP err... ...excuse me... goofy "Tier 1" renewal. I mean I did my 1+3 in a full profession sector related FULL-TIME job. What more do they want? BLOOD? :roll:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

"letter from your bank confirming the level of funds in your bank account and that they have been held in that account for at least three months;"

Best make an appointment with my bank manager! 8)

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 am

MORBULOUS_PRIME wrote:
vinay shanthi wrote:have a look at the other threads. ur query has been covered there

Should I be worried?

Thanks for the links. If I had to renew in say July I would have simply wired some funds over from my home country to prop it up. The cheakiness of the HO knows no bounds lately. I really hope the Justice for the current judicial review sticks it to the HO but right and proper. I should really be applying for my ILR in the next few months, not yet another HSMP err... ...excuse me... goofy "Tier 1" renewal. I mean I did my 1+3 in a full profession sector related FULL-TIME job. What more do they want? BLOOD? :roll:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

"letter from your bank confirming the level of funds in your bank account and that they have been held in that account for at least three months;"

Best make an appointment with my bank manager! 8)
Just don't' reply on petty 800 quid, tomorrow they may make it 1800 you never know, so keep your account always at least 1800 or something and never let it fall below that.

No they don't want bLooD, they want WAR :)

I wish I was awake earlier, I would not have been in such mess....

So keep tuned here..

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:14 am

vinay shanthi wrote:hsbc has today responded to my complaint and that they are trying to sort out the issues involved. will keep u posted if i get any further feedback from them
hsbc called me back today and said they can post the statement for the online saver account in the required format with the logo etc. so i guess anyone who needs such a statement can call them up on their help lines and ask for such a statement to be sent by post. this way u dont have to take leave to be able to go to the bank if u work during normal banking hours.
ps: someone (supposedly hsbc internet account complaints section) called me up regarding this and wanted my date of birth and other security details before discuyssing the issue. but i was wary and didnt give any details and said would call back on their regular number given on the back of the debit card and they were ok with that. hope others who get such calls dont give out their security details and instead contact the bank back on the number given on the back of ur debit cards.

bani

Post by bani » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:32 pm

vinay shanthi wrote: ps: someone (supposedly hsbc internet account complaints section) called me up regarding this and wanted my date of birth and other security details before discuyssing the issue. but i was wary and didnt give any details and said would call back on their regular number given on the back of the debit card and they were ok with that. hope others who get such calls dont give out their security details and instead contact the bank back on the number given on the back of ur debit cards.
good on you. it always makes me worry when "my bank" calls me and immediately asks for security information.

thanks for the info about the letter too.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:21 pm

bani wrote:
vinay shanthi wrote: ps: someone (supposedly hsbc internet account complaints section) called me up regarding this and wanted my date of birth and other security details before discuyssing the issue. but i was wary and didnt give any details and said would call back on their regular number given on the back of the debit card and they were ok with that. hope others who get such calls dont give out their security details and instead contact the bank back on the number given on the back of ur debit cards.
good on you. it always makes me worry when "my bank" calls me and immediately asks for security information.

thanks for the info about the letter too.
I had such a call out of nowhere and luckily by brain worked faster than my mouth and I was saved.

Call was..

Caller: I'm calling from HSBC and this regarding that and before we proceed could you verify you security details....

Me: oh! yes that is what I've been doing through out my life go ahead

Caller: Your date of birth is DD and MM could you let me know your year of birth

Humm!!! this was the point where gray cells got activated. No one ever had asked such security questions

Finally I had to dump him and he said that he will send letter by post which he never did.

Next time some one calls you and asks such security questions then be alarmed. Better to be safe than to get screwed up.

hsmp40
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp40 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:52 am

vinay shanthi wrote:
vinay shanthi wrote:hsbc has today responded to my complaint and that they are trying to sort out the issues involved. will keep u posted if i get any further feedback from them
hsbc called me back today and said they can post the statement for the online saver account in the required format with the logo etc. so i guess anyone who needs such a statement can call them up on their help lines and ask for such a statement to be sent by post. this way u dont have to take leave to be able to go to the bank if u work during normal banking hours.
vinay,

Please correct me if i am wrong.

The guidance (page 21, paragraph 192) states that "1. Personal bank or building society statements covering the
3 month period immediately preceding the application."

now, even if you make the application the day you receive your bank ststements, there will be a gap of few days between the date they post you the bank ststements and the date you receive them.

Is this gap against the above mentioned requirements given in the guidance?

what do you think?

Regards[/b]

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:38 pm

hey dont worry about a few days difference before application. no one will be able to go into so much details. atleast i wouldnt. most peoples bank statements come once a month, so there is bound to be a difference of a few days or a couple of weeks when people send the visa application.

personally i think they are already pushing people to the limit with various requirements already. anymore and a lot of people will throw in the towel and find better alternatives to live. i feel they are not very far from shooting their own foot now. and evidence is already obvious in medical field where inspite of the propoganda to the contrary, now many job advertisements are going unanswered and recruiters are having trouble getting any people to attend interview and thats happening all over the country. infact recently a body called NACT sent out a mail to loads of people (a copy of which is in my pocession and already in the public domain :D ) trying to address this issue and by the looks of it, its only going to get worse. its only a matter of time before they go out on another international recruitment drive and thats when the funs starts, when they see what mess they are into after screwing everyone who came before, i am sure they wont have as many takers as before.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:39 pm

just found this from another forum. where someone had called BIA regarding what will happen if people dont have required funds over 3m prior to application.

apparently they were told that those who dont have required maintenence funds over 3m, then the only option is to apply for work permit (tier 2). later u can switch over to tier 1 (general) but the catch is u have to apply from home country but guess this will reset the ILR clock to zero if they have to leave the country to reapply for tier 1 and reenter on new tier 1 visa. i dont know if there are separate maintenence requirements for tier2 as well

yourtej
Newly Registered

Post by yourtej » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:06 pm

hello guys,

i am in uk currently and my hsmp application got rejected. ho asked me to go back to india and apply fresh application as my visa has expired.

can some one tell me please what is the amount for maintenace to be shown if i am applying from india, and is all the rules same as it is, if you apply from uk.

i have all uk documents as i have worked here for 1 year and wanted to collect all my documents before going back to india. my main concern is for the maitenance amount, it is not specified if you are applying from india.

any help will be appericiated.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Third party can provide accommodation for spouse

Post by vinay shanthi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Third party can provide accommodation for spouse

http://www.gherson.com/node/685

i think this new development in courts might give some relief for some people stuck with problems in maintenence funds requirement for tier1 as well.

posted this originally in immigration for family members section but repeat post here as it was relavant for this thread as well

molar
Newly Registered

Post by molar » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Just to add, i have just spoken to the home office and they have confirmed that you can submit more than one bank statement so long at the funds are readily available and they are above £800 collectively over the 3 months period.