ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier1 dependant: Help Please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ATP1983
Newly Registered

ILR for Tier1 dependant: Help Please

Post by ATP1983 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi Guys

Need your help with few queries--Though straightfoward - M a little confused

Main Appicant: Tier1(General)- Finishing 5 years in UK in July 2015
Dependant Applicant - Tier1 Dependant - Valid till April 2017--Just finished 1.5 years in UK

1)As you see the Main applicant(me) is eligible for ILR and will be applying for ILR this Summer in July. However my wife hasnt finished her 5 years in UK. So will she continue to remain for Tier1 dependant? Should i apply for ILR just for me?

2)After a Year on ILR I would be eligible for Nationality -- So during this time when I apply for a British passport --Will my wife continue to be on Tier1? or can she also apply for British nationality?

3)If my wife continue to be on Tier1 --waiting for her 5 years to apply ILR. In this case as I understand Tier1 extensions are getting closed in 2015 and ILR via Tier1 getting closed in 2018---She wouldnt finish the full 5 years till then --So how will she apply for ILR.

Please help em resolve this confusion

Cheers
Al

Malik44

Re: ILR for Tier1 dependant: Help Please

Post by Malik44 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:52 pm

ATP1983 wrote:Hi Guys

Need your help with few queries--Though straightfoward - M a little confused

Main Appicant: Tier1(General)- Finishing 5 years in UK in July 2015
Dependant Applicant - Tier1 Dependant - Valid till April 2017--Just finished 1.5 years in UK

1)As you see the Main applicant(me) is eligible for ILR and will be applying for ILR this Summer in July. However my wife hasnt finished her 5 years in UK. So will she continue to remain for Tier1 dependant? Should i apply for ILR just for me?

Yes She will continue her leave as Tier 1 G dependent until she qualify for ILR after 5 years.

2)After a Year on ILR I would be eligible for Nationality -- So during this time when I apply for a British passport --Will my wife continue to be on Tier1? or can she also apply for British nationality?

She have to spend 5 years to qualify for ILR

3)If my wife continue to be on Tier1 --waiting for her 5 years to apply ILR. In this case as I understand Tier1 extensions are getting closed in 2015 and ILR via Tier1 getting closed in 2018---She wouldnt finish the full 5 years till then --So how will she apply for ILR.

Tier 1 G closing for main applicants not for dependents.

Aldrin

ATP1983
Newly Registered

Post by ATP1983 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Thnx
Last edited by ATP1983 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATP1983
Newly Registered

Post by ATP1983 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Tier 1 G closing for main applicants not for dependents.

Thanks Malik44 for the quick reply.. really appreciate it

So she continues to remain on Tier1(dependant) while I get a British passport.

Her Tier1 expires in 2017 at which stage she would have finished 4 years in UK and I would be a British citizen-- So at this stage what visa she should apply for?
1)Tier 1 extension --- But I(main applicant) is no longer on Tier1
OR
2)Any other visa

Also when she finishes 5 years in the UK should she apply for
1)ILR dependant ---But I(main applicant) is no longer on ILR
OR
2)Any other visa

Aldrin[/quote][/quote]

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:20 pm

She will continue her leave as Tier 1 G dependent and apply further on this form
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

for reference please read page 2 of
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

ATP1983
Newly Registered

Post by ATP1983 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Malik44 wrote:She will continue her leave as Tier 1 G dependent and apply further on this form
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

for reference please read page 2 of
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf
Okiies.. So if My understanding is correct--
1)My wife has to apply for Dependant Tier1 extension in 2017
2)And in 2018 when she finishes 5 years in UK--She has to apply separately for ILR -- Is there something similar called ILR dependant or there is just ILR?

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Just ILR :D

ATP1983
Newly Registered

Post by ATP1983 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey Guys

I am told the visa rules have changed in April 2015 which affects ILR dependent applications. Has anything changes in the above responses.

1)I am told that Since I'm now on ILR my wife needs to immediately change to FLR(M) and cant remain on Tier1 dependent which is valid till 2017 in her case.

2)Also i have heard that a person needs to be 5 years on FLR(M) to get a ILR dependant visa--is This true? does this mean the 4 years my wife was on Tier1 dependant are void now? Or does 4 years on Tier1 dependant and 1 year on FLR count as 5 years for ILR?

3)Also Is there any new English test for dependants for FLR(M) and ILR applications?

3)Lastly is there any NHS surcharge for dependants?

Please advice

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:42 pm

I thought you would understand the hint, but ...

1. Read the responses highlighted in red in one of the posts above. They remain unchanged.
2. Read Pay for UK healthcare as part of your immigration application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ATP1983
Newly Registered

Post by ATP1983 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:41 am

Hi Sushad

I am aware of the reply and can read it very well.... The only reason i reposted this was coz i was told something very different by one solicitor which contradicted what was said in January and hence the confusion...

1)I was told that my dependant has to go on FLR(M) right away after i getting ILE even though she has Tier1 dependant visa valid till 2017!
2)Also i was told that my dependant has to remain on FLR(M) again for 5 years to be eligible for ILR!
3)There is a IELTS test which my wife has to pass to make a FLR(M) application or Tier1 extension or ILR application here onwards
4)There is a NHS surcharge while making a new application for Either of FLR(M)/Tier1 extension/ILR for the dependant

I have no personally Hobby of posting/spamming this forum but see this as a genuine forum to help with the confusion which UKBA comes up with... So just want a reply confirming/contradicting the above so that i can act accordingly.

Cheers