ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier1(Genaeral) Migrant & dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sashimohan
Newly Registered

ILR for Tier1(Genaeral) Migrant & dependents

Post by sashimohan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi,
I am a Tier 1 (General) Migrant. I got my Tier 1(General) visa in Sept 2008, but my first entry in UK was May 2009. I am applying for ILR now for me and my dependents(husband & daughter).

1. I would like to know if there is a separate application form for dependents or should I use just one application Set(O)form for all three of us.

2, My husband joined me in April 2011(though he got Tier 1 dependent visa in Sept 2008). He has been in and out of UK. Should he also be in the UK for 5 years to apply for ILR?
I am asking this question because, this year, he has been out of UK from Feb to April and for 6 weeks in July/August .

Please advise.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Tier1(Genaeral) Migrant & dependents

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:30 pm

1. One Set(O) for for all of you. Yourself as main applicant and then dependents detail in the dependents section.

2. No, he only needs two years if he came as your dependent before 9th July 2012. You will need to submit 2 years cohabitation documents, spread evenly throughout from at least 4 different sources. His absences should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sashimohan
Newly Registered

Post by sashimohan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Thank you for the response. Regarding my dependent (husband) you mentioned -
" No, he only needs two years if he came as your dependent before 9th July 2012. You will need to submit 2 years cohabitation documents, spread evenly throughout from at least 4 different sources. His absences should be ok."

1. Can you please advise as to what are the 4 documents to submit for this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:22 am

Page 62 and 63 or the FLR(M) application (not applicable to you) but has some good examples of cohabitation document examples.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.