ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependence 2 years rule or not?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

ILR for dependence 2 years rule or not?

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding ILR for my wife.

She initially came under dependent of work permit holder in Jan 2008 in Channel Islands and stayed up to April 2009 when we moved back to home land.

Then we came back together on May 2010 under entry clearance (tier 1 Dependent) and stayed up to Feb 2011 then moved to overseas, When her dependent visa was expiring on Nov 2009 we were expecting a baby and due to medical conditions she was not able to renew visa on time, Just after having baby applied again for visa (got another dependent visa on Nov 2013 and traveled to UK on Dec 2013) .

My question is if we came in 2010 and while dependent visa expired but due to a genuine medical reason may she be eligible to get ILR in 2 years time (once main applicant - I hope to get an ILR in June 2017) or not? I hope someone senior will help me understand this with some UK GOV document reference. many thanks in advance

ca4nul

Re: ILR for dependence 2 years rule or not?

Post by ca4nul » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:21 pm

i had (kind off) similar query and i talked to HomeOffice Call center.

Basically what they said is when you wife first granted Tier 1 dependent visa. if it is pre july 2012 then she had to spend 2 years for all other scanerios it is 5 years.

Its better to call them and check with home office.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: ILR for dependence 2 years rule or not?

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Yes I think this is the best way. Thanks mate again