ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR English Language Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

risingmoon19

ILR English Language Query

Post by risingmoon19 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello Guys,

I have got couple of questions about english language requirement for ILR

Any help would be most appreciated if you could confirm

1. If UK Bachelors degree is sufficient for main applicant's ILR application. The same degree was used in the inital application as well as in extension. This may sound a silly question but I don't see UK degree listed anywhere under english language requirements for ILR. Any reference would be gratetfully received.

2. Dependent passed City & Guilds ESOL level 1 last year but my understanding is that this qualifcation is no longer on HO Secure Language test list and it is only valid till NOV 2015 under new rules published in April 2015. We will be going for ILR in 2016 so dependent would need to pass one of the SELTs. Is that correct?

I checked website for Trinity college and it says if you are applying for ILR then all you need is to pass ten minutes english speaking and listening test? . I am bit confused whether dependent should go for B1 with speaking and listening or B1 in speaking, reading, writing and listening. Here is the http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3221 which explains all tests currently administered by Trinity College

If anyone could confirm these two aspects that would be great

Thanks in advance

risingmoon19

Re: ILR English Language Query

Post by risingmoon19 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:07 am

Hi Guys,

Any ideas?