ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - Tier 1 - Fund Maintenance Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi Friends,

I too have same situation like,
Got HSMP Approval letter, and need to apply for FLR under Tier 1 now.
Same issue with Maintainance funds. I don't have £800 funds on Jan 2008 in my bank account.

What I am thining as alternative is.. I am saving money in India in Chit funds, and now it is already above 1 lakh from last year.

Can I show that money for January month by giving
1. Letter from Chitfund company
2. Pass book with all entries for the last 2 years.

Will it help me?
Please give Ur response.

Rgds
Pavan

molar
Newly Registered

Post by molar » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:44 pm

i think you should be able to use the fund passbook along with your bank statement so long as it is verifyable by HO.

junior

Info regarding salary slip Tier1

Post by junior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi,
I need information about the UK salary slips, which I beleive are common across organizations, do we still need to get them signed and stamped. Please help. Thanks

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Friends,
Today I called HO for some clarification on maintainance funds section.
The CC executive told me in the conversation that
there is a convention for the people who are applying for Tier1 from UK with HSMP approval letter.
these applicants need to show 800 pounds funds in last 1 month only, not for 3 months.
And even the amount should not be at all times. on entry in the transactions is also OK.

I am very happy to know that, anyway could anybody again give a call to Ho, and confirm on this.

Rgds
Pavan

g_singh
Newly Registered

Post by g_singh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:56 am

Pavan,

I can corroborate your statement! Thanks a lot for posting the information in the 1st place.

I just called the HO on the new maintainance funds criteria for existing HSMP holders. There is a new transition arrangement in place for existing HSMP holders applying for extension till the 29th of June 2008. This information is not yet published on the website but is being given to anyone enquiring on the phone.

The transitional arrangement is that if you apply for extension of your current HSMP before 29th June, you have to only show the maintainance funds for 1 month preceeding the application date. Also, more importantly, you have to show these funds at ANY ONE point in that month and NOT ALL times in that month. The agent on the phone said that "if your funds go over the maintenence requirements on the day you get the salary in the month preceeding the application, then that is fine. You don't have to show the balance for the entire month".

After 30th June the new maintainenece criteria will kick in.

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi G_Singh,
Thanks for the full info on the rule.

My concern is that do we need to mention this convention in any covering letter while applying for Tier 1?

If we need, Could you please suggest any matter in that letter.

And also..
if anybody has any cover letters for Tier 1, could you please provide them..

Thanks in advance

Rgds
Pavan

g_singh
Newly Registered

Post by g_singh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:37 pm

Pavan,

Hopefully this transitional arrangement will be published soon on the BIA website and will take away all the confusion still prevalent on the subject.

If not, I would suggest including a small paragraph on maintainance funds in your covering letter stating that you comply with the transitional arrangements of maintaining 800 pounds on at least one day during the one month preceeding your application (as conveyed by the HO representative on phone on the 28th March).

hur
Newly Registered

Post by hur » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:25 pm

g_singh wrote:Pavan,

Hopefully this transitional arrangement will be published soon on the BIA website ).
website updated now :)

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

Tier1_Queries

Is the Maintenance of Fund for 1 Month for FRESH APPLICANTS?

Post by Tier1_Queries » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:53 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

Going by the above page, i understand that the Fund Maintenance for
1 Month is Not only for Transitional Arrangements ( i.e. people who have got HSMP before Feb 29, 2008) but also for people who apply FRESH under the TIER1 Scheme from with in the United Kingdom before June 29, 2008.

Friends, Correct me, if i am wrong? :?

molar
Newly Registered

Post by molar » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:04 pm

you are absolutely correct, i got a mail form the home office to confirm this and it includes every application for tier 1 whether renewing or extending so long as you are in the UK

molar
Newly Registered

Post by molar » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:06 pm

i aslo need to emphasize that it says your closing statemnt must have at least that amount (£800) and can not be later than 1 month from date of application

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 pm

thank you everyone for the updates
Regards
Ammu

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:07 pm

good to see they introduced the transitional arrangements now as many were having problems. some of the people i know were told about the transitional arrangements on phone as well before the website was updated. but to have proof of the conversations, they had emailed them again with the same queries and were planning on renewal applications after getting the reply. but now with the website being updated there is no need to wait for replies. good to see that better sense prevailed in BIA and they made these transitional arrangements.

HSMPExtension08
Newly Registered

Please go thgourh this link

Post by HSMPExtension08 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi Please go through this link, this will help a lot for the people who are applying under Tier1(General) new rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

heartbond
Newly Registered

Transitional arrangements for maintenance for fresh applican

Post by heartbond » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:44 pm

i sent mail to HO regarding Transaitional arrangement. whether it is applicable or new /fresh applicant from UK?

They replied

Thank you for your email.

In response to your enquiry, on 29 February 2008, Tier 1 (General) of PBS replaced the HSMP in the UK.

Under Tier 1 (General) migrants are required to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds in savings to support themselves in the UK. To do so, they must provide specified documentation demonstrating that a sum of at least £800 has been held and maintained, as personal savings, over the three month period immediately preceding their application.

Prior to the publication of the Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance, migrants would not have been aware of these requirements. As such, those making applications in the first few months following the launch of Tier 1 (General) may be unable to demonstrate that they have maintained the required level of funds in the manner specified over a full three-month period.

To cater for such migrants, and any family members seeking to apply for leave as Family Members of Tier 1 (General) migrants, the following transitional arrangements have been agreed.

These arrangements apply to all Tier 1 (General) Migrant applications, which includes those switching into Tier 1 (General) in the UK and those currently in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, who are applying for an extension under Tier 1 (General). The arrangements also apply to all applications for Family Members of Tier 1 (General) Migrants (ie their dependants) submitted up to and including 29 June 2008.

For postal applications, the date an application is submitted is decided by the postmark. For applications sent by courier, the date it is received at the payment handling service is used as the date of application.

For such applications, applicants will not be required to demonstrate that they have held the specified level of funds for a full three-month period. Rather, they will be required to demonstrate only that they hold the specified level of funds at the time of their application.

The level of funds which must be demonstrated will remain as specified in the relevant policy guidance (eg. £800 for main applicants).

The specific documents that will be accepted as evidence that these funds are held will also remain as specified in the guidance.

Provided the documents supplied demonstrate that the required level of funds was held on a date which precedes the date of application by no more than one calendar month, the Maintenance Requirements will be deemed to have been met. eg. A single bank statement with a balance of £800 and dated March 12, will be deemed to satisfy the Maintenance Requirements for a Tier 1 (General) migrant application submitted up to, and including April 12.

I hope this is helpful.

Yours Sincerely,

Customer Service Advisor
Customer Contact Centre
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Telephone: 0114 207 4074
Fax: 0114 207 4000

heartbond
Newly Registered

is nt good?

Post by heartbond » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:47 pm

is nt good?

geriatrix

Re: is nt good?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Good Morning :lol: ...
heartbond wrote:is nt good?

push

Re: is nt good?

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:05 am

sushdmehta wrote:Good Morning :lol: ...
heartbond wrote:is nt good?
Rather goodnight :D ; what exactly doesthat cryptic message mean?

Gops!
Newly Registered

Maintenance of funds

Post by Gops! » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:15 am

Hi,

I applied for HSMP on Feb 26 from india, Got approval on May 15.
Now am planning to apply for Entry clearance!

Do i have to show GDP 2800 for 3 mnts or i have to show that i have GDP 2800 at the time of applying?

When i go through this forum , For people applying from UK befor june 29, they can show that they have funds in that account while applying not for entire 3 months, does it applies to people from india also?

Thanks for your help

Gops

Gops!
Newly Registered

Maintenance of funds

Post by Gops! » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:25 am

Hi,

Do i have to show GDP 2800 for 3 mnts or i have to show that i have GDP 2800 at the time of applying?

When i go through this forum , For people applying from UK befor june 29, they can show that they have funds in that account while applying not for entire 3 months, does it applies to people from india also?

Thanks for your help

Gops

geriatrix

Re: Maintenance of funds

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:29 am

Search the forum ..... this has been discussed hundreds of times on this forum. Information is abundantly available, should you care to look for it.

regards
Gops! wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your help

Gops